Newegg Weekly - Dead Island GOTY $19, Midway Arcade $17, ME2 (PS3) $12, free shipping

Bount

CAGiversary!
new to the forums, so i can't provide links. if you go to newegg's main page, then gaming tab, and click on the "Weekly Gaming Deals" banner on the left you'll see these quasi-deals:

Dead Island GOTY PS3 $19 -
Dead Island GOTY X360 $19 -

Midway Arcade Origins PS3 $17 -
Midway Arcade Origins X360 $17 -

Mass Effect 2 PS3 $12 -

Not bad. #_#; I should hold off. My backlog won't let me get to this until 2015.. and I tend to end up buying a game like 3 weeks before the price drops even more.

Mass effect 2, might pick it up for 12 dollar
run

Yeah I'd suggest waiting on the midway collection till it hits 10 or less. It's nice and all for the nostalgia value if you played any of those back in the day, but half the games on there are barely playable at best as pretty much no optimization was done for the 360 controller as far as I can tell. 720, spy hunter, and marble madness are basically unplayable imo, and those games are a big reason I bought this originally.

Plus, there are so many other games they could have easily included and didn't. Just look at the midway arcade treasures games for the original Xbox if you want to see a list of what "should" have been on there.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Hmm. You definitely convinced me to wait for $10 or even less.[/QUOTE]

Well.. I should probably clarify what I said a bit. A lot of these games used track balls and steering wheels, or even special joysticks (like 720), so it's understandable that they won't play the same as in the arcade. But IMO, some of these should have just been left off the disc when the developers realized they couldn't get them to control decently, like the ones I mentioned above, or they should have spent more time on them possibly, IDK. A lot of the games do work just fine, like rampage, and are pretty fun. It's a pretty mixed bag though, so the game you buy the collection for may just suck which is pretty much what happened for me.

[quote name='mindcycle']Well.. I should probably clarify what I said a bit. A lot of these games used track balls and steering wheels, or even special joysticks (like 720), so it's understandable that they won't play the same as in the arcade. But IMO, some of these should have just been left off the disc when the developers realized they couldn't get them to control decently, like the ones I mentioned above, or they should have spent more time on them possibly, IDK. A lot of the games do work just fine, like rampage, and are pretty fun. It's a pretty mixed bag though, so the game you buy the collection for may just suck which is pretty much what happened for me.[/QUOTE]

I bet these are the only old Midway games WB had the license to republish though, outside of Mortal Kombat that is.

Also MSRP (or at least the GS new price) for Dead Island GotY is $19.99 so not that great of a deal either.

bread's done
Back