Activision Skylanders Spyro's Starter pack 360,Wii & 3DS $34.99 shipped!

Still shows $35 for me. Can someone explain this game to me? It seems to be really popular, but what's special about it? Is it primarily for kids?

[quote name='brewin']shows up @ $166! Deal is DOA![/QUOTE] You can still do instore pick up for the 360 version. you just have to do it from the main page that shows all 3 of them, you have to click where it says pick up free.

[quote name='Bazz']You can still do instore pick up for the 360 version. you just have to do it from the main page that shows all 3 of them, you have to click where it says pick up free.[/QUOTE]

Tried that. said "Item not added to cart.
We are sorry, this item couldn't be added to your cart. Please try again later."

[quote name='Bazz']You can still do instore pick up for the 360 version. you just have to do it from the main page that shows all 3 of them, you have to click where it says pick up free.[/QUOTE]

Tried that and it shows up for $69.99 at my local stores. Probably a good thing, I've been really tempted to get into this series but I know it's a HUGE wallet drain.

This has been 39.99 at Target this past week (YMMV of Course). I was contemplating getting it for my son for his birthday. After further investigation I think the problem here is as far as I understand the figures that work on the original game are pretty few and far between these days. And the original figures work on the new game (Skylander Giants) but the newer figures do not work on the original game. However if I am wrong please correct me because I'd love to pick it up if I am wrong.

Not so much if you watch for deals-
At Christmas-time, Kmart clearenced out Spyro's Adventure, so I got the 3DS and PS3 versions for $19.99 each. Some Best Buy stores had a 50% off red stickered games back in January- For $40 I bought a copy of the first game bundled with two figure packs (1 3 figures, one 1 figure and the pirate ship). Between the two Spyro's adventure game and the two figure packs I still didn't have an Air type so I did have to spend $10 for one of those.
I also just recently picked up Skylander's Giants Portal Owner's kits for the 3DS for $30 each.

So, for 5 games, 3 console specific portals, at least one figure of each element type plus extras, it ended up costing me $150. Don't forget this left me with a complete version of the game to gift to a friend, and well as extra figures to gift to my neighbors' kids.

It only gets expensive if you end up in the "I want it now" mode where you need to have all the version of all the figures. While there are marginal upgrades- Wow Pows, heroic challenges, etc...
but that's no different than the extra DLC that you'd pay for in other games (like buying other cars in Forza, etc)

It's pretty easy to be a CAG and still get the bulk of game value out of the Skylanders series on the cheap.

[quote name='JSweeney']Not so much if you watch for deals-
At Christmas-time, Kmart clearenced out Spyro's Adventure, so I got the 3DS and PS3 versions for $19.99 each. Some Best Buy stores had a 50% off red stickered games back in January- For $40 I bought a copy of the first game bundled with two figure packs (1 3 figures, one 1 figure and the pirate ship). Between the two Spyro's adventure game and the two figure packs I still didn't have an Air type so I did have to spend $10 for one of those.
I also just recently picked up Skylander's Giants Portal Owner's kits for the 3DS for $30 each.

So, for 5 games, 3 console specific portals, at least one figure of each element type plus extras, it ended up costing me $150. Don't forget this left me with a complete version of the game to gift to a friend, and well as extra figures to gift to my neighbors' kids.

It only gets expensive if you end up in the "I want it now" mode where you need to have all the version of all the figures. While there are marginal upgrades- Wow Pows, heroic challenges, etc...
but that's no different than the extra DLC that you'd pay for in other games (like buying other cars in Forza, etc)

It's pretty easy to be a CAG and still get the bulk of game value out of the Skylanders series on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

Am I right that the new Series 2 figures and Giants figures cannot be used in Spyro's Adventure?

[quote name='Nfamous209']Am I right that the new Series 2 figures and Giants figures cannot be used in Spyro's Adventure?[/QUOTE]

I am a noob in Skyladers world but I am pretty sure if the character has a series 1 counterpart it would work with the Original Skylanders. Giants defenitely won't work on the orginal as well as the newer Skylanders like Chill and Jet-Vac. Some are labeled not to work with the original skylanders like Lightcore Prism Break but would work anyway.

[quote name='maximumzero']Tempting, but at this point I'll just wait for Disney Infinity. :/[/QUOTE]

I was going to do that but I'm thinking some good deals on Infinity for Black Friday. Buy some figures if I can find some deals beforehand.

bread's done
Back