Kickstarter: Platform Game Creator & Commander Keen "spiritual successor"

aaronmills

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
A new Kickstarter campaign launched today that platform game fans and especially old school fans of the 1990's id Software series "Commander Keen" might like to know about:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/368238381/worlds-of-wander-plus-secret-spaceship-club-game

It's kind of like "Little Big Planet: Commander Keen Edition" and can be played across multiple platforms (iOS, PC, Mac, and Ubuntu Linux).

"Commander Keen’s creator, industry veteran Tom Hall, is announcing his return to fun, funny sci-fi platforming, and he wants to bring you ALL with him! Not just to play but to CREATE A GAME EASILY yourself! WORLDS OF WANDER is a PLATFORM GAME CREATION TOOL that lets you build and share levels, worlds, and whole game experiences with other players. But making a game can be daunting, so it starts with a COMPLETE GAME for you to mess with -- the spiritual successor to Commander Keen -- SECRET SPACESHIP CLUB!"

UPDATE (2/6): They have added a $15 tier for those who aren't interested in the editor an donly want a copy of the "Secret Spaceship Club" game. They have also made more $25 early backer spots available for those who would like the game and the editor. I like the decision to do this and hope it gives funding for this a nice little jump start.

Full disclosure: Tom Hall is my uncle and I grew up on the Commander Keen games, so I'm really hoping to see this game get funded. Tom has always wanted to remake Keen, but id owns the rights. Instead of waiting his whole life for them to go up for sale, he's finally decided to make a game similar to Keen while allowing people to make their own games as well.

Funding ends on March 1st at 9:00 PM EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grew up playing all the Commander Keen games and really have incredibly fond memories of them but I dont know if I can shell out $30 for this. If there was a $15 tier that just got me the game and editor and nothing else I'd be in.

I really do hope this gets funded though, and if I can get my tax returns done quick enough and I do well on them then I think I will splurge for this.

Ask and ye shall receive, MrshllJcb!

They just added a $15 tier for the game only (no editor), and added more $25 early backer spots if you want both. I'll update the OP.

haha, but too soon. I havent done my taxes yet!!!! but if there are still $15 or $25 dollar spots left tomorrow when I get paid I'll be contributing

bread's done
Back