Buy your whole collection here only $550k

Not enough classic stuff for the collection to be worth that much. He's missing a few significant modern pieces as well. Besides, who would even considering paying that much to a 0 feeback seller? I'd want to pick it up in person for sure, and I can't see that much money changing hands without legal documents or something.

"Second thing: this is a new account I registered ONLY for this auction to mantain some privacy and to separate this important auction from my normal activities but I’m an eBay user since the 2000!!!"

I get that the people don't want to deal with parting a collection like that out, but come on. If someone can afford to drop that kind of money, they probably have already collected a good portion of the things listed so why would they bother buying it all.

My collection doesn't even come close to his and just looking at what he's got makes me want to sell mine before it gets to that point.

For a second I thought it was SoB listing his collection for sale again, but looks like it's somebody else who actually collected games instead somebody who was complaining about collecting games he didn't even want to play.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']He'd do way better piecing it out and selling individually or in small collections.[/QUOTE]

Selling all of those items individually would take forever, but I agree that he could easily sell in small collections.

I think the bigger reason people do this is for exposure and hope someone makes an off eBay offer in order to avoid hefty eBay fees (and taxes).

Am I being a tad cynical in thinking this guy just got married and suddenly has to clear all this stuff out ASAP? I don't see how someone could collect that much media and then all of a sudden decide to get rid of it.

I'm reminded of the yesteryears of Penny Arcade...

215089752_V42fY-L-2.jpg

Seller is based in Italy. I think Benedict finally got tired of all the heathen clutter left at the Vatican by the John Pauls.

Also, gl with shipping to whomever buys 6,800 games.

I was expecting to be unimpressed and thinking the guy is just another "wow big collection looking for attention" listing, but holy crap. The dude's got four Steel Battalions. And that's just one little picture in the whole deal. How big is his house? And I have no idea what this game is, but I want it:
373t.jpg
[quote name='Squarehard']For a second I thought it was SoB listing his collection for sale again, but looks like it's somebody else who actually collected games instead somebody who was complaining about collecting games he didn't even want to play.[/QUOTE]

I was about to say I almost miss that guy, but then I came to my senses. Unlike SoB this guy put some effort into the listing. I can't imagine shipping 330 consoles plus 6800 games. I guess you'd go in on a shipping container with people smuggling Russian women or something.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']$550,000 and he can't even throw in free shipping? What a cheapskate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, shipping kills it. Too bad.

[quote name='salty tbone']I was expecting to be unimpressed and thinking the guy is just another "wow big collection looking for attention" listing, but holy crap. The dude's got four Steel Battalions. And that's just one little picture in the whole deal. How big is his house? And I have no idea what this game is, but I want it:
373t.jpg

I was about to say I almost miss that guy, but then I came to my senses. Unlike SoB this guy put some effort into the listing. I can't imagine shipping 330 consoles plus 6800 games. I guess you'd go in on a shipping container with people smuggling Russian women or something.[/QUOTE]

Wait...that game is worth something? I swear I played that...where did it go?

Seeing stuff like this makes me think sometimes about selling off my collection. I don't think I could do it, but it just sits there in my parents' house in the closet stacked completely up in boxes from top to bottom. I know I could never get close to some huge amount like that, but piecing everything out I like to think I could get 20K (maybe more depending on how a few of the real rare things sold).

An extra 20K would be nice, but what would I do then. Maybe eventually.

This might just be me....but if my collection got to the point where it was worth 550K, it wouldn't even be a question of whether or not I was going to sell it....thats a shit ton of money. No one could EVER play that many games, so it well surpasses the whole "well I actually play them all from time to time" argument. Sell the video games and take a trip around the world!! Small, medium, and even extremely large collections are impressive and obviously I have respect for the guys who have them (wouldn't be on CAG if I didn't), but once it gets to that point it's time to start piecing it out to people who will put the games to use. Just sell the games and go to bars with wads of hundreds to pick up chicks for the rest of your life or something XD

I feel like this is what I would be like if it was my collection. Start at 1:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-5io1muSQ

Just my opinion, I'm sure I can also come up with a bunch of reasons for keeping it. I don't know the guy or his story, so that's just the exaggerated opinion of an outsider.

Yea i dont know how this kind of transaction would go down but he has collections selling separate would be alot better cause as nice of a collection that is i dont know who would drop that much money for everything in one shot

[quote name='yantelope']Well, I mean, it does have a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles...[/QUOTE]

I'll sell you my collection for only a paltry $250,000 and I'll throw in Xenoblade Chronicles too.

Too bad this eBay seller wasn't listing his collection years ago, I would have bought it and saved me the frustration of assembling my own.

[quote name='batman1939']A lot of people say it would be easier to piece it out but what about more than one buyer? I'll start the pot with $100. So if I get 5499 of you to throw in $100 we buy the lot and split the loot. What could go wrong?

Who's with me?[/QUOTE]

I"ll chip on $100 as long as I get the blades of chaos and the RE4 chainsaw (I have no idea how much either of those are even worth, but I like them both).

The sad part is after Ebay Fees and Paypal (or other fees transferring such a large amount of cash), he's ending up with far less.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The sad part is after Ebay Fees and Paypal (or other fees transferring such a large amount of cash), he's ending up with far less.[/QUOTE]

Guess he just figured that out and relisted it for $575k.

[quote name='TheLounge']I rather have this... While I started gaming on a Mega Drive (my dad was airforce) and when the neighbors used to watch me I would play punchout on their nes (they wouldn't let me play zelda cause they always told me I wasn't old enough at 4), SNES was what I truly remember growing up on. This is my holy grail, now to decide if it is worth trading my car in for!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-US...073&pid=100040&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=300859456187&[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is awesome.

A lot of that stuff was only released in Japan. Video games in Japanese were always a bigger cultural factor than they were here so there is more gaming related merchandise there. Even when it comes to games and consoles, a lot of them never make it over here. Even as the industry declines over there, they continue to get a lot of cool stuff.

I really don't understand the whole "I have to get rid of everything because I got married" deal....why would you marry someone to begin with that isn't already cool with you collecting games? Its like Chris Rock said "If you're a crackhead, you're wife gotta be a crackhead too!"

I'd hate to be that guy when he eventually gets a divorce and wishes he had all that stuff back

bread's done
Back