Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS (Playstation 3 the Best) $39.99 shipped in play Asia

Is it any good? Is there U.S. release for this game? Or perhaps an earlier version? Can't really tell from the pics, is it a 2v2 straight up fighting game or is it a Dynasty Warriors clone? I recall they made one with a Gundam theme, I'd be interested if that was the case here.

[quote name='ckc4043']Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS (Playstation 3 the Best) $39.99 shipped in play Asia

This game is regional free.

It is the lowest price I have seen.

Here we go!

http://www.play-asia.com/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Extreme_VS_Playstation_3_Best/paOS-13-71-bp-70-5iav.html[/QUOTE]

I thought it has been that way for awhile. I would have totally bought it if it wasn't for no Korean or semi-english subs.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is it any good? Is there U.S. release for this game? Or perhaps an earlier version? Can't really tell from the pics, is it a 2v2 straight up fighting game or is it a Dynasty Warriors clone? I recall they made one with a Gundam theme, I'd be interested if that was the case here.[/QUOTE]

No English release. Your lucky if another Gundam game comes along now. I heard it is one of the best if not the best Gundam game.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is it any good? Is there U.S. release for this game? Or perhaps an earlier version? Can't really tell from the pics, is it a 2v2 straight up fighting game or is it a Dynasty Warriors clone? I recall they made one with a Gundam theme, I'd be interested if that was the case here.[/QUOTE]

It's not strictly a fighter, but it's a 3rd-person arcade action game. The Gundam Vs. series goes back about ten years now- Federation Vs. Zeon and Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam came out in the US for PS2. Capcom started the Vs. series based on an engine they created for their Spawn arcade game.

It's a fun series, and $40 is an amazingly good price. I just got this for about $60 shipped last month and felt like I got a great deal, so if you like Gundam or any of those older Vs. games I'd jump on this.

Honestly at this point I'd say just wait for Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost. It's already released in the arcades for a whole year, so the PS3 version will probably come soon.

Full Boost is the new sequel to the Gundam Vs. franchise and adds lots of suits and new gameplay abilities.

[quote name='StrikeZero']Honestly at this point I'd say just wait for Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost. It's already released in the arcades for a whole year, so the PS3 version will probably come soon.

Full Boost is the new sequel to the Gundam Vs. franchise and adds lots of suits and new gameplay abilities.[/QUOTE]

I was going to bite, but after hearing this, I should probably wait it out then. Don't want the game to become obsolete as soon as I buy it.

Slightly off-topic, but is Gundam Age worth watching? I am a Gundam fan, but I watched the first episode and it seriously turned me off.

[quote name='Xiemos']I was going to bite, but after hearing this, I should probably wait it out then. Don't want the game to become obsolete as soon as I buy it.

Slightly off-topic, but is Gundam Age worth watching? I am a Gundam fan, but I watched the first episode and it seriously turned me off.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say, they recently started releasing new DLC, so they might just support this one for another year.

[quote name='Xiemos']I was going to bite, but after hearing this, I should probably wait it out then. Don't want the game to become obsolete as soon as I buy it.

Slightly off-topic, but is Gundam Age worth watching? I am a Gundam fan, but I watched the first episode and it seriously turned me off.[/QUOTE]

Gundam Age is only good in the 2nd generation. The other generations suck. If you are a big Gundam fan where you want to watch every single Gundam series then by all means watch Gundam Age. If you just want a new mecha series to watch then avoid Gundam Age.

[quote name='admiralvic']Hard to say, they recently started releasing new DLC, so they might just support this one for another year.[/QUOTE]

They are still supporting it with DLC suits for at least another month. It seems like the DLC is some of the suits from Full Boost so far.

[quote name='dohdough']Best Gundam game ever released in the US is still Encounters in Space IMO.

Journey to Jaburo had an even more awesome intro.[/QUOTE]

Agreed that game was fucking awesome.

[quote name='StrikeZero']Honestly at this point I'd say just wait for Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost. It's already released in the arcades for a whole year, so the PS3 version will probably come soon.

Full Boost is the new sequel to the Gundam Vs. franchise and adds lots of suits and new gameplay abilities.[/QUOTE]

Whenever that game does come (and it's not even announced AFAIK), it will cost at least $80 to import. What's wrong with getting this game now for $40? I hardly ever import anything but Best/Platinum Hits versions, and surely many others do the same.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Now they just have to do a discount on Asian version E.X. Troopers and I'll be set.[/QUOTE]

Hey is the Asian version fully Japanese or does it have korean in it or any english subs to understand it?

Is the online scene for this game still active? How extensive is the single player mode?

I've always had my eye on this game; big UC Gundam fan, but not very good with import games... Judging from some guides and videos, it looks like there's a pretty steep learning curve too! Maybe I'll sleep on my decision, unless someone convinces me it's a definite must-buy.

Also, the limited edition arcade stick for this game is pretty sweet looking, would definitely love to have one of those!

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Hey is the Asian version fully Japanese or does it have korean in it or any english subs to understand it?[/QUOTE]

No English

[quote name='62t']No English[/QUOTE]

I know I'm getting off track but is it somewhat easy to get into without know a lick of Japanese (assuming you played it).

[quote name='dohdough']Best Gundam game ever released in the US is still Encounters in Space IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCMjAE1aya4

Journey to Jaburo had an even more awesome intro.[/QUOTE]

Personally my favorite is Gundam Battle Universe for the PSP.

Crossfire really is a giant mountain of technical issues. But I like that too.

Also: If you are looking for a new Gundam show to watch and dont' mind it NOT being action focus and instead character focused. Watch Turn-A Gundam if you haven't already. fuckin masterpiece of a show IMO.

I'm looking into both Extreme VS and Senki Record UC 0081...

both are jap based, i know story line is all japanese, but what about menus...i was burned by ordering Yakuza Kenzan years ago and never got into it because EVERYTHING was in another language

[quote name='usrevenge']if only they would translate these games i'd buy some of them -.-[/QUOTE]

The best Gundam games never get translated.

Most of us could fully understand Japanese before this thing gets an official translation ( which is never).

[quote name='breakingcustoms']I'm looking into both Extreme VS and Senki Record UC 0081...

both are jap based, i know story line is all japanese, but what about menus...i was burned by ordering Yakuza Kenzan years ago and never got into it because EVERYTHING was in another language[/QUOTE]

The menus for 0081 are in english, but all of the parts/weapons you'll upgrade the mobile suits with are in Japanese, which makes that portion of the game a slight pain. Still, I imported it knowing absolutely no Japanese and was able to play it without much trouble. It's definitely worth it.

Can anyone comment on the single player for this? I watched some videos on youtube, but it just looks like 2 vs 2 combat. I seem to remember the PS2 Vs. games having fun single player modes, but I may be confusing those with a different Gundam game.

Extreme Vs is extremely easy to play for non-Jap speakers. It's my first game I've played in another language, and I have really had little to no trouble. Anyone on the fence for that reason can go ahead and order it without worry.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']usually 2-3 weeks for me in DE[/QUOTE]

Thank a lot. By the way, does play Asia provide tracking number when they ship items normally? I do not have any tracking number.

Since this is the Asian region version, does that mean I'd have to make yet another PSN account and try to figure out how to get money into it if I want to buy the DLC? I already had to make a second account for Japanese region and import PSN cards last time I wanted a Japanese game.

[quote name='levrin']Since this is the Asian region version, does that mean I'd have to make yet another PSN account and try to figure out how to get money into it if I want to buy the DLC? I already had to make a second account for Japanese region and import PSN cards last time I wanted a Japanese game.[/QUOTE]

The DLC is compatible for Asian and Japanese regions no matter you download the dlc in Japan or Asian stores.

Really fun game. Imported it over the summer and have had a blast with it. Well worth the $40, even for non-Gundam fans like myself.

[quote name='ckc4043']The DLC is compatible for Asian and Japanese regions no matter you download the dlc in Japan or Asian stores.[/QUOTE]

Nice tip didn't know about that one hopefully there it's a easy way to get psn code in Asia

[quote name='eilegz']Nice tip didn't know about that one hopefully there it's a easy way to get psn code in Asia[/QUOTE]

Because my friend downloaded the "hi-nu" gundam dlc from the japan store, it is workable for his copy of asian copy.

The one thing that kinda sucks is the multilayer. There's online multiplayer, but if you want to play against people locally 2v2 you need 4 copies of the game, 4 PS3s, and have them all connected to PSN.

Definitely one of my favorite gundam games in a long time (I'm a huge fan of the Gundam vs games). Few versions came out to the US on the PS2 (Federation vs Zeon and Gundam vs Zeta Gundam). Out of all the Gundam VS games, this is definitely one of my favorite followed by Rengou vs ZAFT II Plus.

Gundam Extreme Vs and Full Boost ("Sequel") are extremely popular in arcades in Japan. Not sure if we're getting a console Full Boost, but the PS3 version of Gundam Extreme vs are getting a LOT of DLC in terms of units from the sequel.

Trailer of Full Boost (it's not confirmed for PS3, despite the title):
[youtube]bKee7VXUswY[/youtube]

Thanks for the heads up on this, I slowly worked my way through all the Gundam series over the past few years and I thought the original price was too steep. This is worth it just to be able to play as the Crossbone Gundam from the F91 spinoff manga series.

[quote name='ckc4043']Thank a lot. By the way, does play Asia provide tracking number when they ship items normally? I do not have any tracking number.[/QUOTE]

Negative, they only have tracking on the FedEX ones...the economy do not come with tracking. Never had an issue, though

I only know a tiny tiny bit of Japanese thanks to anime but I went ahead and ordered a copy. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Looked the game up, hearing great things about it. Region free ftw! Also for those who were on the fence like me because of the language barrier, there seems to be some websites/forums made to help English speaking players. Simple google search and you'll see (an example is the Gundam Extreme Vs thread on Neogaf).

[quote name='ckc4043']Maybe later we add psn each other, and have a match in that room for cag![/QUOTE]

For sure. I'm ordering this, hopefully it won't be too hard to customize suits since I don't know Japanese.

[quote name='superhippy1986']If this was the Gundam Unicorn game I'd care...[/QUOTE]

Unicorn, Delta Plus, Sinanju, and Kshatriya are in the game.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']For sure. I'm ordering this, hopefully it won't be too hard to customize suits since I don't know Japanese.[/QUOTE]

In the arcade mode there is no suit customization. In the the mission mode there is only suit upgrades to the power, boost, defense, hp, etc.

It's very straightforward upgrading.

Never imported a PS3 game before, but damn this one really might be the first, I liked the PSP games. Is this basically an upgraded version of those?

[quote name='StrikeZero']Unicorn, Delta Plus, Sinanju, and Kshatriya are in the game.

In the arcade mode there is no suit customization. In the the mission mode there is only suit upgrades to the power, boost, defense, hp, etc.

It's very straightforward upgrading.[/QUOTE]

So are there no abilities to customize like gundam Musou? Well that sounds good either way.

If you guys want to play when you get yours, add me at skyye06.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Never imported a PS3 game before, but damn this one really might be the first, I liked the PSP games. Is this basically an upgraded version of those?[/QUOTE]

Did you try Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus? It's pretty close to that iteration (There are some system changes).

bread's done
Back