Have all retailers pushed the 4GB Kinect bundles back to $299.99?

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Good afternoon,

I was trying to help out a friend of the family by locating a deal of the 4GB Kinect model (Doesn't matter which one).

For awhile, even before black friday the base price was $249.99 and I assumed this was a MSRP drop prior to the anticipated black friday sales of $199.99

It appears Microsoft decided to raise the price back up to $299.99 (I'm not sure why). I don't know if this would make a price drop look more epic or if they think they'll continue to sell well at $299.99

Anyways I was wondering if anyone knew of any major retailers that were selling the 4GB Kinect bundles at $249.99 still (or less).

I think I saw something about Fry's carrying the old 4GB Kinect model for just $199.99 but that is YMMV and in-store only (I live far away from Fry's).

Thanks for the help

That's not a bad price for just the console; comparable to the $199 + $50 GC for the standard 4GB at Best Buy. But I was looking for a bundle with the kinect.

[quote name='GBAstar']Good afternoon,

I was trying to help out a friend of the family by locating a deal of the 4GB Kinect model (Doesn't matter which one).

For awhile, even before black friday the base price was $249.99 and I assumed this was a MSRP drop prior to the anticipated black friday sales of $199.99

It appears Microsoft decided to raise the price back up to $299.99 (I'm not sure why). I don't know if this would make a price drop look more epic or if they think they'll continue to sell well at $299.99

Anyways I was wondering if anyone knew of any major retailers that were selling the 4GB Kinect bundles at $249.99 still (or less).

I think I saw something about Fry's carrying the old 4GB Kinect model for just $199.99 but that is YMMV and in-store only (I live far away from Fry's).

Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]
Microsoft has confirmed the $50 price cut to certain Xbox 360 bundles in the U.S. is a temporary price promotion for the holidays only. The 250GB Xbox 360 model, as well as the 4GB model bundled with Kinect has been reduced to $249 from $299. The 250GB Kinect bundle has been cut to $349 from $399.
The temporary price cut will help boost sales during the holiday period. Amazon, GameStop and Wal Mart, are among some of the major US retailers which are participating in this promotion.
The promotion is also affecting certain games as well as the Halo 4 250GB Xbox 360 bundle, which has been reduced to $349, down from $399. Pack-in games which have been reduced include Kinect Sports, Dance Central 2, DisneyLand Adventures, Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13.
Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250...ut-is-a-temporary-promotion-for-the-holidays/
The drop was a temporary holiday promotion. If you must buy it at MSRP do it at Best Buy, their price match policy of 30 or 60 days might come in handy down the road.

^ Okay thanks htz. That makes a lot of sense (re: temporary price cut).

I'm surprised they didn't make it permanent though. And yeah I'll most likely have them buy it at best buy on my RZ account (silver member) because they'll have 60 days to PM

bread's done
Back