Check you email for free 160 live points - Black Ops 2 Map release...

Tendoboy

CAGiversary!
Got an email from Xbox with a code to redeem points..... Stated 160 pts towards the map pack, but added it to my account regardless.....Also had a 48hr live code.

The 21st-Century Cold War is heating up. After introducing technologically advanced tools, drones, and advanced robotics, Call of Duty: Black Ops II redeploys with Revolution, a new downloadable content pack boasting 4 brand-new multiplayer maps, a new Zombies Co-Op Map, a new Zombies game mode, and a first-ever bonus—the Peacekeeper hybrid SMG. Try it all with a 48-hour Xbox LIVE Gold trial plus 160 points toward Revolution.*

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm curious, do people not regularly check their emails?[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I would assume most CAGs are pretty tech savvy and have ready access to their e-mail via smartphones and other devices 24/7.

[quote name='Tendoboy']Got an email from Xbox with a code to redeem points..... Stated 160 pts towards the map pack, but added it to my account regardless.....Also had a 48hr live code.

The 21st-Century Cold War is heating up. After introducing technologically advanced tools, drones, and advanced robotics, Call of Duty: Black Ops II redeploys with Revolution, a new downloadable content pack boasting 4 brand-new multiplayer maps, a new Zombies Co-Op Map, a new Zombies game mode, and a first-ever bonus—the Peacekeeper hybrid SMG. Try it all with a 48-hour Xbox LIVE Gold trial plus 160 points toward Revolution.*[/QUOTE]
Are you a silver member? I've been gold for a few years and my paragraph in the email ends at "SMG". No points

[quote name='dennisb407']Are you a silver member? I've been gold for a few years and my paragraph in the email ends at "SMG". No points[/QUOTE]

Same here. No points.

Someone should start a "Check your email" master thread to avoid these popping up over and over again. There's been two posts like this already today. It's an absurd waste of time and space. It'd be really easy to maintain.

Thread title: Check your email...

Body of thread: See title. You might have some email.

Would save a lot of time with these posts. Not meaning to harp on the OP, I just find these to be a complete waste of time. As bojay1997 pointed out there's a really good chance that most CAGs check their emails frequently as it is. However there does seem to be a lot of people that still manage to benefit from the reminder. I don't understand it, but then I don't know how some people live in the sticks without high speed internet access at home.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you need have have played Black Ops II on your account for them to send you this email?

Great deal! :p Can't believe people struggle with where to post topics. It's really not that complicated. I know they are just trying to be helpful, but just follow the rules.

I just got 2 days of gold...my gold ran out on the first so i've been using all my 2 days and my one 2 week to keep me running for the month....I picked a hell of a time to do this...

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm curious, do people not regularly check their emails?[/QUOTE]

Most smart people have more than one email address. And sometimes they dont check everyone daily so if they have an email just for their XBox account (as you should) they may not check it all the time so when people post this stuff it helps them out. If it doesnt help you out then why do you even click the link to enter the thread?

[quote name='Tendoboy']Got an email from Xbox with a code to redeem points..... Stated 160 pts towards the map pack, but added it to my account regardless.....Also had a 48hr live code.

The 21st-Century Cold War is heating up. After introducing technologically advanced tools, drones, and advanced robotics, Call of Duty: Black Ops II redeploys with Revolution, a new downloadable content pack boasting 4 brand-new multiplayer maps, a new Zombies Co-Op Map, a new Zombies game mode, and a first-ever bonus—the Peacekeeper hybrid SMG. Try it all with a 48-hour Xbox LIVE Gold trial plus 160 points toward Revolution.*[/QUOTE]

Well, unfortunately, my email message stopped at "...hybrid SMG." - no mention of live or pts

Let me check my wife's email...

Edit: and no...

I don't read all my marketing e-mails - I get a ton of e-mails from MS most of which are useless.

I got an email from Xbox with Black Ops in the title but I deleted it immediately as I do with all marketing from MS or any other big company and now it's been auto deleted from my trash folder. Oh well.

I am one of the very few people I know who checks their email every day. A lot of people just use Facebook for any kind of communication. I know people who make their living off of computers who only check their personal email every couple of weeks.

[quote name='thenutman69321']
I am one of the very few people I know who checks their email every day. A lot of people just use Facebook for any kind of communication. I know people who make their living off of computers who only check their personal email every couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

Crazy talk! My email goes to my phone... therefore I check my email approximately 15 times a day. Probably more. It's a dirty habit. :p

bread's done
Back