Clearing Out My Zelda Collection!!! Come In!!!

Green Rupee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (92%)
Hey everyone. I'm trying to 'lighten the ship' these days in lieu of new-found priorities, so I'm letting go of my Zelda collection. No regrets! Zelda's my favorite series with the first through to the The Wind Waker being an inseparable part of me, but I've had my fill of appreciation for collecting and it's time to let this stuff go to someone better. Who will enjoy it as much as I did!

Sorry, no trading right now. Verified Paypal U.S. buyers.
Underlined = Brand New (Unless otherwise mentioned, everything is mint)
Italicized = Mint condition
:hot: = Hot
! = Helps me keep track of interested items.

:hot: Oracle of Ages FIRST EDITION GOLD FOIL - Opened, but mint, complete, and brand new inside.
:hot: Oracles of Seasons FIRST EDITION GOLD FOIL- Opened, but mint, complete, and brand new inside.
Because I was too vague and to quench all the questions. First Edition means it has GOLD FOIL logos on the front cover, top flap, and left side of the box, with a matte-like cover, and a flat bottom (not folded in, like normal GB game boxes), and had a vertical seal on the plastic like many first print games. ADDITIONALLY, the inside of the boxes is different. Rather than a cardboard insert, the First Edition comes with a little built-in pocket holding the game. Much classier. These were the NA promotion counterparts to the EU bundle packs you often see. However because so much stuff was happening in '01 and the difference seemed negligible to non-collectors unless you had a first print and normal copy, these kinda went under the radar.
http://i.imgur.com/qci9dv5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KfeUciF.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MzXkTan.jpg
:hot::hot::hot: The Zelda Box! Probably the most prized piece after the Oracles. I don't think I've seen a better looking one. I happened to be browsing eBay out of sheer boredom one day several years ago, when an avid collector also parting ways with his stuff put it up right after the Christmas rush! Of course I bought it. The tape seal to the figures and CD is broken because I opened it without thinking and the book is no longer connected to the box (originally they are with a weak adhesive along the spine, but I've never seen one in that condition except one).
!
Zelda Twilight Princess Sword & Shield Replica Box - Bought it new, but the clunky plastic casing wouldn't let me display, so I removed it. Items are untouched.
:hot:Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages Official Players guide - Bought it from a good seller on eBay. Never even been cracked open it feels like. Best condition I've seen.!
:hot:Both Oracle of Seasons and Ages Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Books
Rare but terrible ALttP Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Comic from ONM
Ocarina of Time Encyclopedia (Awesome thick JP guidebook. I've done the internet the favor of tearing out and scanning the most valuable piece. This beta map of OoT http://www.mediafire.com/view/?myfiles#r000kje2i618d9l) Otherwise mint.
:hot:Link's Awakening OFFICIAL NINTENDO Player's Guide - absolutely untouched except for one time I skimmed the "Hyrulean Odyssey" section. It comes in a wrinkled bag that it came with along with a print-out insert that articulates the differences between the versions (it only had this if you ordered directly from Nintendo after the release of LA:DX). It has a few light creases here and there on the outside because the cover on them is thin and delicate. It's been especially cared for. For a digital version see http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=guides
A Link to the Past JP duo guides with flap covers - See above link to view digitally!
Link's Awakening JP guide
:drool: The Legend of Zelda 20th Anniversary Encyclopedia from Official Nintendo Magazine - A little handbook that's just that nutty Zelda.com encyclopedia (if you've never read it, READ it. You will not believe some of the wacky stuff it says) in paper form . Unremarkable except to collectors who might want it on their coffee table.
Rare NES Zelda 3D Dot Sound Figure - In Japan they had a Nintendo 6-set version of these toys to promote the Classic NES GBA releases, where you'd buy a box and cross your fingers hoping for a good one because they were random. The Zelda ones definitely seemed to be the rarest.
:cool: Miscellanea (either cheap, well-used, or quantifiable stuff!)
Ocarina of Time 1:64 Scale Hot Wheels toy NEW -- Free if you want it
Nintendo Power NES Link Halloween Masks x2 (one has a loose strap) -- ?
A Link to the Past comic by Shotaro Ishinomori (a little beaten up but fully intact) -- $ 9
Twilight Princess guide sealed w/ soundtrack CD
[Nintendo] -- $ 12 !
Phantom Hourglass Collector's Edition guide x2 [Nintendo] x1 -- Free, but will require separate shipping due to size
NES Zelda Dish and Table Mats x2 -- Free, but will require separate shipping due to size
Oracle of Seasons Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book -- $ 1
Shadow Prince Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book -- $ 3
3 Zelda Valiant Comic Books, 1 damaged -- $ 9.00 (first 3 in really good condition)
Mario and Zelda Sticker Activity Album x2(1 complete and mint, 1 Brand New). + Box with leftover stickers. - Offer
Random assortment of over 100 cards and a complete or nearly complete collection of Zelda Nintendo Sticker/Scratch-and-win Game Packs. Box of 34 unopened packs. -- $5 for the random lot, $5 for the Zelda lot, .25 cents a pack

Right now I only have my 3DS and scanner as an impromptu camera; EDIT!: My blackberry's working now so if you want to see pics of anything in particular, just say so! Don't be afraid to offer if you really want something. I may just give it to you OR suggest an alternative as I've actually done with buyers (edit; I may not be able to do this now). PM or email me at [email protected]

God bless

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the "FIRST EDITION GOLD FOIL" versions of the Oracle games? The only thing that comes to mind are the PAL Limited Editions.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']What are the "FIRST EDITION GOLD FOIL" versions of the Oracle games? The only thing that comes to mind are the PAL Limited Editions.[/QUOTE]

In America, when the Oracle games came out a select number of stores got rare first edition shipments for preorders or lucky buyers!

They're kinda like the Skyward Sword gold bundle box (surprising since they came out 10 years apart), but I think prettier. The foil looks gold, rather than holo like that one, imposed around the title on both the front cover and one side of the box. That's it. I think the serial no. or the little # stamp on the game sticker MIGHT be different, but I haven't taken it out to compare.

[quote name='The Punisher']Can u post pictures?
Im not as hardcore as u in zelda. First zelda i play was on the snes....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll try to post pictures tomorrow if I can. But my living room computer is really slow and as I said my scanners all I have (or the blurry 3DS cam). Is there anything specific you'd like to see?

[quote name='Green Rupee']In America, when the Oracle games came out a select number of stores got rare first edition shipments for preorders or lucky buyers!

They're kinda like the Skyward Sword gold bundle box (surprising since they came out 10 years apart), but I think prettier. The foil looks gold, rather than holo like that one, imposed around the title on both the front cover and one side of the box. That's it. I think the serial no. or the little # stamp on the game sticker MIGHT be different, but I haven't taken it out to compare.[/QUOTE]

Okay I Googled some more and... I couldn't find anything. The only "limited" or "edition" I could find was the European Limited Edition bundle.

This thing really needs pictures as the main item in your collection.

Can you post pictures of all the Zelda related stuff that you have? I'm definitely interested in some of your stuff.

Ive been a zelda player since the NES Zelda 1 days and some of the stuff you listed I've never heard of... am interested in those as well. As others said, Pics would be most welcomed!

Are you trading? If so Check my list for

What are the conditions of:
Zelda Collector's Edition
The Minish Cap(has a single light scratch beneath the plastic)
Link's Awakening (Player's Choice)

[quote name='Kovorkian']Are you trading? If so Check my list for

What are the conditions of:
Zelda Collector's Edition
The Minish Cap(has a single light scratch beneath the plastic)
Link's Awakening (Player's Choice)[/QUOTE]

No, sorry. I really wish I could trade but I can't at the moment.

Every one of them is in mint condition, without so much as a notable scratch on the plastic. I was an extremely meticulous collector so I'll say Collector's Edition has a few air wrinkles on the seal possibly from temperature changes when I moved one year. But other than that, it and the others are about as good as you can find. :D

[quote name='Vanacloud']Ive been a zelda player since the NES Zelda 1 days and some of the stuff you listed I've never heard of... am interested in those as well. As others said, Pics would be most welcomed![/QUOTE]

Aside from the Oracle LE Foils and that "Zelda Box" everything seems to be legitimate items.

OP really needs to post pictures. You also mention you bought something from a seller on ebay - post your ebay account.

Where would you be shipping from? Based on your style of writing and choice of words/phrases, it does seem you have some proficiency with English but I doubt you are a native English speaker - definitely not American.

If you are not US based, I really doubt most CAGs would bother.

Checking prior posts from a few years ago, it seems CAGs just didn't want to bother after a while

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Aside from the Oracle LE Foils and that "Zelda Box" everything seems to be legitimate items.
OP really needs to post pictures. You also mention you bought something from a seller on ebay - post your ebay account.
Where would you be shipping from? Based on your style of writing and choice of words/phrases, it does seem you have some proficiency with English but I doubt you are a native English speaker - definitely not American.
If you are not US based, I really doubt most CAGs would bother.
Checking prior posts from a few years ago, it seems CAGs just didn't want to bother after a while[/QUOTE]

They're all legit items. Holy moly, you guys are overly skeptical. You realize wikipedia really ISN'T a reliable source of information on everything right? Especially Zelda... Pretty sure you won't find a detailed analysis of all the differences between OoT/OoT3D or TP on Wii and GCN on Wikipedia. But here's the Zelda Box. http://zeldawiki.org/Zelda_Box

And I'm as American as anyone else. Born and raised in Florida, live in Kansas. Why WOULDN'T I be?

Also, there's a seller on eBay selling a REFURBISHED copy of Oracle of Seasons First Edition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zelda-Oracl...4954?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item53f44cbb4a

Mine is just like this, only the game is brand new. Notice how the cover on the zoomed pics isn't the same plain beige as the instruction manual, that's because it's gold. It's also on the logo on the side of the box too, but the guy didn't take a pic. Lastly, the bottom of the box is nice and flat, not folded like a normal Gameboy game box. I forgot to mention that difference. However I may be replacing Ages with a slightly more affordable option, since it's new and I could invest in keeping it.

Seasons is still for sale. Pics coming up tomorrow. : ]

My eBay account: http://myworld.ebay.com/elementsoflegend Dig around and look. The seller I bought the Zelda Box from even leaves me a comment about it. And as you can see from my few sales I'm in the habit of letting things go for less than they cost when I've had my enjoyment of owning them. I am an avid believer in spiritual law and grace, and hold the only things you own in life are that which you give away to others... be it material or immaterial. I hope the buyer gets the better end of all my transactions. I hope this settles any uncertainty you have. : ]

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Okay I Googled some more and... I couldn't find anything. The only "limited" or "edition" I could find was the European Limited Edition bundle.

This thing really needs pictures as the main item in your collection.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for the foil version for Seasons/Ages, though I'm not sure 1st edition is the proper term. I bought both roughly a decade ago and about 3-4 years ago, I noticed that my Seasons was a foil box but Ages was not.

After quite a bit of research and a lot of people saying they're the European versions or bootlegs, neither of which were true. It turns out it was because Nintendo wanted to use foil boxes for visual appeal, but then quickly went back to the regular matte boxes because they would soon begin mass producing GBA games (the Oracle games came out just months before the GBA) which would be the plain matte finish like most GB games prior to the GBC. Basically, it was a cost cutting measure. Quite a few GBC game boxes had some type of foil or special finish on the logo or sides but for some reason, the Oracle games were the only ones will full front foil finish.

Needless to say, it took me quite a while track down the foil/matte counter parts of each.

hey're all legit items. Holy moly, you guys are overly skeptical. You realize wikipedia really ISN'T a reliable source of information on everything right?
Whenever someone claims to be selling rare stuff, it is certain people will doubt it especially with no proof.

I did not use Wikipedia. I Googled a lot, making sure to exclude certain terms. Your descriptions of "First Edition" and "Gold Foil" were very misleading as there is no actual official titling on the box. I actually was looking for the front of the box to be some holographic.

Again there IS an LE that was a European exclusive. It included both Oracle games.

And I'm as American as anyone else. Born and raised in Florida, live in Kansas. Why WOULDN'T I be?[/quote
I didn't intend to offend you. It's just that certain phrases and idioms you used are not American ones.

I just spent around an hour looking through my GB/GBA boxes.

My Oracle of Ages and Seasons are the "foil" or "matte" like box versions with the flat bottom. I bought both at launch. I didn't realize there was some first print variation as I never really saw any others.
I also searched a bit more but could only find a few small discussions on the topic.

That Zelda Box is a Japanese exclusive which I guess is why many fans never heard of it unless they are the type to import.

My first Zelda was either OoT or Link's Awakening DX. I didn't realy get into the series until after MM/Oracles.

My scanner stopped working, but I added pics from my 3DS to some stuff.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']
I Googled a lot, making sure to exclude certain terms. Your descriptions of "First Edition" and "Gold Foil" were very misleading as there is no actual official titling on the box. I actually was looking for the front of the box to be some holographic. Again there IS an LE that was a European exclusive. It included both Oracle games.

I just spent around an hour looking through my GB/GBA boxes.

My Oracle of Ages and Seasons are the "foil" or "matte" like box versions with the flat bottom. I bought both at launch. I didn't realize there was some first print variation as I never really saw any others.
I also searched a bit more but could only find a few small discussions on the topic.
[/QUOTE]

They are First Edition/First Print, and it's what they've always been called. Europe and Japan got bundles. We got gold ones.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of-Z...y-Color-NEW-SEALED-GOLD-VGA-85-/150982566035?

Also, it seems we BOTH forgot to mention the top flap also has gold foil as I just noticed again while holding it. Sorry, didn't meant to make you waste an hour, friend. : ]

Bump.

I've had inquiries on the bobblehead Link, but can't remember if anyone was serious on it yet, so I'm making it available again. I also added a new picture, and adding a NES Zelda 3D Dot Sound Figure to the lot that would go great with anyone interested in it.

I'm trying to wrap up all deals and ship everything on the 6th, so if you're interested in something tell me.

CML for The Shadow Prince Book, The Crystal Trap Book and maybe the 3D Dot Figure

I would love to trade, but I don't have the luxury to right now. Just selling off things. PM me an offer though and I'll definitely hear you out since you've asked twice now.

[quote name='Green Rupee']I would love to trade, but I don't have the luxury to right now. Just selling off things. PM me an offer though and I'll definitely hear you out since you've asked twice now.[/QUOTE]

How about $10 for the two zelda books: The crystal trap and The shadow prince

BUMP

My items came today in really great condition pretty much as described. Left him feedback so some of you guys can trust him more.

i didnt know about the Oot Hot Wheels car. can i send $1.00 with the money for the books for it? i didnt get to shipping it this morning. but i definitely will tomorrow.

Ah....wish I could get in on this, but I suspect buying up everything would be outside my price range. Especially since I have all the games, (though not in anywhere near as good a condition as yours).

Free bump though.

Thanks for the bumps!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']bump
just wondering if you have other Zelda stuff in your collection that you actually are keeping[/QUOTE]

For now, the only Zelda things I've keeping say, "in the family" is this custom Zelda-themed AGS-101 GBA SP (http://i.imgur.com/krOPljo.jpg) which I'm giving to the son of a good friend of mines, a Link costume with foam Hylian Shield and Master Sword for 4~6 year olds in case I have kids someday, a collection of Zelda-related candies, and maybe a Twilight Princess wall stickie I like, and other random small miscellanea here and there.

Everything else is up for grabs or being given away. : ]

[quote name='wmoran27']how about $20 for the Zelda Twilight Princess Sword & Shield Replica Boxand the Ocarina of Time 1:64 Scale Hot Wheels toy?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, couldn't do it. Others have been interested in the Sword & Shield box. I don't think I've ever seen one go for that low, even with the box damaged.

[quote name='Green Rupee']Sorry, couldn't do it. Others have been interested in the Sword & Shield box. I don't think I've ever seen one go for that low, even with the box damaged.[/QUOTE]

sorry, i didn't realize it was this one.
i thought it was this.

[quote name='wmoran27']sorry, i didn't realize it was this one.
i thought it was this.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I remember target having 2 or 3 of these for ~20 each. I knew I should of picked them all up years ago.

free bump

bread's done
Back