So CAG, Which game should I buy first?

BMO

CAGiversary!
I'm looking out for certain PS3 games that are cheap and right now my choices are the Sly Collection and CoD: Black Ops 1. I've never played either game in each series and my question is which one should I buy first? I'm going to own both down the road but which one will tide me over the longest until I get the other? Price is a factor as well, so if they're are any good deals let me know too :3

[quote name='Indiana Jones']If price is a factor, isn't Sly the cheaper game?

The COD games are slower to drop in price.[/QUOTE]

Well yes but I didn't want pricing to be the only reason I get Sly. Price isn't a big factor but it still is one. I should have been more clear on that.

Sly is a pretty decent collection. 3 good games for 1 price.

Takes some time to get 100% on them all, but you can blitz them quickly. Call of Doody is better as a multiplayer game, so keep that in mind as well.

Black Ops 1 will probably tide you over the longest due to the multiplayer portion of the game.

[quote name='burritoman']Sly is a pretty decent collection. 3 good games for 1 price.

Takes some time to get 100% on them all, but you can blitz them quickly. Call of Doody is better as a multiplayer game, so keep that in mind as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='htz']Black Ops 1 will probably tide you over the longest due to the multiplayer portion of the game.[/QUOTE]
Is multiplayer still pretty active on the PS3 version?

I vote Sly Collection hands down. That is one of my all time favorite 3D platformer series. The HD update makes 'em look even better. You will also spend a fair amount of time to 100% them, which you'll want to do. Or, you could play a shitty COD campaign and the boring, twitch multiplayer. That is just such a hard decision. . . haha

I lean towards Sly Collection. This collection took up a good portion of time for me. I even finished for Platinums, which I never attempt to do for any game. I just found the 3 games to be pretty fun. Mini-games were so-so, but a decent run if trophies are your thing.

Black Ops I was OK single player-wise, but pretty short. Random multi-player is not kind to FPS newbs like me. Seems like every time I respawned, there was someone waiting to snipe my head off. Playing with my brother and his friends was more fun anyway. I traded off the game only after like half a year as it got boring for me even with multi-player and the DLC.

Sly has some good platforming fun, but honestly I vote for Black Ops. It has the best multiplayer out of all the COD games released thus far. The maps are original and Marathon Pro hasn't been removed!

Alright thanks for the help everyone. Managed to snagged a used copy of CoD: Black Ops for $10 on Amazon. Figured multiplayer+ 5-10h story mode would hold me off till I get Sly. Thanks again :3

bread's done
Back