Best Buy stops price matching Amazon.com & Gamestop

HCHecxz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
From what was informed to me today after a lengthy dispute at my local Best Buy.

I was in to pick up a copy of Hitman: Absolution on 360 for $29.99 Price Matching it at GameStop VS their $59.99 price tag.

When I went up to the counter to present my proof (printed page from Gamestop.com), I was informed that Best Buy does not price match GameStop anymore.

I was shocked and questioned it more telling them that I've price match from them for years at this location. They said they don't price match GameStop anymore, and they went as far as told me they don't price match Amazon.com as of yesterday.

I know GameStop & Amazon are a couple of Best Buy's biggest competitors, considering Best Buy is big in the electronics/gaming department. Could be a sign of the times? Anyone else run into this or have any news on these changes?

Unless Gamestop was recently excluded, Best Buy matches any local competitor with an identical in stock item within 25 miles of the store, that usually includes gamestop. Try grabbing gamestop's physical ad instead of making them look it up online maybe?

And I responded to your post in the other thread in the main forum, but I'll repost here.

Best Buy recently updated the Price Match promotion that was going on through the holidays, here's the new effective dates:

"Valid for purchases made between January 31, 2013 - March 2, 2013."

You can always point to that section of the website.

Although I recently attempted to price match Hitman to Newegg's $27.99 the other day (which is still there, so I'd suggest PMing that one), before the end of the previous promotion and the manager told me it was still up to the manager's discretion, and "counter-offered" me a $39.99 price. I laughed and said no way, then went home and called up the 888 number (this BB is close to my job so I just stopped in real quick), had them price match Newegg and even set it up for in-store pick up at that same store, heheh.

Unless it was offered online only you should have directed them to their own FAQ section on price matching on their website as it's still there, and clearly states what it will and won't match, and as long as that GS.com price is the same in store, and that store has it in stock and can be verified, it doesn't fall under the internet only retailer portion that they explicitly exclude in their price match policies currently.

Here is the link to that FAQ section,
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

I would go back and tell them that if the price in a Gamestop store is at that price, and in fact in stock, then they should have no problem matching it according to their policy. Now as far as bringing up Amazon.com, they've pretty much stopped price matching them after the holidays were over, and took down that policy towards the beginning of Jan because I remember see them change it out on the FAQ page, so they may have just decided to keep doing it until the end of the month for some of the stores, but the policy does specifically note no more internet only retailers such as Amazon, so you won't be able to make a valid point with that one.

PM is still basically YMMV for most stores as some managers may do it for you because they need to get their numbers up for the day, or they believe you are a valued customer, but unless it's something very clear and obvious like bringing in a Target ad, or a Walmart ad (and even then it's questionable) it will usually be met with skepticism from the employees there.

Didn't realize they put dates on their policies, but if this was really only a holiday thing then they're only going to lose out again. Too bad because I was starting to enjoy moving my business over to BB.

This is not true, you just got an employee that doesn't like to do his job. I would call corporate and see what they have to say about it. Point them to the policy on the website to make sure you are on the same page.

She went over to Customer Service to talk to the head over there and her Manager, both stating the same thing. They even took GameStop and Amazon off their "Price Override" selection on their register screens.

So I am at a lost for words, but I think I might contact their customer service and talk to them directly over how I was handle and see if they can do anything about it.

yeah sounds like that store has a stick up its ass about being competitive on prices. See how their district management feels about shoving that stick a little further.

You should have gone to another BB....I was able to PM The Matrix Collection BR on Amazon. However they are getting picky and if they see Sold by blah blah fulfilled by Amazon your f'ed.

[quote name='ITDEFX']You should have gone to another BB....I was able to PM The Matrix Collection BR on Amazon. However they are getting picky and if they see Sold by blah blah fulfilled by Amazon your f'ed.[/QUOTE]

That's not so much being "picky" as it is "doing their job correctly".

Wait, can anyone please confirm this?

Has BB stopped price matching online competitors? I was planning on buying a HDTV after the superbowl when tv's are expected to price drop and was counting on this :whistle2:/

I went to Best Buy yesterday and price matched Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 & 2 using Amazon.com prices which were really Targets prices. Amazon.com was still an option on the POS to price match at my Best Buy. My Best Buy had a big sign back in August of 2012 that they price match items sold and shipped from amazon.com not 3rd parties.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This is not true, you just got an employee that doesn't like to do his job.[/QUOTE]

Hold up, people like their jobs?

[quote name='Wazzup4567']Shit. If this is true, I can't get a Galaxy Note for 200$ Tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

The cellphone or the tablet? And who's offering?

[quote name='burritoman']Hold up, people like their jobs?[/QUOTE]

I never said they like their job, I said they like to do their job. As in the go to work and do the job they are supposed to do. I doubt garbage men like their job, but they still do it because that is what they are paid for.

Also, the Best Buy I go to now, I have yet to encounter a single employee that was not amazingly helpful and when asked goes well above and beyond their normal job description to help.

A job can be good and enjoyable if your superiors and fellow employees all support one another instead of tossing each other under the bus because they want to be lazy.

Good luck with calling BB customer service.

The other week when they were doing the 50.00 off 100.00 mastercard promo, I went to two stores that couldnt get it figured out and since the promo was for several days, they said come back tomorrow.

When I did, there was a "correction" notice posted saying it was only good for one day.

I hit up the same person that told me to come back the next day and was pretty much told I was shit outta luck.

Hit up their customer service and was told theres nothing that can be, or will be, done about my situation.

Hmm..while trying to PM an otterbox case and an invisishield for the iphone 5 the other day, I was told by the cell phone rep that they don't PM the prices when it's BELOW what they pay! Wait what? Go fuck yourself!

That's the first time I have heard this shit.

Pretty sure the PM from internet retailers such as newegg, amazon was during holiday times this was during Nov to January. I see that this is no longer the case since those months are over.

I did this myself during those holiday months mentioned. Their clueless, underpaid college employees had no idea about the policy of course, so I had the printout with me showing that they did indeed take PM from internet retailers.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?

No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion under this Guarantee that allows for Price Matching Internet retailers, we do not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).

What is considered a local retail competitor?

A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

How do I show "proof" of price?

The best way to show proof of price is to bring in the competitor's current ad. We may call the competitor's retail store to verify the lower price and availability of the item.
Does Best Buy match the prices of a Warehouse club?

Wow seriously guys? Did no one even read my post at all?

I guess if you don't link, and THEN quote the official BB policy then no one can see it.

Here's what you need to know (from official BB policy):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...cmcat204400050011&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

"Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?

No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes

For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com.

Valid for purchases made between January 31, 2013 - March 2, 2013. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply."

and that's that. I seriously don't know what else to say.

bread's done
Back