Mass Effect 3: Special Edition 17.98 Target Clearance YMMV - Wii U

ElvinWasHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Saw the Mass Effect 3 Wii U version in Target today.

Marked down from 59.99, for all you Wii U owners out there.

Didn't pick it up since I don't have a Wii U, so it's still there at Target Eagle Rock.

Price seems right for a clearance item instead of online return (70%off).
But YMMV on other stores having it at this price

No clearance game at my local Target (Independence, MO and Lees Summit, MO). Lucky picked up 2 Sony 3D glasses (online Return) $6 Each ;)

[quote name='ElvinWasHere']Saw the Mass Effect 3 Wii U version in Target today.

Marked down from 59.99, for all you Wii U owners out there.

Didn't pick it up since I don't have a Wii U, so it's still there at Target Eagle Rock.

[/QUOTE]

I would've bought it to flip. Why not right?

Just managed to pick one up at my local target. Thanks op
winning

Still too high. Waiting till it inevitably drops in price.

This bit of sarcasm brought to you by Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition PS3 Target clearance thread.

[quote name='thegame956']Can the title please read for the crappy game console.[/QUOTE]

1. Do you really need to let people know that you think the Wii U is crappy?

2. The only version of Mass Effect 3 with the subtitle "Special Edition" is the Wii U version. I believe the 360/PS3 versions had "Collector's Edition"

[quote name='bonesawisready']1. Do you really need to let people know that you think the Wii U is crappy?

2. The only version of Mass Effect 3 with the subtitle "Special Edition" is the Wii U version. I believe the 360/PS3 versions had "Collector's Edition"[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if it said Wii U just so I don't get excited.

[quote name='thegame956']Can the title please read for the crappy game console.[/QUOTE]

It could read that, but it would be wrong.

Get that childish fanboy crap out of here, please.

[quote name='bonesawisready']2. The only version of Mass Effect 3 with the subtitle "Special Edition" is the Wii U version. I believe the 360/PS3 versions had "Collector's Edition"[/QUOTE]

lol... Maybe 20-30% of the people on this forum are going to know that off the top of their head when they look at this thread.

I don't care what name you want to call it, but the title definitely needs the system in it.

[quote name='TopsideKracker']lol... Maybe 20-30% of the people on this forum are going to know that off the top of their head when they look at this thread.

I don't care what name you want to call it, but the title definitely needs the system in it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe 70-80% percent of this forum needs to stop being retarded.

but it's the wii U version, not the 360. :)

Next time keep it to yourself, buddy. This looks super YMMV but I may just stop by the target on the way home from work today to look around for shenanigans like this.

Just went down to my local Target and got this at the price listed on here. Of note though, it was not marked down in their system. The picture here worked wonders for me as I just showed them and they adjusted the price and said "that's weird". I got the impression though that he was new, because he sounded a little unsure about price matching and whatever, so I don't think they would have done it if someone else had helped me.

I wont get this since I have it on 360 already but this is definitely a great price for this game, if you don't have it on one of the other consoles already I'd recommend it at this price, the multiplayer is also really fun (no idea how active it is on Wii U though)

[quote name='MoCiWe']I wont get this since I have it on 360 already but this is definitely a great price for this game, if you don't have it on one of the other consoles already I'd recommend it at this price, the multiplayer is also really fun (no idea how active it is on Wii U though)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I am going to end up never having transferred a character over. I played ME1 on the 360, ME2 on the PS3, and now ME3 on the WiiU.

I'm assuming the multiplayer will possibly be more active on the WiiU due to the fact that people are currently buying the game as a new title. Im still not through with 2, so this is a great thing for me. I really enjoy the WiiU, so this is a good thing for me.

[quote name='kingotnw']Unfortunately I am going to end up never having transferred a character over. I played ME1 on the 360, ME2 on the PS3, and now ME3 on the WiiU.

I'm assuming the multiplayer will possibly be more active on the WiiU due to the fact that people are currently buying the game as a new title. Im still not through with 2, so this is a great thing for me. I really enjoy the WiiU, so this is a good thing for me.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played ME3 online with the Wii U but I can tell you that the online community for any Wii U game is going to always be significantly lower than the other systems, at least for the time being. There's just far too many of the other systems out in the wild to realistically compare them.

During launch of Wii U there was like a few hundred pepople playing BO2 while on the 360/PS3 there were many hundreds of thousands. It's just how it goes for new Console launches.

Checked the 2 targets in my area - $59.99...BIG NADA :(

MIGHT BE A GLITCH OR THEY HAVENT GOTTEN TO MARK IT DOWN....

If you want to play the game online I'm sure Xbox or PS3 would be the way to go. I play on the 360 and I get a game quicker on ME3 quicker than any other online game I have played.

I'd buy it just for the off tv feature

I had it on 360 but never finished but shitty ending aside, I had fun for a bit

Hope it happens at my target

But Hmmmmm, wonder if the launch Wii u games will drop in value

[quote name='rbarba4']Price seems right for a clearance item instead of online return (70%off).
But YMMV on other stores having it at this price[/QUOTE]

What is an online return? I thought B&M and online were treated as separate? Then the B&M has to discount it 70%?

[quote name='joeboosauce']What is an online return? I thought B&M and online were treated as separate? Then the B&M has to discount it 70%?[/QUOTE]

The typical clearance cycle for Target is 30%/50%/70%. A clearance item will be marked as such and be one of these percentages off. If someone returns an item sold at Target.com only in store, then it may be found real cheap with one of those "As Is" stickers since the store cannot effectively merchandise it. Those "As Is" prices are across the board as far as percentages go though.

Yea, it was probably a return.

Only thing I saw in my targets clearence area was that Wii party game for $20.

[quote name='Zeo']It could read that, but it would be wrong.

Get that childish fanboy crap out of here, please.[/QUOTE]

Shut the heck up kid, I was ninja fighting in the original ninja gaiden arcade, and shooting fireballs on the first street fighter while u were just a tiny sperm in your dads balls. So I can fanboy shit all I want, without ppl like me that supported gaming in the 80,s, 90's and so on, you wouldn't have a cute little 3ds and your little boy wii u to play with.

This could be one of those deals where its only clearanced at some Targets (like the smaller stores). The OP clearly posted a picture showing its not an online return, but a regular in-store clearanced item.

By the way, the two Targets I went to today had it at $59.99.

Dammin, you're all making me wish I purchased it, haha.

I mean, I'll eventually get the Wii U (read: in a year or two), so I'm guessing it'll be sub-20 when I get the Wii U.. eventually...

[quote name='bruceg']I think Wii U was worse performance wise on all of digital foundry's head-to-head comparisons. Only reason I may still pick up a few is for the added content/features....[/QUOTE]

I think they said PS3 is worse, but Wii U doesn't get the dlc or all the dlc.

[quote name='J7.']I think they said PS3 is worse, but Wii U doesn't get the dlc or all the dlc.[/QUOTE]

I think DF said that the Wii U versions usually have some advantages.

Like Batman's fps drops a bit to 24 frames but it is hardly noticable in game. And they say the game has FXAA or something that the other versions don't have

Trine 2 is a better example, a multiplatform game that is best on Wii U (OTHER THAN PC VERSION of course)

[quote name='J7.']I think they said PS3 is worse, but Wii U doesn't get the dlc or all the dlc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right -- my mistake. I should have said Wii U wasn't the best performer on any of their current head to head comparisons. If the Wii U ports were clearly superior, I probably would have eventually bought them to have the best version.

I was so excited when I got to Target and saw a pile of 5 blue Wii U cases sitting in the clearance rack.

Too bad they were Ben 10 at 70% off. :p They didn't appear to have any Mass Effect and the SKU was still 59.99...

bread's done
Back