- - - - -

Defiance (MMO) Discussion Thread - Xbox 360

#91 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7651 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm also enjoying this quite a lot, I had some issues server side (warping allies, enemies health regenerating) but nothing as bad as I was thinking there would be for an MMO launch, I've definitely played in far worse.

#92 Ultimate Matt X   TheUMX CAGiversary!   2911 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Just got this today, but I'm going on vacation so hopefully I can hook up with some of you guys next week. Maybe we can get a clan going or something.

#93 VendettaXBL   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7503 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

VendettaXBL

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Anyone else pre-order at gamestop? I tried to put in my code on the Defiance website and it said already redeemed or expired. :/

Shouldn't be a problem for me to get another code from my manager but I was curious if maybe this was universal or just isolated incident for me.

Also I am loving the game. I played with my buddies for like 2 hours before they shut down the servers for maintenance. No lag then but later man it was laggy as hell! I got on a little bit more last evening and the lag was gone.

#94 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Glad to hear they fixed the lag. I stopped playing yesterday because it was so bad.

#95 VendettaXBL   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7503 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

VendettaXBL

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Glad to hear they fixed the lag. I stopped playing yesterday because it was so bad.

Yeah I was starting to get mad at how bad the lag got yesterday after the server maintenance. I couldn't switch weapons, my friends would get kicked when they opened up the map, and things would take forever to die. So I played Gears instead.

Anyone else see that it takes like 5000 in currency to start a clan?

#96 Calinks   Chief Executive of St. Paul CAGing CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

We had lag before the maintenance at midnight and then after it was much smoother. There were def some little glitches here and there we ran into. I am thinking it will take several days for them to smooth things out.

I haven't been into an online game in a long time so I am happy I bought this one, feels very refreshing to me.

#97 Freemason   I'd Hit That... CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

picked it up and installing now.

#98 bossman   Like a Boss CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Picked it up and am really enjoying it. The only time I had a problem with lag was last night at an arkfall. Haven't had any connection problems yet. Smoothest MMO launch I've experienced yet.

Also like the idea of a CAG clan.

#99 Freemason   I'd Hit That... CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Install and everything went great, just can't get in at all... which is OK as it is bed time to get to work in 5 hours but tomorrow... you better be up or daddy gun be mad. CAG Clan FTW.

#100 Santurio   The Ladies' BodyGuard CAGiversary!   3724 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

I'd be down to join a clan or at least join in some fights with a group.

#101 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

Count me in for a CAG clan

#102 Soodmeg  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

I like this game a lot.....confused as hell at how to play it but I am about 4 hours in.

#103 Mikeatris   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Mikeatris

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

I know this is a MMO but does it play like Borderlands outside its a 3rd person shooter? A lot of people say if u like BL then u would enjoy this. I played the hell out of BL and it is one of my fav games so im on the fence about Defiance. If it is similar to BL then I will prob pick it up.

#104 Freemason   I'd Hit That... CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

It is like BL in the fact that you have an open world, you can build your character how you like, has lots of guns and gear, missions to do this and that... but it is much different as well. I am about 4 hours in or so and so far I like it, i am not blown away yet, but still have a lot to learn about it. If you got friends on, i think it would be a blast even more.

#105 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

So I was sent a preorder code from triton today. I have a question about the 3 hr double xp(or however long it is), is there anywhere to track this?

#106 Freemason   I'd Hit That... CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

i guess there is a ticker, in the character menu there is a thing that tracks any buffs of bonuses you have. Make sure to go here and get the codes, then go here and enter em. Once all 120 (yes 120) of them are in, go in game to the store and claim them. you get some nice perks, good guns, and extra inventory slots.

#107 Santurio   The Ladies' BodyGuard CAGiversary!   3724 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

Anybody playing tonight?

#108 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Does the game seem well populated? Are you randomly running into other players while questing?

#109 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

Does the game seem well populated? Are you randomly running into other players while questing?

Very populated and yes, I run into others doing the same quests all the time.

#110 panda911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   996 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

panda911

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

This game isn't half bad. Color me pleasantly surprised. And can anyone enlighten me on how to quit out of the game? I couldn't find it after 5 minutes of searching all the menus and I just dashboarded out.

#111 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

This game isn't half bad. Color me pleasantly surprised. And can anyone enlighten me on how to quit out of the game? I couldn't find it after 5 minutes of searching all the menus and I just dashboarded out.

Playing on PS3, but it should be the same.

Hit the menu and then hold the LT. It'll bring up a radial menu of more menus. Log off is in the settings but I believe there's also a button you can press in that radial menu that logs you off as well.

#112 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7651 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Indignate is correct, on 360 you hold the Left Trigger while in a menu then just hit X to log out, I don't know if dashboarding out in this game has a chance of messing with anything or not but I tend to log out just in case.

I usually always see a fair amount of people, and if you look on their forums there are the most posters on the 360 board. I know that's not anything official to go by but it shows there's at least a fair amount of people playing on the system.

#113 Poor2More   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4008 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Loving the game so far, went above and beyond my expectations.

#114 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

i guess there is a ticker, in the character menu there is a thing that tracks any buffs of bonuses you have. Make sure to go here and get the codes, then go here and enter em. Once all 120 (yes 120) of them are in, go in game to the store and claim them. you get some nice perks, good guns, and extra inventory slots.

Well I finally got them all put in. Glad I did because there are definitely some nice perks. Thanks!

#115 Freemason   I'd Hit That... CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Well I finally got them all put in. Glad I did because there are definitely some nice perks. Thanks!

no problem. I am mixed on the game at the moment. I like it, but it is very middle of the road on tons of MMO aspects. I am specced as a Combat medic with Decoy to basically be able to get to fallen teamates, survive in combat, and rez the team. Problem being, in about 15+ hours so far, have never used the skills once other than my healing gun (which rock btw). I am a long time native to MMO's since 1996 on and off. This game lacks depth. Lots of it.

however! i do enjoy it, like being able to flip on the xbox and roam around, and think it will flesh out more at higher level stuff. I have found that an easy way to max rewards on Arkfalls is to use the quest truck you get from red haired monkey chick and just drive it in circles plowing everything, i got my driving skill up to 8 in one arkfall and was #2 overall at the end, over double the next guys kills at 224 and just under 10k less damage... and never left the vehicle.

A lot of stuff is hard to navigate, chat is non existent for the most part, items and mods are not working right yet, and there is and probably will be no trading community as it will be a pay to win on items in lockbox purchases. I am excited to try group encounters as i think individuals will shine more in skill set ups but as of right now it is just a dodge and spam bullets affair on everything. Kinda like an Alpha Protocol feel of potential but just isn't there yet.

I will keep pluggin away at it and am sure will get more than my $60 out of it, but i will check back when more stuff is ironed out and implemented and share more opinion then.

#116 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15330 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

If you have a Family Video near you then this game is rentable. It's not stocked by Redbox yet.

#117 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Blockbuster also has it for rent

#118 tcrash247   ghosts.nin.com CAGiversary!   3670 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

I'm playing this on PC and I'm enjoying the shit out of it. I really like the random arkfall crystal thing events, it makes traveling around the world more exciting. Yesterday I was doing a side quest rescuing people when all of a sudden a crystal crashed down next to me and Hellbugs started coming out of nowhere. Before I knew it, 5 other ark hunters drove in on their ATVs and helped me complete it.

Glad to hear it's working good on Xbox, I haven't had any problems on PC.

#119 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15330 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Blockbuster also has it for rent

Almost all of the Blockbuster stores in STL are closed. There's more Family Video stores now than Blockbuster.

#120 Freemason   I'd Hit That... CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

I'm playing this on PC and I'm enjoying the shit out of it. I really like the random arkfall crystal thing events, it makes traveling around the world more exciting. Yesterday I was doing a side quest rescuing people when all of a sudden a crystal crashed down next to me and Hellbugs started coming out of nowhere. Before I knew it, 5 other ark hunters drove in on their ATVs and helped me complete it.

Glad to hear it's working good on Xbox, I haven't had any problems on PC.

How many have you done? there are only 6 and after doing them all about 4 times... get ollllllldddddd fast lol. I still do them for the XP and stuff.. but i think i am having more fun ramping stuff in the 4 Wheeler.. feels like I am playing PURE lol.