MOH: Warfighter $20 @ Target

[quote name='BroBuzz']I'm assuming this is sealed, right? Thinking of trying to flip this Wal-mart.[/QUOTE]
It's sealed, but it has an exclusive weapon and says only available at Target on the front.

[quote name='DANIEL']how is the online community in xbox? can you still find players in it or did everyone dropped it for black ops 2?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure the only players who are playing it are the achievement people.

:)

I have it, maybe 2-3 full lobbies for multiplayer, its a ghost town...but if its the limited edition you do get access to the battlefield 4 beta

[quote name='BroBuzz']I'm assuming this is sealed, right? Thinking of trying to flip this Wal-mart.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

You're not talking about flipping, you're talking about return fraud. That's illegal and not approved of here.

Is this game "It sucks, don't even waste your time" bad, or "It's all right but you'll be glad you only spent $8" bad? Because I got the first one for $8 and I thought it was actually pretty decent.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Is this game "It sucks, don't even waste your time" bad, or "It's all right but you'll be glad you only spent $8" bad? Because I got the first one for $8 and I actually thought it was actually pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

I gave Warfighter a 7/10 in my review, and I felt like I was being a little generous. I would of likely given the first one an 8 at the time I first played it, but maybe an 8 and change today considering how many little details stuck with me from the game's single player story that I really enjoyed (but you don't realize that certain scenes are going to stick with you for so long when you first finish a game or whatever).

I love most of you but guys like this are scum.

[quote name='limelight022']Im one of the few who enjoyed the first one as far as single player campaign is concerned. Could care less about multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It wasn't GREAT, but the single player campaign was pretty good, except for the final level. I was playing on Hard, and there was one very difficult door breech scenario - by far the hardest such scenario in the game. Every other time in the story there was a door breech, there was a checkpoint right before it. Not this time. The last check point was two fire-fights earlier. So if you die at that door breech, you reload the checkpoint, and spend a good 10 minutes completing the two battles to get back to that door... only to die again 15 seconds later because there are more enemies behind THIS particular door than any of the previous doors, and there just isn't enough time to shoot them all. I eventually had to lower the difficulty to complete this one scene so I could finish the game.

But other than that one game-breaking situation, the campaign was pretty good.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Is this game "It sucks, don't even waste your time" bad, or "It's all right but you'll be glad you only spent $8" bad? Because I got the first one for $8 and I thought it was actually pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

The previous MoH was good, imo. There are moments from the campaign that I still remember. And the multiplayer could've been fun if it had more maps, a larger player base, and a bit more support.

Warfighter, on the other hand, is a p.o.s. Off the top of my head, I don't remember anything about the campaign. I think there was some shooting, and perhaps some driving. Multiplayer is ridiculous. Even your own character lags, I assume because whatever control/button you press has to go to the dedicated server then gets sent back to your console and then gets rendered on your screen (????). Not sure, but there's no reason there should be any lag when I tell my own guy to crouch or reload (and no, it's not my console or my connection).

For $8, it might be worth your time. But it's definitely a crappy game.

I was just going to buy it for the BF4 Beta code and trade it in to Gamestop or BB because the internet had convinced me Warfighter was a flaming turd. Lo and behold the game is actually quite enjoyable. Go figure. I even popped in the multiplayer disc last night and had a blast.

This is coming from someone who is completely burnt out on Call of Duty.

Yeah, someone needs to start a site that rates games based on what you pay for them.
At $60, I would've hated Warfighter also, but for $20, it wasn't bad.

Kind of like when everyone was killing Homefront a couple years back...I almost passed on it due to all the negative feedback, but I ended up getting it for about $5, and really enjoyed it.

...of course getting it cheap doesn't always make a game better. I think I paid $5 for Brink, and I still couldn't stand it for more than an hour.

[quote name='BroBuzz']Return fraud? Alright, my bad guys. Feel free to call my out on my stupidity.[/QUOTE]

Call me out* silly mongoose

How long does the campaign take to get through on normal? The game seems to be in stock at my local redbox and they sent me a free rental code so I may just go that route instead of heading to Target or even waiting for a further price drop.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I love most of you but guys like this are scum.[/QUOTE]
Am I missing something? People talk about doing thing kinda stuff all the time on this site yet you two are attacking this one guy. I'm not saying I approve, cause I don't, but what's up with this?

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']How long does the campaign take to get through on normal? The game seems to be in stock at my local redbox and they sent me a free rental code so I may just go that route instead of heading to Target or even waiting for a further price drop.[/QUOTE]

At the very least do that.

I got it from Redbox back when it came out and I'm glad I did since I was able to see what garbage this game is. I kept trying to force myself to play through it since it's supposed to be pretty short, but I just couldn't.

This game was bad enough to make EA pretty much kill the franchise for now.

[quote name='henry00x']does it come with the steelbook?[/QUOTE]

Amazon exclusive preorder bonus...good luck getting one now.

I really liked this game. The multi is great except for the maps...tons of cheesy bullshit corners you can camp/exploit. The Fireteam system is genius but almost requires a buddy to use to its full extent. A real shame that EA is killing this series off instead of just polishing it more.

[quote name='Firefox59']Am I missing something? People talk about doing thing kinda stuff all the time on this site yet you two are attacking this one guy. I'm not saying I approve, cause I don't, but what's up with this?[/QUOTE]
You have been here for years, you know that flipping is debated, while "flipping" to Wal mart a.k.a. Return fraud is not tolerated on CAG.

Also, $20 seems too much if I only play SP.

Everyone has their own opinions. Personally, I think the game is good. It's totally different from all the COD BS, which I like. It takes a while to understand how the game plays, and how to setup yous classes. But once you do, you're golden. It's also best to play with a friend AKA "fire buddy" because no one communicates.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Yeah, someone needs to start a site that rates games based on what you pay for them.
At $60, I would've hated Warfighter also, but for $20, it wasn't bad.

Kind of like when everyone was killing Homefront a couple years back...I almost passed on it due to all the negative feedback, but I ended up getting it for about $5, and really enjoyed it.

...of course getting it cheap doesn't always make a game better. I think I paid $5 for Brink, and I still couldn't stand it for more than an hour.[/QUOTE]

Hi, may not have noticed but I got site linked in my signature you might want to take a look at. :lol:

[quote name='Firefox59']Am I missing something? People talk about doing thing kinda stuff all the time on this site yet you two are attacking this one guy. I'm not saying I approve, cause I don't, but what's up with this?[/QUOTE]

Flipping is tolerated as part of the culture (buying a game at a low price and then trading it in to a store for more than what you paid for it when the store has a trade in program that tends to sell it for more than what they paid you). Buying a game at target for $20 and returning it without a receipt to Walmart is not flipping. It is committing return fraud, it is illegal and can not and should be tolerated on CAG.

[quote name='whoknows']At the very least do that.

I got it from Redbox back when it came out and I'm glad I did since I was able to see what garbage this game is. I kept trying to force myself to play through it since it's supposed to be pretty short, but I just couldn't.

This game was bad enough to make EA pretty much kill the franchise for now.[/QUOTE]

The first couple of levels, especially the first "real" level is painful but it got better. Game is 6 hours max, probably closer to 5.

Without question I had a blast on the multiplayer on the last Moh. It didn't last forever but I got more than a fair mount of enjoyment and any negative about bout the previous title is going to be hear say or in comparison to there favorite online shooter(bf3 or Cod). I have yet to give this game a go as I haven't beat Rage or Ghost Recon or Black ops 2 the bigger and blacker version or etc.....

bread's done
Back