PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
It's saying $60 online still. But you mentioned USED not "Recharged and Refurbished," so they're different. Try searching systems on Gamestop's site and it's a friggin' maze to find a cheap one.

Apparently the "USED" designation is gone from the site or something replace by "R & R." I don't know what's up with that, but it still means finding $50 PSP Gos is a YMMV situation now.
I'd like to know the instore prices of the PSP 3000 btw.

Yeah, its strange to me why they don't have the listing on the site just for the store locator thing. Best bet if you want one is to just check out a store, then have them do an inventory search in the area if they don't have one.

PSP 2k's go for about 50-60$ at gamestop too if i'm not mistaken.

The Go to me though is highly desirable. Because it has the best screen.

The PSPGo is probably my favorite system right now.

Add component video cables, a charging cradle, and a PS3 controller and you have a PSP/PS1 (and more if you use some tricks) that you can use as a console and on the go.

[quote name='MrBonk']PSP 2k's go for about 50-60$ at gamestop too if i'm not mistaken.

The Go to me though is highly desirable. Because it has the best screen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bg2001']The PSPGo is probably my favorite system right now.

Add component video cables, a charging cradle, and a PS3 controller and you have a PSP/PS1 (and more if you use some tricks) that you can use as a console and on the go.[/QUOTE]

I was very wary at first with the Go, mainly from reading online how just about everybody thought it was a bad idea, but I ended up buying one last time it dropped at GameStop, and I am so glad I did. Sure, you're capped at 32 gigs of storage, but I don't mind at all. I have pretty much all of the PSP games I want on it and I never have to switch UMDs or carry a few with me.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I was very wary at first with the Go, mainly from reading online how just about everybody thought it was a bad idea, but I ended up buying one last time it dropped at GameStop, and I am so glad I did. Sure, you're capped at 32 gigs of storage, but I don't mind at all. I have pretty much all of the PSP games I want on it and I never have to switch UMDs or carry a few with me.[/QUOTE]

The problem with the Go that when it was released initially most people who played psp games still had physical umds so the Go was useless to them. Its not until the psp vita came out and vita owners started buying up digital psp games for their vitas that now people want a go.

Woot! Called like 10 stores around me and only one had them. About to go tomorrow to nab one. Hopefully one of you guys don't beat me to it first. ;) Thanks for the heads up OP! After having $32 gift cards, I'll get one for less than $20!

Yeah i just purchased one in pristine condition for $50 the other day, needed one to play some SNES on teh go and was surprised to find one for the price..For whatever reason they not advertising any used PSP on the site so best bet to call in first

[quote name='likeme']Bandai needs to release digital tales games[/QUOTE]

I just checked in the PSN store about 5 min ago and they offered only one: Tales of the Skies or something like that?

I can confirm this; bought my second PSP Go from a GS yesterday for $50. Also got a nice Sony branded accessories kit for $5.

Got my first used one for $70 two months ago, and it came with about 8 games on it (some great ones like KZ:L and Motorstorm:AE). Great little handheld that can run all kinds of stuff. And the screen does look nicer than the big PSPs.

can one put homebrew on it no matter the fw? I want to buy it for old school gaming when I'm bored at night call this month at the hospital floor.

[quote name='bg2001']The PSPGo is probably my favorite system right now.

Add component video cables, a charging cradle, and a PS3 controller and you have a PSP/PS1 (and more if you use some tricks) that you can use as a console and on the go.[/QUOTE]

can only use them on hdtvs

[quote name='Carlanga']can one put homebrew on it no matter the fw? I want to buy it for old school gaming when I'm bored at night call this month at the hospital floor.[/QUOTE]

Yup, sure can.

The Go is a terrible system as a legitimate, proper PSP system because so much stuff just isn't available digitally and double dipping sucks. On that end, it's terrible.

But it's fantastic for homebrew and the shadier side of things (legitimate or not) and is absolutely one of my favorite handhelds. The Go is ridiculously portable.

[quote name='slidecage']can only use them on hdtvs[/QUOTE]

Nope. Sony made a composite cable for the go and some SD tvs have component inputs.

I loved the PSPGo for all of the week I owned one. I'd definitely consider picking one up at this price even though I already have two PSPs and a Vita.

[quote name='Tsel']I loved the PSPGo for all of the week I owned one. I'd definitely consider picking one up at this price even though I already have two PSPs and a Vita.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much exactly what my previous experience was with the Go, picked it up and thought it was cool then returned since still a bit too much, but as you've said at this price it's become a no brainer for me. ^__^

[quote name='perfectmf1386']Yup, sure can.[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks! I will go tomorrow to GS and see if they still have one laying around.

TS, does your receipt have some king of item number or something? Does it say USED or Refurbished? I would assume they are the same, but you never know w/ GS.

I just placed an in-store pickup for one! I'll have to see what condition it is in. Definitely excited about the TV output option as well as the "shady" aspect.

Walked into my local store and picked up the only one they had. Great condition with no scratches too which is a rarity from what Ive seen. Thanks for the heads up OP +1 to you sir!

[quote name='Carlanga']Great, thanks! I will go tomorrow to GS and see if they still have one laying around.

TS, does your receipt have some king of item number or something? Does it say USED or Refurbished? I would assume they are the same, but you never know w/ GS.[/QUOTE]

Not the same. Used means traded, tested and resold. Refurbished means sent to them from corporate after being fixed in some fashion. Thus refurbished is usually higher in price.

Is there a firmware required to..."fully utilize"*wink* your PSP Go?

[quote name='Carlanga']Great, thanks! I will go tomorrow to GS and see if they still have one laying around. [/QUOTE]

No problem, you're welcome!

Id post a link to some info but I don't believe that's allowed considering the stance on homebrew. But you can just find a guide on youtube with step by step instructions. I did.

I just bought a "Like-new" one at eBay for like $80! ): and although it was "Like-new," and I asked the seller if it did not have any scratch on the screen before buying and he replied "no," I noticed two little scratches on the screen when it arrived :/ I don't mind about them but they are visible when the PSP Go is turned on u.u - I hate when people choose a better condition on their items so they will sell quickly:/ but for $50 I could try and find another one with hopefully no scratches! :)

Anyway, Does anyone know if I go to the store and they have several PSP Go's for sale, they will let me choose the one I want or they would give me a random one?

[quote name='Ashlee']
Anyway, Does anyone know if I go to the store and they have several PSP Go's for sale, they will let me choose the one I want or they would give me a random one?[/QUOTE]

Although it's very unlikely at this point, but if there are multiple ones you can just ask to see all of them because you want to pick the best one and they will be more than happy to oblige.

funny thing is the Go is MORE capable as a portable Neo Geo console than the legitimate portable neo geo thing that came out recently for triple the price..

[quote name='jer7583']funny thing is the Go is MORE capable as a portable Neo Geo console than the legitimate portable neo geo thing that came out recently for triple the price..[/QUOTE]

Truth.

Also great as a CPS-1 and CPS-2 emulator. Marvel vs Capcom, X-men vs Street Fighter, Alien vs Predator, The Punisher on the go (pun intended)? Yes please!

[quote name='dramasetter929']Yeah i just purchased one in pristine condition for $50 the other day, needed one to play some SNES on teh go and was surprised to find one for the price..For whatever reason they not advertising any used PSP on the site so best bet to call in first[/QUOTE]

As far as I know the PSP is not capable of running SNES games (back ups) properly o: but correct me if I am wrong though :p

[quote name='Ashlee']As far as I know the PSP is not capable of running SNES games (back ups) properly o: but correct me if I am wrong though :p[/QUOTE]

Depends on which firmware we're talking about.

[quote name='Squarehard']Depends on which firmware we're talking about.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this. I'm not really looking to make it sketchy right now, but What Firmware is most desirable for that kinda stuff?

I love mine, got it from Gamestop ages ago for $70.

I advise that you cold call all your stores, that's how I finally got mine. Max out the memory with an M2 Card. Those little things fill up with games super fast!
I've got no room for music or movies. I think 16Gb (internal) + 16GB (extra M2) is all you can cram into them. That's what I'm running.

toys R us has KILLER prices on component cables & the docking station. less than $5 each.

Edit: the PSP GO also has insanely great power management.
When you flip down the screen it goes into DEEP sleep. I've left games paused for a month w/o recharge. the battery is still FULL when waking it back up. No joke!

What games is everyone enjoying the most?

Put a link to a cheap cradle from TRU too in the OP. Getting harder to find those now. I believe to power it though, you need the AC adapter from a 3000 PSP, but don't quote me on that.

[quote name='fore1337']I love mine, got it from Gamestop ages ago for $70.

I advise that you cold call all your stores, that's how I finally got mine. Max out the memory with an M2 Card. Those little things fill up with games super fast!
I've got no room for music or movies. I think 16Gb (internal) + 16GB (extra M2) is all you can cram into them. That's what I'm running.

toys R us has KILLER prices on component cables & the docking station. less than $5 each.[/QUOTE]

Really? on avg, how much space does a PSP game take up?

[quote name='Snuggelz']Really? on avg, how much space does a PSP game take up?[/QUOTE]

Can be anywhere from 100mb to a gb.

[quote name='fore1337']I love mine, got it from Gamestop ages ago for $70.

What games is everyone enjoying the most?[/QUOTE]

I just beat Ultima IV for the NES - about 25 years after playing it for the first time. That was a blast.

Probably Earthbound next. Maybe DWIV.

[quote name='Gosha']Put a link to a cheap cradle from TRU too in the OP. Getting harder to find those now. I believe to power it though, you need the AC adapter from a 3000 PSP, but don't quote me on that.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to quote you because yes you do need that.

If you are going to do the video out thing you really owe it to yourself to get a PS3 controller to use with it even if you don't own a PS3. Needs to be Sony DS3 though.

[quote name='Snuggelz']Really? on avg, how much space does a PSP game take up?[/QUOTE]

It seems like they average about a gig, maybe a little less. Some games are pretty small but then some are pretty big.

FFIV Complete is 800 meg.
Crisis core is 1.6 gig
Metal Gear Acid is less than 200 meg.

I think we should stop discussing this stuff as it is not an allowed discussion on CAG, so let's just call it quits while we're ahead. Deal talk only now preeze. :3

[quote name='Squarehard']I think we should stop discussing this stuff as it is not an allowed discussion on CAG, so let's just call it quits while we're ahead. Deal talk only now preeze. :3[/QUOTE]
Talking about game size is pertinent, at least for me, if I get it I want to know how much extra memory to buy and so on, so I consider it part of the deal talk... Unless there were other posts that got deleted or something.

AAA Titles range from 1Gb to 1.5Gb. Playstation Store has the size of every game listed.

[quote name='Squarehard']I think we should stop discussing this stuff as it is not an allowed discussion on CAG, so let's just call it quits while we're ahead. Deal talk only now preeze. :3[/QUOTE]
Who the fuck is talking about Charlie Foxtrot Whiskey. Suck it.

bread's done
Back