CrunchyRoll Deal Of The Day:Mysterious Box of 30 Anime DVDs for $20 Plus Shipping

They didn't have me at Dvd also do u how much is there serives is

[quote name='starmask2k3']They didn't have me at Dvd also do u how much is there serives is[/QUOTE]

I have never signed up for there membership since I never needed it to watch anime on my iPod,But I believe its like $8 a month.

I signed up a while back but cancelled it. I was into a couple of series so its worth the money. Also, I have read forums about these "Mystery" boxes. They compile random volumes of repeat anime. See this thread for details

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-781443/mystery-boxes

This just gives one an example, I personally think this is a good deal, can be a pain if to hunt down individual releases though.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Any word on if they are in there own separate cases or sleeves?[/QUOTE]

They all come in there original cases these are brand new dvd's.

Meh, seems like it is all old Geneon and ADV DVDs. I already own all the Geneon series I want (either OG releases or FUNi reprints). Pass.

Seems like a bunch of junk, but it makes good fodder for the Best Buy trade in and save as it'll be cheaper than 99 cents per dvd.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I have never signed up for there membership since I never needed it to watch anime on my iPod,But I believe its like $8 a month.[/QUOTE]

A month

as long as it come with case & cover arts. I have no problem upgrade & save at bestbuy. Buy it now & do upgrade & save around may or june ;)

Meh, I threw down on it. I like gambling, worst thing that happens is that I paid under a dollar for dvds for U&S. Thanks OP, if I get crap I blame you, if I get gold, 100% of the credit goes to myself!

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']How much is shipping on this?

May bite. Days its still got a day and 3 hours left.[/QUOTE]It says right next to the price--$5.99.

Thanks OP for pointing this out and thanks to EdgeCrusher36 for pointing out the free trial for extra money off.

I only ordered one, but I feel like I should have gotten a second one. This is going to be my Best Buy U&S trade-in stock!

In for 2. Also, signed up for the free trial to save some more $. I'll be using these DVDs for Best Buy's U&S promotions:)

Thanks, OP!

After reading that topic....kinda sucks but for roughly $22 I guess I shouldn't complain. Hoping I get Girls Bravo volumes 1, 2, and 6. Have volumes 3 thru 5.

[quote name='granturismo']Was about to post this, but it's already here. Don't cancel for a couple days[/QUOTE]

gah...already cancelled. well if my order gets cancelled oh well..no big loss.

I kind of want this, but it'll be just a bunch of random volumes of stuff I've mostly never heard of. I barely get anything with upgrade and save anymore so that's no excuse for me to buy it either. The price is pretty good though.

I ended up ordering 3 of them. Its worth 60 bucks for me shipping and all just to hear the reaction from my wife when 90 dvds of random anime show up at the house. Plus, if they do suck, I got plenty of empty cases for stuff, I could sell some on amazon or ebay for cheap and still come out ahead. Plus the wife does like to watch completely random anime to see if she likes the series. It's a win/win/win/win/win situation all around for me.

a random box from a previous sale. You can see more here

b82dbb01ec6a07e23fddcca247da19631353978664_full.jpg

Keeping this alive to see if anyone got their package(s) yet and if so what they got. Still waiting. I know its only been a little over a week. Hope it arrives soon.

It said in the website that handling delivery would take 2-4 weeks. It has just now been two weeks. I don't expect any notices to be sent for at least a few more days.

Got my 3 orders in today, with no shipping notifications. After condensing down what I have, I have about 1 full box (around 23 to 25) duplicates. Gonna set those aside to sell off somewhere. Those include stuff like armitage dual matrix, appleseed, etc. Got a lot of gun sword, madlax, getbackers, X, some of the viewiful joe series, Heat guy J, a couple of fafner, and a lot of random one off discs of series I never heard of. Gonna sit down with the wife the next few nights and watch a few and see if they catch our interest to see if we want to track down complete or S.A.V.E. box sets of them. All in all, a pretty good sample pack of stuff for us to try, and then sell off for profit.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Got my 3 orders in today, with no shipping notifications. After condensing down what I have, I have about 1 full box (around 23 to 25) duplicates. Gonna set those aside to sell off somewhere. Those include stuff like armitage dual matrix, appleseed, etc. Got a lot of gun sword, madlax, getbackers, X, some of the viewiful joe series, Heat guy J, a couple of fafner, and a lot of random one off discs of series I never heard of. Gonna sit down with the wife the next few nights and watch a few and see if they catch our interest to see if we want to track down complete or S.A.V.E. box sets of them. All in all, a pretty good sample pack of stuff for us to try, and then sell off for profit.[/QUOTE]

What did it ship by? UPS? USPS?

My 2 orders showed up today. There was no shipping notice. Now, I'll be ready for the next Best Buy upgrade and save promotion. There are some random episodes and random movies. I'm pretty pleased with the selection.

[quote name='Darknuke']Grab bags like this almost always have crummy stuff that isn't even complete (like volume 2 and 6 of an anime).[/QUOTE]

people got em because they are dirt cheap and if they dont like or already have what they get its great trade fodder for Best Buy.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']people got em because they are dirt cheap and if they dont like or already have what they get its great trade fodder for Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Right, I think they came to $0.73 per DVD after shipping

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']There any way to track this if they haven't emailed you?[/QUOTE]
I didn't order the box of anime but can tell you of my previous experience. I remember ordering a deal from Crunchyroll for the full season of Haruhi on DVD. I remember placing the order and waiting FOREVER to get my order. I never got a shipping confirmation or a tracking number, only the original purchase order when I placed the order. I was surprised to randomly get it in the mail one day (I honestly think I had to wait weeks).

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting things from Crunchyroll on time. Love the service they provide in streaming but when it comes to shipping stuff out they seem to be on the slower side; I mean they aren't RightStuf by any means. I even think I have gotten stuff from Japan (SAL shipping) faster than Crunchyroll.

Bought 3 boxes came today USPS. Had 15 duplicates. Took them down to my local buy sell trade shop. They gave me $35 in store credit. That covered 2 boxes.:D

Hope some of you are willing to trade some of the ones you got. I'd like to keep some of the ones I got and try to form as much of a set on some of the series as I can. I may even buy some volumes depending on price.only got 3 DVDs I already own out of 30 so that that was pretty cool

Got my box today. Got:

Gun Sword Volumes 3 and 4
Tencho Tenge Volumes 3and 5
X 4 and 7
The Law of Ueki Volumes 1 and 2
Heat Guy J Volumes 1,2,5, and I think 9
Texhn Lyze Volumes 2 and 7
ex Driver the Movie
Submarine 707 Revolution the Movie
Appleseed
Armitage

Wanting to trade:

Human Crossing Volume 1 (already own)
Trigun Volume 6 signature series (already own)
Read or Die TV volume 2 (already own)
Viewtiful Joe volume 2
The Third volume 5
Tenchi in Tokyo signature series volume 3
El Hazard volume 2
J2 volume 4
New GetterRobo volume 1
Getbackers volume 8
Dog Warriors volume 2
Mermaid Forest Volume 1

Darn, missed it. I'd have jumped on it simply because I don't own any anime, simply been watching the youtubes, so this would be an easy way to boost my collection. Next time hopefully:)

[quote name='D.Choy']I didn't order the box of anime but can tell you of my previous experience. I remember ordering a deal from Crunchyroll for the full season of Haruhi on DVD. I remember placing the order and waiting FOREVER to get my order. I never got a shipping confirmation or a tracking number, only the original purchase order when I placed the order. I was surprised to randomly get it in the mail one day (I honestly think I had to wait weeks).

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting things from Crunchyroll on time. Love the service they provide in streaming but when it comes to shipping stuff out they seem to be on the slower side; I mean they aren't RightStuf by any means. I even think I have gotten stuff from Japan (SAL shipping) faster than Crunchyroll.[/QUOTE]

Funny story, the shipping box mine came in was labeled (both box and label) Rightstuf and there was a Rightstuf invoice inside.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Darn, missed it. I'd have jumped on it simply because I don't own any anime, simply been watching the youtubes, so this would be an easy way to boost my collection. Next time hopefully:)[/QUOTE]

I saw you had posted in the McKay thread about being around knoxville. I sold all my duplicates and stuff I didn't care for from the 3 boxes I ordered and got the money back for the total purchase. Might be something to look into when they do it again.

bread's done
Back