What Are Signs That Your PS3 Might Be Dying?

200STM

CAGiversary!
I own a 80GB FAT PS3 (From the Motorstorm Bundle) and lately it has been making a small noise while its in standby mode, it has never done that before until the past couple of days. I am coming here for advice to see if CAGs ever had a similar problem that lead to it pretty much becoming unusable. I am going to back up my saves to the cloud and I am thinking of trading it in at gamestop to take advantage of the double credit offer and picking up a crystal white PS3 Type 3. This noise might be a sign that my PS3 is near its end.

There's really no way of knowing if your PS3 is dying as it just kinda happens. If you're leery about it, your plan seems like a solid one.

yeah my ps3 was perfect for 2 years then playing blops 2 one night and the laser just dies. really no rhyme or reason. my 4 year old 160 gig was still going strong but shaking a bit, so i traded both in to gamestop during double tivs. i got new (used) ps3s through amazon warehouse deals + 2 years warranty for bout $50 more than i traded in old ps3s. great upgrade, especially just for security.

bread's done
Back