Green Man Gaming Rant

Bluesilo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
:hot: I thought I was just going to pre-order Bioshock Infinite and not be charged until the release of the game, but do to Green Man Gaming's sly wording I was manipulated into giving them my 60$ almost two months before the game is released. I had heard good word of them before on CAG, but I fully recommend they be avoided in the future.

Pre-order = Pay when the game comes out
Pre-purchase = Pay now

I've had nothing but good experiences with GMG and fully recommend them.

[quote name='Bluesilo']:hot: I thought I was just going to pre-order Bioshock Infinite and not be charged until the release of the game, but do to Green Man Gaming's sly wording I was manipulated into giving them my 60$ almost two months before the game is released. I had heard good word of them before on CAG, but I fully recommend they be avoided in the future.[/QUOTE]

Hey Bluesilo,

Sorry to hear you feel manipulated. We try to ensure all information is made available on how pre-purchases work on the GMG site. It's also why everywhere we try to ensure "pre-purchase" is used instead of "pre-order" because money is taken at the time of transaction instead of game delivery.

Because BioShock Infinite hasn't been released yet, I imagine you likely fit into the criteria for a refund. You can request one by logging into the GMG site, clicking Support and creating a new support ticket. If you feel you're not getting a response to it fast enough feel free to PM me here with the ticket number and I'll give it an extra nudge.

Hope this helps

-James

[quote name='JamesGMG']Hey Bluesilo,

Sorry to hear you feel manipulated. We try to ensure all information is made available on how pre-purchases work on the GMG site. It's also why everywhere we try to ensure "pre-purchase" is used instead of "pre-order" because money is taken at the time of transaction instead of game delivery.

Because BioShock Infinite hasn't been released yet, I imagine you likely fit into the criteria for a refund. You can request one by logging into the GMG site, clicking Support and creating a new support ticket. If you feel you're not getting a response to it fast enough feel free to PM me here with the ticket number and I'll give it an extra nudge.

Hope this helps

-James[/QUOTE]

Not my thread but...

Now GMG has my backing as well. I love companies with outreach programs. Dell has a similar one with their Alienware pc's. I posted a rant about my gpu overheating and withing 36 hours had a tech at my house and a support ticket at the Miami HQ's. This is good business James! :applause:

Thanks!

[quote name='JamesGMG']Hey Bluesilo,

Hope this helps

-James[/QUOTE]

Thank you James. The problem was solved and now I'm a better informed consumer as a part of it. GMG has redeemed its reputation in my eyes and I'd like to do business with them once again. :applause:

[quote name='Bluesilo']:hot: I thought I was just going to pre-order Bioshock Infinite and not be charged until the release of the game, but do to Green Man Gaming's sly wording I was manipulated into giving them my 60$ almost two months before the game is released. I had heard good word of them before on CAG, but I fully recommend they be avoided in the future.[/QUOTE]

GMG is awesome. Also, if you're going to pre-order the game for full price, why not just buy it directly on Steam? GMG really shine with their great deals and specials. If you're just paying full price, though, I just can't come up with a reason to not do it directly through Steam.

bread's done
Back