Ebay: Selling to Buyers with 0 FB

Barney

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Hello
Within a few hours the auction to one of my games will come to an end, and the only one bidder so far has 0 feedback. His been registered since July of 2012 but has never had a single transaction. Is there anything i should be on the lookout for? I've read many crazy stories on here of people getting scammed so i just want to be very careful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300851069930?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I've sold to a buyer with 0 feedback before and everything went smooth but i still... lol

Only problem I have ever had with 0fb buyers is non-payment. I have sold to a few that have paid and never had a problem... I have had more problems with low fb buyers than I have had with 0fb. I had one person with 17 fb try to say that they didnt get the item I sent them last week, despite the fact that I had tracking on the package. They opened a case with pay pal saying I sent the package to the wrong address even though I sent it to the exact address that they provided to ebay, which ebay in turn provided to me. I called pay pal and provided them the tracking number. Case closed. I think the reason I have so few issues with 0fb buyers is the fact that I take LOTS of pics and take the time to type up a full description of the item including what issues it has (if any), that way they cant say that (a) they did not receive it, or (b) that they received the item not as described.

IMHO, the only thing I really worry about is getting a buyer that opens an item not as described case as those can be very annoying. Normally I tell them to ship me back the item and upon my verification of the issue in question (and after I verify it is the same item I sent them) I will issue an immediate refund. I tell them that I just want to verify the issue for myself that they are having (if any). One of two things happens, either (a) they actually are having an issue and they ship the item back and I issue a refund, or (b) they are full of sh!t and I never hear from them again (I also mention that I write down all unique serial numbers as well as take close-up pics of all identifying marks to ensure that I am receiving the same item I had sent them back).

When I ship stuff like motherboards and components like that I will take a brush and paint and put a dab of paint on the board in a discreet location, then take a super-zoomed in pic of the unique mark so that it will be damn near impossible for the buyer to fake. Doing stuff like that has saved my ass more than a few times.

A low feedback buyer is probably less familiar with the tricks of ebay. Your only concern is nonpayment.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

If you're nervous, Google the person's name and address once they win the auction. I believe eBay hands that out right away. Cross check the name and the address against eBay scammer lists. You probably have a decent chance of finding the person on Facebook with their name and location, so you can probably get a peek at them to see if anything seems suspicious.

And yeah, just take a ton of pictures of the item and even your packing process with the item.

Just don't expect feedback because it seems like new users are terrible at leaving it, especially if they're not sellers.

[quote name='kodave']Everyone has to start somewhere.

If you're nervous, Google the person's name and address once they win the auction. I believe eBay hands that out right away. Cross check the name and the address against eBay scammer lists. You probably have a decent chance of finding the person on Facebook with their name and location, so you can probably get a peek at them to see if anything seems suspicious.

And yeah, just take a ton of pictures of the item and even your packing process with the item.

Just don't expect feedback because it seems like new users are terrible at leaving it, especially if they're not sellers.[/QUOTE]

That is why I put in my descriptions that I will under no circumstances leave feedback as a seller until the buyer has left me feedback first. I tell them that I am doing this in order to (a) verify the buyer has received the item, and (b) to prevent fraud. I still only get roughly 66% (or 2/3rds) of people that buy from me leaving me feedback....but it is better than the roughly 33% (or 1/3rd) of people that were leaving me feedback before I started doing that. I think people just assume that the seller will just automatically leave them positive feedback as soon as they pay, then they have no need to bother with leaving the seller feedback because the buyer has already gotten their positive feedback...so why bother to take the time when the buyer has already gotten theirs...?

hmmm okay... I just hope everything goes smooth like my last transaction with a buyer with 0 FB. I sold him/her a copy of WWE 13 for $40 and didn't have a problem with that person.

i will report back once he receives the game if he is to win the auction.

Usually 0 feedback users bid early, I imagine you'll get a couple experienced eBay users bid when it comes down to the wire.

he actually won the game and paid. I shipped him the game and he left positive feedback, everything went smooth. Im very happy

bread's done
Back