World of Warcraft-Mists of Pandaria CE $40.00 at Toys R Us

[quote name='Fatbot3']http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13341648&prodFindSrc=search

Figured it would be better served with it's own thread than in the Old CE thread since it's a limited time sale. If someone want's to close this post and move it there be my guest.

I might try and PM at Best Buy as I've seen a few of these around there still and don't know if a clearance price will be much better in the future.[/QUOTE]

I remember when CE versions of WoW expansions would sell out instantly and be resold for hundreds of dollars.

Here I sit, looking at a WoW expansion I can easily order online. I guess the reason for that is the same reason I'm meh about it now. I'm not playing WoW anymore. I wonder how many of those old hordes are now like me.

MMO's should be free. They get paid when they offer me something worth buying in game. ;)

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I remember when CE versions of WoW expansions would sell out instantly and be resold for hundreds of dollars.

Here I sit, looking at a WoW expansion I can easily order online. I guess the reason for that is the same reason I'm meh about it now. I'm not playing WoW anymore. I wonder how many of those old hordes are now like me.

MMO's should be free. They get paid when they offer me something worth buying in game. ;)[/QUOTE]

You're meh about playing it because they produced a good amount of CE's instead of making it possible for scalpers to hose people? That seems like a silly reason to not play an MMO.........

Went into a Hastings here and saw a ton of these and was shocked. Until I noticed right next to them was a ton of Cataclysm CE!

Good price. Got my MoP CE from amazon for $40.

Burbank, CA Fry's has a ton of these. They were 29.99 for a good week or two. They should drop in price again soon

[quote name='Super Sonic']The only CE worth anything is the vanilla. All the xpacks are practically worthless.[/QUOTE]

Unless, you know, you want them for the content within instead of scalping people on eBay.

Anyway, like all Blizzard CE's, the quality in this is top notch. And it comes with a mount as well as a pet, which none of the other CE's have done.

They also have Cataclysm for 4.99 if you can find it. Thinking about going to Best Buy to PM that one at least. $5 is a good price.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Unless, you know, you want them for the content within instead of scalping people on eBay.

Anyway, like all Blizzard CE's, the quality in this is top notch. And it comes with a mount as well as a pet, which none of the other CE's have done.[/QUOTE]

The mount is nice if you really like the model, I guess. Although I believe the CE's have gradually been watered down since inception. The original had neat things like a cloth map of Azeroth, neatly wrapped up in a gold ring that gave it a real artsy feel. (later CE's give you yet another "mouse pad" instead.) The original also gives you 3 pets to every other xpacks one. Later xpacks also seem keen to include wow playing cards (not regular playing cards with WoW characters on them that anyone could use or appreciate, but cards only useful in the official card game.) Worthless unless you invest in a deck and can find other people to play.

I guess there is some value in them still, they merely feel awfully diluted in contrast to the original is all. It's too bad.

[quote name='MellowSeth']They also have Cataclysm for 4.99 if you can find it. Thinking about going to Best Buy to PM that one at least. $5 is a good price.[/QUOTE]

My Sears had tons of Cataclysm at the clearance bin for $3.49. I even got it free since they just recently sent out free SYW reward points.

[quote name='Super Sonic']The mount is nice if you really like the model, I guess. Although I believe the CE's have gradually been watered down since inception. The original had neat things like a cloth map of Azeroth, neatly wrapped up in a gold ring that gave it a real artsy feel. (later CE's give you yet another "mouse pad" instead.) The original also gives you 3 pets to every other xpacks one. Later xpacks also seem keen to include wow playing cards (not regular playing cards with WoW characters on them that anyone could use or appreciate, but cards only useful in the official card game.) Worthless unless you invest in a deck and can find other people to play.

I guess there is some value in them still, they merely feel awfully diluted in contrast to the original is all. It's too bad.[/QUOTE]

All of them come with a great behind the scenes disc, full-size hardcover art book and soundtrack. Yeah, I agree that the vanilla CE is the best, but the others still had serious value. (Vanilla and BC CE's also were the only versions with a DVD version of the game. Very handy IMO.)

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Unless, you know, you want them for the content within instead of scalping people on eBay.

Anyway, like all Blizzard CE's, the quality in this is top notch. And it comes with a mount as well as a pet, which none of the other CE's have done.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Others could learn from Blizzard. The Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2 CEs are also fantastic quality.

bread's done
Back