Microsoft XBOX 360 Essentials Pack + Doom 3 = $49.99 + $10 OFF @ Newegg.com

Chedeng88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
A few days ago this promo was $57.99. Now it's even sweeter at $49.99! PLUS you can still take an EXTRA $10 off on top of that! (see below).
Especially good for those who missed the flash Buy.com deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=1312731&SID=

Bundle includes:

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Microsoft High Speed HDMI Cable
Microsoft Xbox Media Remote
3 months of Xbox Live
Doom 3 BFG Edition for XBOX 360

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I bit. Ended up with The Pack, DOOM BFG and Saints Row the Third Full Package for $61.98 after $10 off NewCustomer.

Well, I'm tempted. I want the game, I would like a media remote, you could never have enough XBL and I could probably sell the controller. However, do I want to drop $50. Hmmm...

[quote name='Sparta']It didn't work for me. New account, but said it can't be stacked with other offers.[/QUOTE]

Same here i am just gonna take it as a sign telling me that I don't need it.

[quote name='Sparta']It didn't work for me. New account, but said it can't be stacked with other offers.[/QUOTE]

Try adding a cheap game or item. It should work.

[quote name='Chedeng88']Try adding a cheap game or item. It should work.[/QUOTE]

I did I added a cheap $.99 3ds accessory to boost the total to $50.98 and it still doesn't work.

Gonna sell everything but the controller and live, as I don't really want or need them. How much do you think I can get for a Media Remot, HDMI Cable, and Doom 3 BFG on ebay? I'm thinking $40?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Gonna sell everything but the controller and live, as I don't really want or need them. How much do you think I can get for a Media Remot, HDMI Cable, and Doom 3 BFG on ebay? I'm thinking $40?[/QUOTE]

Well Doom 3 BFG is getting between 20-30 Brand new shipped so that is a big window but after fees and shipping you are looking at $15-$24. The media remote may net you $5-10. The HDMI cable you might as well trade to GS for $4.

Edit: The remote in the bundle is listed around $15-20 on Ebay but that is in a new package. If the bundle has a free remote I would guess you would get less.

Got brutal legend for 7 and took the 10 off. Thanks OP. Going to sell it all other than the games which I should make a profit on.

Well I chatted with customer Service and they told me that the code would only work after 24hr. of my new account.I ended up asking them what am I supposed to do if its out of stock tomorrow and they ended up giving some random response that had nothing to do with my question and I just told them "alright I guess I wont order it then" and the person gave me a $10 off promo code. Now I guess I wont have to worry about tomorrow.

Thats crap the customer service rep was giving you I think. I made a new account and it worked directly after... Did you try adding a crappy $0.90 item?

[quote name='stupidproz1']Thats crap the customer service rep was giving you I think. I made a new account and it worked directly after... Did you try adding a crappy $0.90 item?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I added some 3ds accessory for $.99.And the promo code she gave me also didn't work so I told her and she told me to email her the order Number to an email she gave me and that she will discount the $10.All I know is if I check tomorrow and it still says they charged me $50 i am cancelling my order.

got 1 plus. total was $44.09. said promo code couldn't be applied to this order at checkout but total was came out to $44. email confirmation shows $44 price so I am set. Good thing since I just broke the lb and rb buttons on my controller today.

edit: had to make new account.

Can't get it to work for me. Very frustrating.

I asked my wife to sign up for an account, coupon applied, got all the way to the confirmation page, and it said the code is only valid for new customers.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Can't get it to work for me. Very frustrating.

I asked my wife to sign up for an account, coupon applied, got all the way to the confirmation page, and it said the code is only valid for new customers.[/QUOTE]

Did you check total? Same message I got but coupon was applied to total.

Went ahead and jumped with the extra $10 off coupon.

Damn tax adds an extra $4 on it though. That's lunch!

EDIT: I tried to pay with Paypal with my newly made account using a Paypal account that I use with my old NewEgg account and it said that I was no longer a new customer. Just a heads up.

DOUBLE EDIT: Doesn't seem to let me use the coupon for a previously used address either.

I just tested doing an order again and the $0.99 "3DS game selector" definitely works as a filler item. The $10 off still works too by just creating another account.

To those having problems:

1. Make sure it's a new account (i.e. an account that hasn't ordered from Newegg before).
2. Add the Xbox Essentials Pack
3. Add the $0.99 3DS game selector (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=1312731&SID=)
4. Enter "NEWCUSTOMER" promo code.
5. The $10 discount will NOT show up in the Order List and Sub Total section, rather will appear on top of the Grand Total near the bottom of the page as:

Remove NEWCUSTOMER Discount From Promo Code -$10.00

I only went in for one when I originally posted this deal. But just for kicks, I tried ordering again. And this time I even tried multiple quantities and it still went in!
Now I have 3 Essential Packs with Doom 3 on my way LOL! I figured I can easily sell off everything except the wireless controllers for around the price I paid, so I'll basically be getting 3 XBOX wireless controllers for FREE. Not bad at all. ;)

hty9te.jpg

FWIW, I think they use the shipping/billing address to check, I could not get the coupon code to work even with a new CC until I changed the address I used.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Well I chatted with customer Service and they told me that the code would only work after 24hr. of my new account.I ended up asking them what am I supposed to do if its out of stock tomorrow and they ended up giving some random response that had nothing to do with my question and I just told them "alright I guess I wont order it then" and the person gave me a $10 off promo code. Now I guess I wont have to worry about tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
There CS is a joke and reply with wrong answers... They used to rock in support.

[quote name='Chedeng88']I just tested doing an order again and the $0.99 "3DS game selector" definitely works as a filler item. The $10 off still works too by just creating another account.

To those having problems:

1. Make sure it's a new account (i.e. an account that hasn't ordered from Newegg before).
2. Add the Xbox Essentials Pack
3. Add the $0.99 3DS game selector (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16878501041)
4. Enter "NEWCUSTOMER" promo code.
5. The $10 discount will NOT show up in the Order List and Sub Total section, rather will appear on top of the Grand Total near the bottom of the page as:

Remove NEWCUSTOMER Discount From Promo Code -$10.00

I only went in for one when I originally posted this deal. But just for kicks, I tried ordering again. And this time I even tried multiple quantities and it still went in!
Now I have 3 Essential Packs with Doom 3 on my way LOL! I figured I can easily sell off everything except the wireless controllers for around the price I paid, so I'll basically be getting 3 XBOX wireless controllers for FREE. Not bad at all. ;)

hty9te.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice to bad i need this money for ds3/aliens ce and walking dead series 2 figs..

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']It's not working for me even after making new acct .I assume the reason why is the shipping address they have on file[/QUOTE]

With your new account, try changing your address just a bit.

For example, if the address on your old account has abbreviations like "St", "Rd", "Rte" etc., spell it out completely on the new account i.e. Street, Road, Route etc.

Heres a nice little tip about the media remote.... During gameplay and such you can use the media remote to control your music without having to bring up the guide menu everytime. Once you start your music via the guide menu simply use the forward/rewind or play/pause button to control the music and change tracks and such. Been doing it like that since the system released and its great.

[quote name='Chedeng88']With your new account, try changing your address just a bit.

For example, if the address on your old account has abbreviations like "St", "Rd", "Rte" etc., spell it out completely on the new account i.e. Street, Road, Route etc.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get the coupon to work simply by adding a second period to the street abbreviation, "Ct.." instead of "Ct."

In for one - thanks, OP!

16.50 this week at BB (50% bonus + 10% GCU).

22.00 next week IF the TIV holds when they switch back to 100% (+ 10% GCU) -- it's like getting the Pack for only ~$19! :D

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I ordered one and they called me to "verify" my order. That was weird. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Weird indeed. Did you order multiple quantities?

I grabbed one without the code, still a great deal. So what are the chances newegg refunds me a little on the essentials pack that I just paid more for three days ago?

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Well, I'm tempted. I want the game, I would like a media remote, you could never have enough XBL and I could probably sell the controller. However, do I want to drop $50. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I already have 4 controllers, $41 minus what I can get for the controller might be worth it.

[quote name='BigBizzee']I grabbed one without the code, still a great deal. So what are the chances newegg refunds me a little on the essentials pack that I just paid more for three days ago?[/QUOTE]

I contacted customer service via chat. They refunded me $8 dollars.

Thanks OP ordered one. I have 3 controllers, but only 1 of them is wireless, and it'll probably need to be replaced at some points. I'm not into 1st person shooters so I'll trade the game to offset my cost a bit. Not sure if I want more xbl time. I guess I can trade that and the remote with someone.

bread's done
Back