Walmart game clearance (YMMV)

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
There's a giant thread on RFD about this, but let's have one on here. Lots of Walmart clearance games are 10$, from 19.83$

I picked up Valkyria Chronicles ()now hard to find cos of the RFD effect), and Nano Assault (there were lots in Airdrie, AB).

Also saw Aliens Infestation, and Resonance of Fate.

Some games are in bargain bins, some are on shelves. There's lots of selection (at least at some stores), but lots of bin digging.

I don't agree with the ethics of some people on display at that site, but if you want the latest in Canadian game deals, RFD is the place to check. Its become a ghost town here.

[quote name='mrsamsa']There's a giant thread on RFD about this, but let's have one on here. Lots of Walmart clearance games are 10$, from 19.83$

[/QUOTE]

Do you have the RFD link? Can't find any trace of the thread.
I hate the new "local centric" RFD site.

i just wonder to myself is it a waste of time to post about deals here that's on the other website people most likely just go over there and check and that's it.

i shouldn't have those thoughts really i should try and post more stuff here i read from that site if no ones said anything on here about them cause not everyone likes going to that website.

at the end of the day sharing deals is good and i should be doing it more. ( without linking to that site )

And On Track For Topic. House Of The Dead Overkill was going for $19.99 or 98 or 89 or 83 anyway. i ended up paying like $10 - $12 total for it and this was last month about half way in. but i price Checked some games like PS3 Sorcery and Crysis 2 ( Regular or Normal Edition ) or Alice Madness Returns ( all PS3 editions most likely the same on 360 i assume ) but they were either $19.83 too $22 something ( before tax )

[quote name='refinedsugar']I don't agree with the ethics of some people on display at that site, but if you want the latest in Canadian game deals, RFD is the place to check. Its become a ghost town here.[/QUOTE]

I should really carry some of those Thread announcements over here then. try helping to liven the place up more. tho some of it would be not so good announcements.

can someone actually post the link to that thread...i can't find anything on that site since there isn't any space just for gaming deals..unless i'm missing it but yeah someone post the link so i can see it...thanks in advance :)

[quote name='JamesSoprano']I should really carry some of those Thread announcements over here then. try helping to liven the place up more. tho some of it would be not so good announcements.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, if you post something and even 1 person finds it helpful, you are helping and keeping everyone else updated, don't hesitate.

Is it still YMMV? A few weeks ago, I went to a Walmart that still had those games and they were regular price or at least $19.83.

This is really random, I scanned a whole bunch of games and only a few came up at $10, but it's not the usual huge barcode sale stickers on the back, the $10 game scan from the regular barcode on the back cover art. Some 3DS games labeled "2 for $30" scanned at $10 at the Sherbrooke location. I only bought Resonance of Fate (PS3).

[quote name='JamesSoprano']i price Checked some games like PS3 Sorcery and Crysis 2 ( Regular or Normal Edition ) or Alice Madness Returns ( all PS3 editions most likely the same on 360 i assume ) but they were either $19.83 too $22 something ( before tax )[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for Sorcery, it's 5 bucks new at FutureShop and BestBuy, along with pretty much every Move-only game. Online stock is long gone though.

Just wanted to say, I personally don't like to visit RFD, but I check this site once or twice a day. I greatly appreciate people posting deals here, so please keep it up!

Thanks for the heads up on these Walmart deals, mrsamsa!

RE: RedFlagDeals - It's a great place to get deals, but the discussions are almost universally ridiculous. It tends to be much more civil here.

Here's the RFD link: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wm-10-valkyria-chronicles-ps3-1287521/

RE: Walmart games - I bought Nano Assault and Valkyria Chronicles this past weekend in Airdrie. They had LOTS of stock, but I can't speak for other locations. They had a large rack of DS/3DS games that were labeled "$10", but some of the other consoles games, Valkyria Chronicles included, are labeled more than 10, but scan at 10$. The whole situation is pretty YMMV, but there's some gold to be had.

Speaking of cheap games at Wal-mart, I've found the Uncharted Dual Pack (includes Uncharted 1 & 2) labelled for $15. It has a different UPC code sticker over the original bar code, so that's the one to look for.

[quote name='Korahn']Found Blue Dragon in the bargain bin of the local WM for $10. Extremely pleased with it.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to one-up you, but... I got that for $5 at Staples about a year ago ;) Okay, that was a little braggy, but yeah.

I wish I saw this thread earlier, I drove someone to walmart today but didn't go in because I had a headache. And there's this snowstorm tonight/tomorrow. Dang.

Man, one of my biggest regrets is not picking up Pirates Plundarr on the Wii the one time I saw it in a Walmart bargain bin. I've never been able to find it since then.

EDIT: I just got it on eBay for 6 bucks. No more lost sleep.

[quote name='matsam']This is really random, I scanned a whole bunch of games and only a few came up at $10, but it's not the usual huge barcode sale stickers on the back, the $10 game scan from the regular barcode on the back cover art. Some 3DS games labeled "2 for $30" scanned at $10 at the Sherbrooke location. I only bought Resonance of Fate (PS3).

If you're looking for Sorcery, it's 5 bucks new at FutureShop and BestBuy, along with pretty much every Move-only game. Online stock is long gone though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. FS doesn't have any in stock at my local store also forgot to check BB location but if it's the same thing then i lost out :(

[quote name='Stanger31']In my opinion, if you post something and even 1 person finds it helpful, you are helping and keeping everyone else updated, don't hesitate.[/QUOTE]

Very True indeed. ok i shall then !

[quote name='TeaBisquit']Not trying to one-up you, but... I got that for $5 at Staples about a year ago ;) Okay, that was a little braggy, but yeah.

I wish I saw this thread earlier, I drove someone to walmart today but didn't go in because I had a headache. And there's this snowstorm tonight/tomorrow. Dang.[/QUOTE]

ooooh, angry. Hulk Smash! kidding. That was an awesome deal. Our Staples has maybe a total of 10 games at most so I never even consider looking there. Just happened to be picking up some dishwasher soap, walked by the bin and saw it.

Must be nice to have a wal-mart that actually makes it clear how much games costs that are not behind a jewl case.

[quote name='Korahn']ooooh, angry. Hulk Smash! kidding. That was an awesome deal. Our Staples has maybe a total of 10 games at most so I never even consider looking there. Just happened to be picking up some dishwasher soap, walked by the bin and saw it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the copy I bought was the only copy that I saw ever in a Staples.

[quote name='refinedsugar']I don't agree with the ethics of some people on display at that site, but if you want the latest in Canadian game deals, RFD is the place to check. Its become a ghost town here.[/QUOTE]
Oh please it's not even that bad. They do ruin deals sometimes but you guys over exaggerate it completely.

Technically I suppose there is a case for RFD, but personally I stopped visiting that site a long while ago. I grew tired of seeing people hoarding and bragging about buying up every copy of something that others had trouble finding. Instead of actually wanting something, it seemed many people simply wanted to make a quick buck.

I will gladly miss a deal or two and stay here, where it seems the discourse is generally more mature.

The biggest problem with RFD is that any and all discussion goes to shaq-fu right after the first post. CAG is much more civilized but unfortunately you'd miss on a lot of deals if you don't check both sources.

[quote name='jeffx']The biggest problem with RFD is that any and all discussion goes to shaq-fu right after the first post. CAG is much more civilized but unfortunately you'd miss on a lot of deals if you don't check both sources.[/QUOTE]

You're definitely right. You need to check both and reply only on CAG otherwise you get shamed by everyone on RFD :roll:

[quote name='jeffx']CAG is much more civilized but unfortunately you'd miss on a lot of deals if you don't check both sources.[/QUOTE]

This.

I checked out my local Wal-Mart yesterday and found Venetica & Binary Domain both marked down to $10, for anyone who might be interested. I haven't checked the RFD thread to see if they were already mentioned yet, but hopefully this helps someone who wants to play those if they can find them.

I picked up Two Worlds 2 at our local Wal-Mart for $10, not bad. I also saw Shadows of the Damned there for $10 too.

bread's done
Back