Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (Wii U) $29.99 at Amazon and Gamestop

Is this game any good? I am a big fan of Team Ninja games and love the characters from DOA and NG so that would be one of the main reasons I would pick up the game just to play as those crossover characters.

With all that being said how does the gameplay feel? Is this game worth $30?

Wait is this a price drop or just a sale?

I'm assuming this game is like Dynasty Warriors?
I enjoy this games but I just want to know if this game is great or not.

[quote name='diazt350']Wait is this a price drop or just a sale?

I'm assuming this game is like Dynasty Warriors?
I enjoy this games but I just want to know if this game is great or not.[/QUOTE]

It is one of the best type of Dynasty Warrior-type gameplay. I also loved all the crossovers. Wacky time-travel story though.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']It is one of the best type of Dynasty Warrior-type gameplay. I also loved all the crossovers. Wacky time-travel story though.[/QUOTE]

I'll take you word for it then. The whole ninja gaiden crossover looks cool, but is there a chance this might hit $20?

OMG!

I literally screamed like a little girl when I was on the phone as I read this!

I've been hunting for this game since it's release and wanted to get it sooo bad at Target's B2G1 but it wasn't in stock. Something told me to hold out!

Bought!

Thank you OP!!!!

^_^

[quote name='diazt350']I'll take you word for it then. The whole ninja gaiden crossover looks cool, but is there a chance this might hit $20?[/QUOTE]

It's is basically a crossover with every game they own. I don't know, with the WiiU, maybe.

Might get this just because it has a little more content then the other versions of this game and I love the Warriors series, plus it would be nice to get a game I can play online with my friends for Wii U untik Monster Hunter is out, thanks for posting this OP!

[quote name='MoCiWe']Might get this just because it has a little more content then the other versions of this game and I love the Warriors series, plus it would be nice to get a game I can play online with my friends for Wii U untik Monster Hunter is out, thanks for posting this OP![/QUOTE]

Just be wary, while you can "Play online" with your friends, the stipulations for doing so are terrible.

If you want to play through the entire game with someone, then both of you with have had of completed the WHOLE game first.

The bottom line is, you cannot co-op a level with someone else unless both persons have completed that level first.

One of the stupidest online systems I've ever heard of.

They did add a Duel mode or whatever you can probably do right away, but that's not the meat of the game.

Amazing game, pure crack addictiveness and they give you so many characters you can keep playing for a long long time. Very much worth it.

I'm curious though, can you do custom soundtracks with the Wii U like you can with the 360? Since the levels are so long at times, having my own music playing was a godsend. Not that the games soundtrack is bad or anything.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']What's the word on the slowdown in this compared to the 360 version? Also, is the DLC available online yet in the eshop?[/QUOTE]

From what I've been told the Wii version trails behind the 360 version in terms of performance. There are fewer characters on screen.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Just be wary, while you can "Play online" with your friends, the stipulations for doing so are terrible.

If you want to play through the entire game with someone, then both of you with have had of completed the WHOLE game first.

The bottom line is, you cannot co-op a level with someone else unless both persons have completed that level first.

One of the stupidest online systems I've ever heard of.

They did add a Duel mode or whatever you can probably do right away, but that's not the meat of the game.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I heard about this a while ago as well, it sucks but I'm kind of used to the Warriors games having a non-ideal online system, and at least this one has a lot of characters so when you replay it you can use other people in tour party, still think that it's dumb that they did this though.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Unfortunately I heard about this a while ago as well, it sucks but I'm kind of used to the Warriors games having a non-ideal online system, and at least this one has a lot of characters so when you replay it you can use other people in tour party, still think that it's dumb that they did this though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my brother loved the game, but we never beat it because of this terrible system.

It's true though, it's like Koei is five years behind on their online. Makes no sense.

Anyone know how long it's going to stay at this price?
I saw that Wii U Black Ops for $30 at best buy thread and it's tempting so I can play with a friend but it's ends tomorrow. If this price stays longer I could probably pick it up next weekend.

[quote name='shivan128']will get a $20 off code with my PUR to make this $10 OOP. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Good call. I think I can at least get $5 off. Totally worth it for $25.

There's a actually a store 11 miles from me that has a used one, and I can get a $10 coupon for that from PUR. Hope they still have it in stock when they open...$14 would be sweet!

[quote name='shivan128']do all Wii U games come with manuals .. or are they going digital these days?[/QUOTE]

No they don't come with manuals...at least not all of them.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']No they don't come with manuals...at least not all of them.[/QUOTE]
Damn cost cutting... does this game have a manual?

The game is fun if you like the series. I also have the ps3 version and the wii u versions frame rate is much lower. It only really slows down when there are lots of enimies around you. Multiplayer the slowdown is much more apparent though even when split between screen and gamepad. It hs 4 more characters and duel mode, but honestly duel mode is forgetable. Its hard to reccomend at $60 unless your a die hard koei fan, but its a value at $30

[quote name='shivan128']Damn cost cutting... does this game have a manual?[/QUOTE]

This one does. I just picked it up used at Gamestop for $15 after $10 PUR coupon.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']This one does. I just picked it up used at Gamestop for $15 after $10 PUR coupon.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, thanks for the info!

bread's done
Back