Defiance (MMO) Discussion Thread - Xbox 360

koalak

CAGiversary!
hellbug2-full.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J30hfNT_uf4

Join the futuristic online open-world shooter where thousands of players scour a transformed Earth competing for alien technology. Hunt alone or with others as you improve your skills and level up, unlocking powerful weapons that will help you survive the massive battles that await.

Shoot the way you want, with a multitude of weapons, armor, and special abilities that evolve with experience. Custom character creation means you can play as human or alien, modifying your appearance to become a unique citizen of the Defiance world.

Fight for survival in a constantly evolving environment with regular content updates and dynamic events. Play solo, or join tens of thousands of simultaneous live players in a futuristic San Francisco Bay Area that’s a fully-realized open world. You’ve never imagined a 3rd-person shooter this huge.

Experience dynamic missions, massive co-op battles, and endless exploration across a gigantic game environment. Plus, brought to you by Syfy, the Defiance TV series is a revolutionary weekly drama that impacts the game, and gives you the chance to change the show.

LINKS:
http://defiance.com/ - Official Website

http://www.youtube.com/user/DefianceUniverse DefianceUniverse Channel on Youtube

http://www.syfy.com/ Syfy Website (for game series tie-in)

ARKFALL CODES
Redeem Arkfall codes at http://defiance.com/en/my-ego/ for special in game items, titles , weapons and more

A list of all codes (so far) can be found here:
Defiance: Arkfall Codes

Data Recorders
Data recorders are collectibles that reveal more of the story and lore behind the game. For their locations, see:
Defiance: All Data Recorder Locations

Game has NO MONTHLY FEE (you just pay 1 time for the game)

Who else is gonna play this? looks pretty sweet and its gonna be interesting with the SyFy tv series tie-in

Last edited by a moderator:
This is either going to be fantastic or beyond terrible, but no monthly fee means I'm in to watch the circus until the inevitable television cancellation. I can't wait to see the sort of attention whores this game attracts.

It's coming to the PC and PS3 as well. I think at one time they said all platforms would be able to play each other in the game.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']This is either going to be fantastic or beyond terrible, but no monthly fee means I'm in to watch the circus until the inevitable television cancellation.[/QUOTE]
This looks very interesting but I would really like to see more video and get a sense of what the game is like. Is there gameplay outside of the combat missions?

I have to admit both of those vids got me a little hyped for this game. It doesn't look like a complete train wreck after all.

actually its at 72. anyways quick question, how will these arkfall codes be linked with our xbox accounts or are these specific to PC only?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So... These guys have got to be hoping that Destiny gets delayed into 2014.[/QUOTE]

ya i agree with u on that and if they dont im sure the $ drop on defiance would come down sooner than later. however knowing bungie im sure they will delay the release of Destiny well into 2014

Hey fellas. I am really thinking about getting this game. I don't know anyone else personally who is interested however. Is there a cag group for this game? If not, does anyone care to join one? Looking for mature players to hunt with. This seems like a game that could be great if you have a group of people who will cooperate. Lots of loot finding, leveling, etc.

Dates the final stage of third beta have been released and consoles are finally included:

PlayStation 3 North America: March 19th 8:00am PDT – March 25th 9:00pm PDT
PlayStation 3 Europe: March 20th 8:00am PDT – March 26th 9:00pm PDT
PC Global: March 22nd 9:00am PDT – March 24th 9:00pm PDT
Xbox 360 Global: March 25th 8:00am PDT – March 26th 9:00pm PDT

LOL @ only two days before launch week during Bioshock Infinite's launch to boot. Between that and getting back to chewing through my backlog, I honestly couldn't care less if I receive a beta invite now. I am however glad to know ahead of time to expect the servers to go apeshit the evening of this game's release when more than a couple hundred players log on at once.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']beta rocks played at friends. Do you always have to be online to play this?[/QUOTE]

Considering this is an MMO, the answer to that question should be obvious.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well I decided to go ahead and preorder this, so I'll be playing it. Unless I play the beta and hate it, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Same here, though I preordered it on Steam to get into this weekend's beta, if I hate it I can cancel it.

Well I somehow managed to get in on the beta for the second time. Only issue is both invites were PC only so hopefully I'll receive a 360 code when they start sending e-mails later tonight.

Trion also managed to extend the Xbox portion of the beta starting from tomorrow to the original cutoff (22nd - 27th). Fantastic news is fantastic. Definitely gives those of us who get in more than enough time to put in some work.

Nice. I signed up for the xbox beta. Today I received an invite to the beta but for PC. I am assuming I will receive the invite for the xbox beta at some point since that is the beta I actually signed up for.

i got the code for PC invite too but signed up for the xbox. hoping i get the beta for the xbox, unless someone has a xbox beta invite that wants to trade.

Got my xbox beta invite email just a few minutes ago from trion games. Looking forward to trying it out. Still on the fence about pre-order/day 1 pickup so this should sway me one way or another.

I'd start checking your e-mail now as beta codes are being sent. Just received mine a few moments ago. The beta is a little over 5 gigs which is the least of my concerns at this point. After Infinite I have absolutely nothing else of interest to look forward to this year besides Remember Me so I pray I can get into this something fierce. Servers should be online 8 am PDT (11 am EST I believe).

Yeah pretty bad lag for me. Character menu lag, hold x to activate this or that lag, "special power" (forgot what they call it) lag, etc. I played around 11 central this morning for about 30 mins. Will probably try again tonight. I want to like it. Writing so far seems rather generic and voice acting seems ehh. Graphics look pretty nice. Seems complex enough.

Amen. Severe constant lag will be the death of this game as it can utterly cripple you from doing anything even remotely important (reviving yourself or others, activating or completing objectives, opening menus, leaving vehicles, etc.) Oddly enough it rarely prohibits shooting and never seems to affect your ability to throw grenades at all. Dashboarding then booting back up fixes the problem but no one wants to go through that shit on a regular basis. I honestly can't judge the story based on the beta content, but the voice acting sadly is hit or miss.

I plan to play as much as possible because they seriously need the data. If launch week is relatively lag free then I could see myself dedicating a lot of time to this easily.

I'm definitely picking this up, but right now I'm on the PS3 Beta because of PS Plus. If I don't get a 360 Beta invite I'll see you guys once the game comes out.

Since the patch during downtime the beta has been running buttery smooth. Hardly any lag what so ever. I suggest everyone take advantage of it now while they still can before word spreads, haha.

Yay! No lag at all when I played tonight. Played through both co-op missions with my nephew. I'm really enjoying it so far. Ammo is a little scarce/enemies have a lot of life - but really it's not bad at all - keeps it fun. Random item chests ms point microtransaction offerings a la ME3. But also looks like you can get them with some in-game currency as well. The EGO special powers seem cool - lots to choose from.

Is it down right now? Just tried to log in for the first time and I got a bunch of errors on the title screen, followed by "The Defiance service is unavailable."

Wasn't able to log in last night at all. Pretty negative first impression of the game, I have to say. :p I'll try again before the beta period is over but at this point I'm strongly considering moving the taking the AMZ credit I used to preorder this and putting it on Fuse instead.

Can't decide I 60 dollars like or not. I'd have to see a video of a more polished product before buying. Might hold off for 40 or a part of a b2 g1 sale. I could see myself playing it but I'll probably grow tired of it since I doubt any of my friends will.

bread's done
Back