Square Enix online store up to 70% select titles. 50% off Final Fantasy VII [Digital]

Already own it but good deal for ff7 on pc if anyone is feeling nostalgic. Agree with the others though, you should put digital in the title.

[quote name='lordvila']please add digital to the title.[/quote]

[quote name='morrodox']+1[/quote]

[quote name='musha666']agreed.[/quote]

+3

[quote name='Tonious']Man the games I ordered back from that Dec sale still haven't shipped. Only 2 freakin' games. Come on![/QUOTE]lol mine either. and then when i look up the status of my order now, it says it doesn't even exist..

[quote name='NiiNJA']lol mine either. and then when i look up the status of my order now, it says it doesn't even exist..[/QUOTE]

I just gave up and cancelled my order. Tired of waiting for them.

[quote name='LordVila']Please add digital to the title.[/QUOTE]

I'm a complete n00b to forums. I looked around to find how to do this. I couldn't find it. how do I do this?

Thanks

[quote name='MrBonk']If only I didn't despise the PC version of FFVII this would be a great deal.[/QUOTE]

If only it didn't have really shitty DRM.

They should have put it on Steam, not sure what the hell they were thinking there.

You need to read their support forums before buying FF7 and decide from there if you want it or not.

tumblr_ltsompPwk01qb6i8eo1_500.gif

[quote name='Motoki']If only it didn't have really shitty DRM.

They should have put it on Steam, not sure what the hell they were thinking there.[/QUOTE]

moneyman.jpg

[quote name='butternuts']does ff7 require a constant internet connection to play it or is it just a one time registration thing?[/QUOTE]

I remember reading that it did AND that on top of that it's got Securom with a limited number of activations.

[quote name='aus_nacht']
moneyman.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Except that Steam has millions and millions of users and they don't. Even if their profit per sale is higher they aren't going to get anywhere near the volume they would get by selling it on Steam.

If they think a slightly spruced up version of a 15 year old game that they slapped in overly restrictive DRM into is enough of a flagship to bring people to their store and their service on its own I think they are in for a rude awakening.

[quote name='tmonahan87']ya they ship using Digital River...no thanks[/QUOTE]
Nothing to ship.... it's digital!? I'd be more worried about the DRM than DR.

[quote name='Motoki']
Except that Steam has millions and millions of users and they don't. Even if their profit per sale is higher they aren't going to get anywhere near the volume they would get by selling it on Steam.

If they think a slightly spruced up version of a 15 year old game that they slapped in overly restrictive DRM into is enough of a flagship to bring people to their store and their service on its own I think they are in for a rude awakening.[/QUOTE]

It's that price per item that's the problem. The whole motivation for creating origin is that EA didn't want to pay steam service charges and they didn't want steam sales "devaluing" their games. Same likely holds true here. People that are short sighted and looking at the short term profits. Same things that are holding back digital movie rentals.

Edit: It's a 15 year old game that's still in relatively high demand (for 15 year old games). Don't underestimate the power of old men milking IP *cough* George Lucas *cough*

[quote name='Woocls']Nothing to ship.... it's digital!? I'd be more worried about the DRM than DR.[/QUOTE]

There have been issues with Digital River and digital game transactions like them not giving out the game keys when they were supposed to etc but yeah I think the bigger long term concern here would be the DRM.

Thankfully, most of the popular independent digital PC game stores don't use Digital River but most of the publisher based ones like Square, Ubisoft, THQ etc still use them unfortunately.

[quote name='aus_nacht']It's that price per item that's the problem. The whole motivation for creating origin is that EA didn't want to pay steam service charges and they didn't want steam sales "devaluing" their games. Same likely holds true here. People that are short sighted and looking at the short term profits. Same things that are holding back digital movie rentals.

Edit: It's a 15 year old game that's still in relatively high demand (for 15 year old games). Don't underestimate the power of old men milking IP *cough* George Lucas *cough*[/QUOTE]

Square Eidos still sells a shit ton of PC games through Steam and they apparently do so well there that they've pretty much made all their other titles in the last few years Steamworks. It cuts down on the cost of upkeep for cloud save and what not too.

Still not seeing their logic here and I'd love to see the numbers but if you're convinced their making a mint on this old FF game with crappy DRM on their obscure site and putting it on Steam would put them in the poor house, so be it.

I still find it funny that they felt the need to cover their 15 year old game in anti theft software. Like it hasn't been available in hacked form for years. (Including mods to improve and update the graphics) Once again a company treats it's customers like criminals and wonders why they're not making the sales numbers they should be.

[quote name='shivan128']is this still being fulfilled by digital river? They still owe me 3 games from the last sale.[/QUOTE]

Same, I got 1/5 games I ordered..... (none were backordered when I ordered them.) Don't even know how or where to check on that order...

[quote name='Motoki']Square Eidos still sells a shit ton of PC games through Steam and they apparently do so well there that they've pretty much made all their other titles in the last few years Steamworks. It cuts down on the cost of upkeep for cloud save and what not too.

Still not seeing their logic here and I'd love to see the numbers but if you're convinced their making a mint on this old FF game with crappy DRM on their obscure site and putting it on Steam would put them in the poor house, so be it.[/QUOTE]

All solid facts. In that case I'm not sure. I'm also not sure why they didn't just redirect some effort into graphical upgrades either.

edit: actually FF isn't steam works so it's probably just their little group that's making that decision but that's just a guess.

[quote name='Woocls']Nothing to ship.... it's digital!? I'd be more worried about the DRM than DR.[/QUOTE]

Talking about physical products. Everything was almost instantly back ordered during the sale before Xmas, both companies are pathetic when it comes to stock.

I'm in for FF7, even with the crappy drm. I still have my black label copy that I got on release day, but PS1 graphics look terrible at 50".

You only have 30 days to download the games so if something happens or you get a new PC after the 30 days is up, you're pretty much fucked unless Square Enix takes pity on you.

I came in and thought FFVII was the only digital title and it was another store-wide 70% sale. I was saddened. :(

bread's done
Back