Gamestop.com: Wii/DS Stacked Promo B1G75%off (with CAG16+PUR, it's better than B1G1)

SEGAMew

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I was shopping on Gamestop.com for some games (surprise surprise, still hoping for Xenoblade restock), and saw the Wii/PS2 B1G50%. It unfortunately makes it so you can't mix and match the two systems (you need 2+ PS2 for the qualifying discount, or 2+ Wii, not 1x PS2 and 1x Wii). Then while shuffling games around to get the most out of my money and value of games, I noticed the following two promos got applied:

50DSWII - Buy any pre-owened Wii or DS game, get the second 50% off! Expires 02/02/13. Other restrictions may apply.
B1G50OFF - WII - Buy any pre-owned Wii game, get the second 50% off! Expires 2/17/2013. Other restictions may apply.

So say I grabbed two copies of Epic Mickey, $17.99 each. Subtotal is $35.98. After the two promos kicked it, the total is $25.78. So it's roughly 76% off the second game IF it's a Wii OR a DS game. No Wii U or 3DS here.

If you apply CAG16 and PUR (total additional discount of 26%), you grand total is $17 + tax and shipping (or no shipping if you have more stuff and qualify for SAVER) for two copies of Epic Mickey for the Wii.

I got Epic Mickey 2 (Wii), Godzilla Unleashed (Wii), Dark Cloud 2 (PS2), and Shadow Hearts (PS2) for $59.51 and tax.

Tips and tricks:

- The lowest valued games all get the discount even if you have Xenoblade Chronicles, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and 10 copies of That's so Raven in your cart.
- Make use of the SAVER code (free value shipping on orders $24.99+ pre-tax)
- Get the best value and make separate transactions containing similar priced games (so that you don't end up with 5 free copies of That's so Raven while paying full price on $45 games)
- Requires 2x Wii games to double dip, otherwise things caluclate as normal if you have 1 Wii and 1 DS game.
- HOWEVER if you have something like 2x Wii games and 1x DS game, BOTH the 2nd Wii and the 1 DS games get the 50% off. Sweet!
- And if you have 2x Wii games and 2x DS games in your cart, the highest priced Wii game is reg price but the other 3 are half off. Radical!
- CAG16 for 16% off
- Birthday code doesn't work, niether does the 15% off pre-own game from the previous PUR Deal of the Week
- Great for picking up expensive Nintendo titles that hardly go down in MSRP
- Online only
- If the games arrive to your home in unsatisfactory condition, swap at your local Gamestop.

Have fun guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't work in store, I bought a Wii and a DS game two nights ago.

[quote name='CaoPi']nice but it's a gamble for the complete/condition of disc especially for old ps2 games[/QUOTE]

Well if you're getting something priced $10 or higher (better $20+), you may get the original case. Wouldn't keep my hopes up on anything $5 or less definitely.

At a minimum, 1 Wii and 1 DS game 2 Wii games for the double dip. The lowest priced games get the discount. For every pair, one should at least be a Wii game (so no double dip on 2x DS games). It is a bit tricky to work if your games aren't in similar price ranges (so that would require a separate transaction so you can maximize your savings).

I can only get the double discount on 2 wii games it seems. I am trying with one wii and one ds game of varying prices and it isn't cooperating.

Yeah looking back at my previous order, if that $20 Phoenix Wright game was a $25 Wii game, my total bill would be $3 less.

*redos order*

still not a bad deal on ds games. especially pokemon games, and i got saver to stack too. platinum and white version 37.75 after tax. thanks op

[quote name='Derextreme']still not a bad deal on ds games. especially pokemon games, and i got saver to stack too. platinum and white version 37.75 after tax. thanks op[/QUOTE]

Not bad no but I was quite excited for it to work as described for DS games.

I have been wanting to nab Soul Silver for a while now but even with this it is only worth it if I really wanted another DS game around $30... which I don't : /

too bad this isn't in store. I never buy from GS.com. You get a poorly resurfaced POS with no case/manual 90% of the time. Usually doesn't even have the resurfacing goop washed off

As long as you do separate Orders that add up to at least 24$ you should be golden. (For Saver)Otherwise it will just give you all the cheapest games 50% off. (For example I added $642.57 worth of games to my cart, and after CAG16,B1G50 and PUR it was only $456.78 ) (i'm gonna do a separate tally to see what it ends up being with separate transactions. Not through buying but adding games to the cart, getting the total, writing each total down and then adding them all up)

And of course if you don't mind taking a chance that you will likely end up with a POS.

Ok, so I did the math and some adjustments.

682.56 Worth of games.

In 19 separate transactions ALL qualifying for SAVER

After Discount: 376.88(PUR+B1G50+CAG16+SAVER)

Difference in Percentage: ~45%

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Original Order
642.57 worth of games
Original bulk order was ~29% Off 456.78

Thanks OP. Put in 4 separate orders and landed a decent amount of stuff on my Wii and DS collection want lists.

Not going to hold my breath, but hopefully some of it actually shows up complete and in decent condition. Otherwise I'll just return it all at the GS down the road. Worth a shot in the dark at those discount rates.

Oh wow, this really rocks! Picked up Monster Hunter Tri and Okami :)

Now here is hoping the come with case and manual. Anyone know if a GS store will hook me up with the original case/manual if the online order doesn't come with one?

[quote name='SEGAMew']

- The lowest valued games all get the discount even if you have Xenoblade Chronicles, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and 10 copies of That's so Raven in your cart.

[/QUOTE]

I'm just excited I can finally get my 10 copies of That's so Raven for cheap.

Nice find OP! However (as expected), GS the fucken assholes has risen most of the prices... some of the games I brought a month ago that were at $15 are now $20! Just so you know you aren't exactly getting as great as you might think...

Can anyone list some of the wii titles that are worth it? It's been years since I've used my wii and I just ordered a wii u and got xenoblade chronicles and the last story in store, what used wii titles are worth getting!

[quote name='RPGamer246']Can anyone list some of the wii titles that are worth it? It's been years since I've used my wii and I just ordered a wii u and got xenoblade chronicles and the last story in store, what used wii titles are worth getting![/QUOTE]

Metroid Prime Trilogy or Prime 3
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Kirby's Dream Collection
Monster Hunter Tri
Okami
Pikmin 1 and 2
Mario Kart Wii
Smash Bros Brawl
Muramasa
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Mario Part 9
Punchout
Super Paper Mario
No More Heroes 1 and 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Tales of Symphonia
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Zelda Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess
DAT Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

Tempted to get Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver for $44 but still too much imo. Great deal but I'll wait to get these later on. Thanks OP for the help though!

I was going to get Mario Party 9 and Dragonball Tenkaichi 3, but the inability to use powerup rewards coupons online killed it for me. I have 50,000 points rotting away. Would have been nice if I could use them to get a $20 off coupon and use it with this deal.
At $25 a piece out of pocket for maybe/maybe not CIB and most likely scratched or poorly resurfaced, I will wait until I luck upon them cheaper.

[quote name='RPGamer246']Can anyone list some of the wii titles that are worth it? It's been years since I've used my wii and I just ordered a wii u and got xenoblade chronicles and the last story in store, what used wii titles are worth getting![/QUOTE]
Check out the link in my sig for a year by year break down of good Wii games to get.

I did also see what Asgardian noted, is that some of these used prices did go up since they started this sale, though I expected a little sleight of hand when it comes to GS.

I think a good candidate for this sale would be to buy two copies of Dokapon Kingdom, as this recently got a reprint and is readily available in stores for a swap out if the condition is bad enough. Keep one, sell the other one, should work out pretty well.

Does anyone have any experiences with buying used wii/ds games? Like will it come CIB? Thinking about picking up Super Mario Galaxy 2 or some pokemon on the ds.

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']Metroid Prime Trilogy or Prime 3
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Kirby's Dream Collection
Monster Hunter Tri
Okami
Pikmin 1 and 2
Mario Kart Wii
Smash Bros Brawl
Muramasa
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Mario Part 9
Punchout
Super Paper Mario
No More Heroes 1 and 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Tales of Symphonia
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Zelda Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess
DAT Mario Galaxy 1 and 2[/QUOTE]
Shiren The Wanderer
Dokapon Kingdom
little King's story
Madworld
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers
Fortune Street (Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & nintendo characters)
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition
House of The Dead 2&3 collection
Sakura Taisen(wars) V
Phantom Brave(if you didn't play it on PS2 or PSP)

Many more I can't think of right now

[quote name='tacoman132']Does anyone have any experiences with buying used wii/ds games? Like will it come CIB? Thinking about picking up Super Mario Galaxy 2 or some pokemon on the ds.[/QUOTE]
If it's anything like the gamecube fire sale, make sure you pop it in right away to see if it works. I had 10% (2 in 20 gc games) come in complete, which were not working.

I'd avoid ordering the Kirby Dream Collection/Mario Anniversary off this unless you just want the game. I'd imagine you wouldn't get the special boxes/extras.

Wow it's a shame every game I would want is not in stock....

All Sold Out:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Tales of Symphonia
Rune Factory: Frontier
The Little King's Story
Muramasa
Shiren the Wanderer
Arc Rise Fantasia

If i ordered lets say pokemon pearl and got a cartridge only shipment, would i be able to go into a gamestop store and exchange it for one that has the original box and manual?

[quote name='tacoman132']If i ordered lets say pokemon pearl and got a cartridge only shipment, would i be able to go into a gamestop store and exchange it for one that has the original box and manual?[/QUOTE]

I have done it before but the guys at my local GameStop were pretty cool guys.

By the way, for those planning on picking up Monster Hunter Tri, the servers are going to end around April. So get the most out of your online play.

I ordered preowned games from GS-online in the past and majority of the CD based games didn't work and also had no original box + no manual. DS games do not always come in the original box either. Plus they tend to raise the prices whenever a sale like this goes on. Bunch of a-holes if you ask me.

[quote name='Dead_Batteries']By the way, for those planning on picking up Monster Hunter Tri, the servers are going to end around April. So get the most out of your online play.[/QUOTE]

Please dont buy it if you plan on playing onlinee just wait for the wii u version/3ds.

[quote name='MrBonk']Shiren The Wanderer
Dokapon Kingdom
little King's story
Madworld
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers
Fortune Street (Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & nintendo characters)
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition
House of The Dead 2&3 collection
Sakura Taisen(wars) V
Phantom Brave(if you didn't play it on PS2 or PSP)

Many more I can't think of right now[/QUOTE]

Great lists!: I'll add these to the fray.

Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection or Gottlieb Collection
Cursed Mountain
Deadly Creatures
Resident Evil rail shooter games

bread's done
Back