* * * * * 3 votes

The Half Price Books Thread

#901 Bing Chameleon  

Bing Chameleon

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:33 PM

the coupon week starts again Nov 4 - Nov 10 FYI

Percentage off coupons start today. The title of the email is "Your coupons have arrived".

Nov. 4-5 - 20%

Nov. 6-7 - 30%

Nov. 8-9 - 40%

Nov. 10 - 50%

Thanks for the heads up, they didn't send mine but I suspect it's due to me not updating my preferences. I just did so we'll see.

#902 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11426 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:49 AM

One of my stores had a Pandora's Box 6 Arcade stick for $100 pre coupon. Was gonna buy the thing to gut for my Arcade 1-up but apparently some jerk has had it on hold for 2+ days and still hasn't gotten it.

Other than that I got an Art of Rick and Morty and an Art of Mass Effect book so I can't complain

#903 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:26 PM

Just received my percentage off coupons today. The title of the email is "Your coupons have arrived".

Mar. 9-10 - 20%

Mar. 11-12 - 30%

Mar. 13-14 - 40%

Mar. 15 - 50%

#904 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:47 PM

How do I get the coupons? Do they work on games?

#905 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:54 PM

How do I get the coupons? Do they work on games?

Sign up to get their emails and you will receive their coupons. Yes, the coupons work on everything in the store.

https://halfpricebooks.com/join/

#906 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:13 AM

For those who've seen "Nioh" at your local HPB...is it still listed at $19.99, like it is at mine?

#907 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:19 AM

Sign up to get their emails and you will receive their coupons. Yes, the coupons work on everything in the store.

https://halfpricebooks.com/join/

Thanks I signed up and got 10% off

I find some decent deals at my hpb it’s mostly pricecharting prices, but for harder to find games that’s enough for me.

#908 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 07 March 2020 - 02:24 AM

Thanks I signed up and got 10% off

I find some decent deals at my hpb it’s mostly pricecharting prices, but for harder to find games that’s enough for me.

The 10% coupon is the welcome coupon. You should receive the other coupons in a few days.

#909 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2020 - 02:34 AM

The 10% coupon is the welcome coupon. You should receive the other coupons in a few days.

Yea on the email it said click for up to 50% off and I got the ones listed Monday - Sunday.

#910 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2324 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:07 PM

I remember my local HPB had a complete copy of Rule of Rose a few years back. It was priced at $180 I think?

I didnt end up getting it because it was really hard to spend that much on a ps2 game, despite knowing it would continue to go up in price

#911 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:47 PM

Weird coupon week so far. One of my HPBs apparently decided to start price-gouging; lots of overpriced shovelware, common DVDs close to original MSRP, etc. Their selection was also the most barren I've ever seen it, and I've done a lot of coupon weeks. But then... they had Ring Fit Adventure with the ring behind the register, for $39.99 before coupon. Even preowned, that's an insane deal compared to eBay and I snapped it up quick.

The other store had much better stock, and I'll be hitting it up the rest of the week for DS/3DS/maybe Vita goodies. Yesterday's pickup was The Louvin Brothers - "Satan is Real" on vinyl for $13-ish after coupon. I love that album, man, and it's worth it for the cover art alone.

https://upload.wikim...tan_is_Real.jpg

#912 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:58 PM

For those who've seen "Nioh" at your local HPB...is it still listed at $19.99, like it is at mine?

Just saw Nioh tonight. It's $19.99 out here as well.

#913 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11426 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:35 AM

Just scored Astral Chain for Switch for 28$. Probably my best game find since getting Pokken for Switch for $18. They also had Jedi Fallen order for $50, might grab it if it lasts till Sunday

Also found a complete works of Yoshitaka Amano for $26. Replaced my older copy I got at HPB years ago and I'll sell that one on eBay since it's out of print now.

#914 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:42 AM

Just scored Astral Chain for Switch for 28$. Probably my best game find since getting Pokken for Switch for $18. They also had Jedi Fallen order for $50, might grab it if it lasts till Sunday
Also found a complete works of Yoshitaka Amano for $26. Replaced my older copy I got at HPB years ago and I'll sell that one on eBay since it's out of print now.

That's an awesome find, I feel like Astral Chain is one of the absolute toughest Switch games to find on sale. Even Three Houses at least had a Black Friday deal... >_>

#915 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11426 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2020 - 03:55 AM

That's an awesome find, I feel like Astral Chain is one of the absolute toughest Switch games to find on sale. Even Three Houses at least had a Black Friday deal... >_>

Yeah I saw it in the case and did a triple take because I'm so used to seeing shovelware. That store had a pretty stacked collection of games and comics. Sadly it's like 50 minutes from me so I tend to only go once every month or two.