Cowboom used PS Vita 3g for $122

I think you mean wifi and most people have tax. I think it is still a great price but it is only three dollars less that it has been for a couple of month.

None of these have the required cables to charge the thing, only 1 has the ac adapter (the rest are missing the usb charge cable that plugs into the AC).

Add 20-50$ to replace those cables, and its not worth it at all. Some of these are even missing the battery.

I've never ordered from Cowboom but followed what people have gotten from them in the Cowboom thread.. what are the chances of the handheld being trashed or gutted?

[quote name='Reraise']None of these have the required cables to charge the thing, only 1 has the ac adapter (the rest are missing the usb charge cable that plugs into the AC).

Add 20-50$ to replace those cables, and its not worth it at all. Some of these are even missing the battery.[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you shop for cables, but it is not $20-50 to replace a USB cable for the Vita. If you combine the USB and AC adapter and go first party you are looking $20-30, but no where near $50. Also, it is impossible for it to be missing the battery.

I ordered a 4 Vita. Had a few very light scratches on the back but otherwise excellent. I wouldn't be too worried.

That being said CB has crappy CS. So if you do have problems be ready got restocking fees etc.

"
Pre-owned​
- Fully functional
- May show limited signs of use
- May be missing parts or accessories
- May have dents or scratches
Read our product definitions

Protect Your Purchase With A Produc"

Thanks for posting the deal, but Im a little sketchy. It says cowboom is a best buy company. If this system arrives in terrible shape, does anyone know if I can just take it back to my local best buy?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I don't know where you shop for cables, but it is not $20-50 to replace a USB cable for the Vita. If you combine the USB and AC adapter and go first party you are looking $20-30, but no where near $50. Also, it is impossible for it to be missing the battery.[/QUOTE]

Read the descriptions, some QUITE CLEARLY state, battery is missing (which isnt impossible on a vita, especially if these have been opened and repaired like a lot of cowboom stuff, sometimes the battery goes bad hence, missing battery)

If i said its 20-50$ to replace, and you said its 20-30$. Im still within my estimate. The official AC adapter is $14.99 (doesnt include the USB) plus tax + shipping. The USB, is $14.99 plus tax + shipping. Unless you get a deal with free shipping and discount, thats almost $33 with shipping to add. Can easily add up to $40+

Before you reply with a bunch of links where they are on sale/free ship etc, i dont really care. I was trying to make a point before someone jumped on this thinking its a great deal.

Less nitpicking please...

[quote name='Reraise']Read the descriptions, some QUITE CLEARLY state, battery is missing (which isnt impossible on a vita, especially if these have been opened and repaired like a lot of cowboom stuff, sometimes the battery goes bad hence, missing battery)

If i said its 20-50$ to replace, and you said its 20-30$. Im still within my estimate. The official AC adapter is $14.99 (doesnt include the USB) plus tax + shipping. The USB, is $14.99 plus tax + shipping. Unless you get a deal with free shipping and discount, thats almost $33 with shipping to add. Can easily add up to $40+

Before you reply with a bunch of links where they are on sale/free ship etc, i dont really care. I was trying to make a point before someone jumped on this thinking its a great deal.

Less nitpicking please...[/QUOTE]

The battery can be removed if you open the system yes, but it cannot be purchased unless it's a knockoff from China, one taken out of a Vita that you bought on ebay or someplace similar, or you can get Sony to sell you one directly which I am unsure if that is even possible. As such if the battery is not included they may as well just sell it for parts because it's useless and non-functional.

So you mean to say that if I said "You can get a pack of gum anywhere from $0.25 to $100" then I would still be OK with saying that because it's within my specified margins? Come on...

Plus this is CAG, if you are paying MSRP for ANYTHING besides rare/hard to find items then you're in the wrong place, so $30 for both is MSRP and unlikely for any CAG to pay that. I have found the cables on clearance in April for 50% off. Warehouse deals from amazon has them all the time for half off. There are high quality third party ones available for less as well.

I am all for sharing buyer beware informration on here to make sure people know what they are getting into so they aren't surprised. But at least spread accurate info.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The battery can be removed if you open the system yes, but it cannot be purchased unless it's a knockoff from China, one taken out of a Vita that you bought on ebay or someplace similar, or you can get Sony to sell you one directly which I am unsure if that is even possible. As such if the battery is not included they may as well just sell it for parts because it's useless and non-functional.

So you mean to say that if I said "You can get a pack of gum anywhere from $0.25 to $100" then I would still be OK with saying that because it's within my specified margins? Come on...

Plus this is CAG, if you are paying MSRP for ANYTHING besides rare/hard to find items then you're in the wrong place, so $30 for both is MSRP and unlikely for any CAG to pay that. I have found the cables on clearance in April for 50% off. Warehouse deals from amazon has them all the time for half off. There are high quality third party ones available for less as well.

I am all for sharing buyer beware informration on here to make sure people know what they are getting into so they aren't surprised. But at least spread accurate info.[/QUOTE]

Spreading accurate info, you said that its IMPOSSIBLE for a vita to be missing its battery, there's some inaccurate info. What if someone bought that believing you thinking its impossible, they are now stuck with a paperweight. Lecturing me on spreading accurate info.

My "ESTIMATE" is within 10$ of current MSRP. Of course you can find it cheaper, but that was a worst case full retail. I really didnt expect someone to come in and be so anal about an estimate. You can blow it up to ridiculous proportions with your useless gum analogy, but your being a douche. I was trying to save someone from HIDDEN costs on a perceived deal. What are you trying to do?

Is it really that serious? lol.
still seems like a good deal if you get one that isn't "missing the battery" :D Wonder what the chances are.

[quote name='e Skrilla']Is it really that serious? lol.
still seems like a good deal if you get one that isn't "missing the battery" :D Wonder what the chances are.[/QUOTE]

Either 99.9% or 0%. It tells you what it has and doesn't have.

[quote name='e Skrilla']Is it really that serious? lol.
still seems like a good deal if you get one that isn't "missing the battery" :D Wonder what the chances are.[/QUOTE]

They list what it comes with/whats missing on each one.

Some of their items are really good, but if you have an issue, their CS is virtually non existent. Its VERY hard to get any refund or replacement from them.

I've been under a rock when it comes to the Vita. Is there anything besides the big name titles worth getting this for? I never hear much about the system anymore. Is it a sleeper hit or doa?

[quote name='ryanflucas']I've been under a rock when it comes to the Vita. Is there anything besides the big name titles worth getting this for? I never hear much about the system anymore. Is it a sleeper hit or doa?[/QUOTE]

Bought mine day 1, barely used it. Best games imho are Ragnarok Odyssey and persona 4 (i own about 25 games)

There are a few decent other games like gravity rush, but on the whole, im disappointed in it. Its fun dont get me wrong, but i enjoyed the PSP way more than i am the vita.

Its not bad, its not no way a sleeper hit. best way to describe it i think is...

Meh....

[quote name='ryanflucas']I've been under a rock when it comes to the Vita. Is there anything besides the big name titles worth getting this for? I never hear much about the system anymore. Is it a sleeper hit or doa?[/QUOTE]

For this kind of price, it's worth it just to play PSOne classics if you're into that kinda thing. It's also pretty great if you like fighters. They're all ports, but they're fantastic for travel or playing on the couch while you watch tv. And if you don't already have a PSP, well...there you go.

Well I'm an jrpg fan and there is no new title out that yet that makes me want to get a vita. I already played the shit out of Persona and all the other FF so that alone is not worth the vita.

I mean I'll still get one eventually but there is really nothing I want to play on the vita that I haven't already played unless I want to play it on the go.

Soul Sacrifice, Valhalla Knights, Phantasy Star Online 2, whatever Atelier port they're doing, Final Fantasy X HD (whenever that happens)

[quote name='Byakurai']Soul Sacrifice, Valhalla Knights, Phantasy Star Online 2, whatever Atelier port they're doing, Final Fantasy X HD (whenever that happens)[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing this is a post to me since they are mainly jrpgs.

I said that there is no game out right now that I haven't already played.

Soul Sacrifice (not out and just semi interested), Valhalla Knights (played on PSP), Phantasy Star Online 2 (not out and not interested in PSO games anymore), whatever Atelier (not out and they are just okay games), Final Fantasy X HD (who knows when this will come and played the shit out of it during the PS2).

Last edited by a moderator:
Even at 120 bucks I still can't justify buying it when their are no games I am even interested in sony needs to step it up asap because this is sad.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']I'm guessing this is a post to me since they are mainly jrpgs.

I said that there is no game out right now that I haven't already played.

Soul Sacrifice (not out and just semi interested), Valhalla Knights (played on PSP), Phantasy Star Online 2 (not out and not interested in PSO games anymore), whatever Atelier (not out and they are just okay games), Final Fantasy X HD (who knows when this will come and played the shit out of it during the PS2).[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you, man. My vita doesn't get a whole lot of love these days. I think most of what I'm playing consists of visual novels and ragnarok odyssey. Besides that, I just stick to casual stuff on the iPhone.

bread's done
Back