Tennessee man quits job after getting W-2 with ’666′ on it

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
Ok not really a vs. type thread but since it has to do with religion I did not want to post in the off topic forum. I find this mostly funny but also a little scary that people like this exist and not only that but some may actually be in positions to make public policy. This type of superstitious BS is why we cannot have nice things.

Short video of the guy in the link also.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/tennessee-man-quits-job-getting-w-2-666-185507901.html

It is dumb. Somewhere on the eBay forums there is a long running thread about sellers who immediately cancel any listing they create that has "666" embedded in the listing/item #.

They will literally cancel it and call eBay CSR to get a refund on their listing fees and then relist it again in order to get a different item number.

OT but as a teenager I used to snowmobile a lot (before the whole "global warming" thing). We used to think it was funny to get gas and put $6.66 in. This was back when gas was just $1.xx a gallon and when you pumped first and paid inside afterwards.

I remember one cashier screaming at us and refusing to let us pay for the gas. I'm not sure exactly what she said but she literally would not let us pay saying something about our money was tainted by the devil.

People are crazy.

We're not all fundamentalism idiots, I promise. Though I can certainly see why somebody might think so.

[quote name='UncleBob']Is this all that much worse than skipping the #13 when numbering floors in a building?[/QUOTE]

It is if you truly believe having a 13th floor means that it is haunted, unlucky or cursed. That is the point. This guy really think that 666 is so cursed that he is willing to quit his job over it. So yes superstition is all the same whether it has to do with unlucky building floors or the fallen angel Lucifer.

[quote name='GBAstar']It is dumb. Somewhere on the eBay forums there is a long running thread about sellers who immediately cancel any listing they create that has "666" embedded in the listing/item #.

They will literally cancel it and call eBay CSR to get a refund on their listing fees and then relist it again in order to get a different item number.

OT but as a teenager I used to snowmobile a lot (before the whole "global warming" thing). We used to think it was funny to get gas and put $6.66 in. This was back when gas was just $1.xx a gallon and when you pumped first and paid inside afterwards.

I remember one cashier screaming at us and refusing to let us pay for the gas. I'm not sure exactly what she said but she literally would not let us pay saying something about our money was tainted by the devil.

People are crazy.[/QUOTE]

I remember working at Software Etc. and someone returning the Indiana Jones game (PS2) because you had to give a crown to a demonic looking statue and they considered that devil worship and putting the statue before god. Yikes.

bread's done
Back