Best Buy ET digibook, Die Hard 25th Anniv blu $19.99 each ($14.99 after dvd trade)

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
Best Buy exclusive ET blu-ray digibook $19.99 ($14.99 after dvd trade in)
SKU: 6499319
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...Id=2562947&itemId=1917245&pageMode=searchmode

The ET digibooks aisle tag read "$19.99 E.T. Best Buy Exclusive Collector's Edition." In the small print it said that the sale lasts from 1/27-2/2. It rang up $29.99 at the register but I showed her the tag and she honored the sale. She took the aisle tag and appeared to type in that sku to get the sale price. So maybe there are two different skus for the ET digibook and one rings up automatically and one doesn't? Not sure.

Die Hard 25th Anniversary blu-ray $19.99 ($14.99 after dvd trade in)
SKU: 7744283
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Die+Hard+25th+Anniversary+%285+Disc%29+-+Widescreen+Anniversary+-+Blu-ray+Disc/7744283.p?id=2650640&skuId=7744283&st=die%20hard&lp=13&cp=1

FYI none of my local stores have the Die Hard collection, and that seems to be the case with more than a few zip codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrm. I almost bought this set in Best Buy the other day, but it was $29.99 and I decided that was still too much. They only had one copy left, though, so I wouldn't count on them still having it. It had movie cash on it for A Good Day to Die Hard... I wonder if copies ordered from the Best Buy website would have it. (I saw the set in Target tonight, and the ones they had didn't have the movie cash stickers on them.) It's worth it to me with the movie cash included, but I'm not sure if it is without it. I'm tempted to order it, and then just return it to the store if it doesn't have the movie cash...

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yippee-ki-yay, double-dippers![/QUOTE]

Meh, only a double dip if you already bought the earlier set -- in which case it wouldn't make sense to buy this, because it's the same transfers (a lot of people were hoping they'd remaster the first three films, but no luck apparently). I'm only considering this set because I never got around to buying the earlier one. (I mean, I guess it's still kind of a double-dip for me because I do have the ancient DVD set of the first three films, but this would be my first time owning them on br).

So I asked someone at BB about this Die Hard Collection. he looked it up and it says it's been deleted from their product ...catalog? anyway, they aren't selling it anymore.

EDIT: at least not right now*

[quote name='arcane93']Hrm. I almost bought this set in Best Buy the other day, but it was $29.99 and I decided that was still too much. They only had one copy left, though, so I wouldn't count on them still having it. It had movie cash on it for A Good Day to Die Hard... I wonder if copies ordered from the Best Buy website would have it. (I saw the set in Target tonight, and the ones they had didn't have the movie cash stickers on them.) It's worth it to me with the movie cash included, but I'm not sure if it is without it. I'm tempted to order it, and then just return it to the store if it doesn't have the movie cash...

Meh, only a double dip if you already bought the earlier set -- in which case it wouldn't make sense to buy this, because it's the same transfers (a lot of people were hoping they'd remaster the first three films, but no luck apparently). I'm only considering this set because I never got around to buying the earlier one. (I mean, I guess it's still kind of a double-dip for me because I do have the ancient DVD set of the first three films, but this would be my first time owning them on br).[/QUOTE]

I think more important is to get director's cut version of Die Hard 4 on blu ray. I had no idea what they were thinking with a PG13 Die Hard

bread's done
Back