3DS vs. 3DS XL (LL)

Persona Eater

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Looking for your guy's honest opinions on both versions of the 3DS. I'm looking at getting a 3DS but I'm not sure which model. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have both and I can tell you that the XL is 91% better. Bigger screen lets me play mario kart with more precision completely worth the price difference, just for increased battery life alone.

[quote name='simplylemonade']I have both and I can tell you that the XL is 91% better. Bigger screen lets me play Mario kart with more precision completely worth the price difference, just for increased battery life alone.[/QUOTE]
How do original DS titles look on it? Are they extremely pixelated?

3DS XL has a lot of advantages going for it. Bigger screens obviously will have the 3DS games looking better and offer a bigger window of that 'sweet spot' for the 3D effect if you use it.

Better battery life is a big deal as well.

You will probably notice pixelation in the older titles, but I think you can play the DS games in their original resolution. I'm not sure on that though - just got a 3DS XL and I'm new to the console.

Go with the XL you wont regret it bigger screen is a +.. Some1 just posted about Cowboom they have the black 3ds xl model for around $115 with coupon.

I have only played the 3DSXl as I bought it. DS games look fine to me but some of the screen is not used.

[quote name='Calinks']I have only played the 3DSXl as I bought it. DS games look fine to me but some of the screen is not used.[/QUOTE]

This, but if you play DS gams on the regular 3DS some of the top screen is also not used.

I've owned both, and I'd recommend the XL. I like the significantly bigger screens, the buttons and d-pad feel better, it's got a little longer battery life, and I prefer the matte finish. The only downside is it looks a bit more blown-up since the resolution is the same (so you see more jaggies), but it's not bad enough to make me prefer the original.

Last edited:
XL. It's more comfortable, and that's all there is to it, in my eyes. Still fits in your pocket. Oh, and start and select are actual buttons, not membrane buttons.

bread's done
Back