Duo - Gamer Controller for Apple® iPad®, iPhone® and iPod® touch - $14.99

Chedeng88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Deal price is $14.99 (MSRP $39.99).
Not sure if this is a good deal since I'm an Android user but it looks pretty cool.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&id=1218813786448&ref=39&CJPID=3237423&loc=01

6915517_ra.jpg

[quote name='maximumzero']Now if there were only games worth playing for iOS we'd be in business.[/QUOTE]

Can't help but feed the troll with a semi-witty retort.

Still playing Snake on your Motorola flip phone? Might be time for an upgrade...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Can't help but feed the troll with a semi-witty retort.

Still playing Snake on your Motorola flip phone? Might be time for an upgrade...[/QUOTE]

Says right on the box "plays exclusively with Gameloft games".

OH BOY, LET'S BRING THE JOY AND GLORY OF THE XBOX 360'S SHITTY D-PAD TO PORTABLES!

Fuck this noise.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Can't help but feed the troll with a semi-witty retort.

Still playing Snake on your Motorola flip phone? Might be time for an upgrade...[/QUOTE]

I love my iPhone, but games are just something it's not cut out for.

Not trying to troll, just my humble opinion.

[quote name='JKSonic']Says right on the box "plays exclusively with Gameloft games".[/QUOTE]

And even though those Gameloft games exist on Android, this controller will only work for the iOS versions.

I don't understand the logic of limiting you device so much to only a small handful of game on one platform. The hardware itself looks fine and it connects via bluetooth which is universal. There's no good reason to limit this so much.

[quote name='maximumzero']I love my iPhone, but games are just something it's not cut out for.

Not trying to troll, just my humble opinion.[/QUOTE]

There are tons and tons of good games on iOS. If you can't find anything you like you either have VERY strict tastes or more likely aren't looking much at all.

Does it play console type games that really need a proper controller well? Of course not, but there are plenty of ingenious touch based games that play wonderfully on the device. Try playing some of those games and see if you can't find anything redeeming about iOS gaming.

[quote name='Nohbdy']OH BOY, LET'S BRING THE JOY AND GLORY OF THE XBOX 360'S SHITTY D-PAD TO PORTABLES!

Fuck this noise.[/QUOTE]

You might want to seek counseling if it bothers you that much. Tell the nice man where on the doll Microsoft touched you.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']There are tons and tons of good games on iOS. If you can't find anything you like you either have VERY strict tastes or more likely aren't looking much at all.

Does it play console type games that really need a proper controller well? Of course not, but there are plenty of ingenious touch based games that play wonderfully on the device. Try playing some of those games and see if you can't find anything redeeming about iOS gaming.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there are a lot of great games on iOS, but I don't really enjoy the mindless tap session games that are basically early flash games re-purposed for iPhone use.

The games I would actually like to play rely on touch-screen buttons, and those are universally garbage.

[quote name='maximumzero']I'm sure there are a lot of great games on iOS, but I don't really enjoy the mindless tap session games that are basically early flash games re-purposed for iPhone use.

The games I would actually like to play rely on touch-screen buttons, and those are universally garbage.[/QUOTE]

There are some that aren't bad, but from your comments your not really interested in the unique experiences the touch screen games can provide so I won't try to persuade you to try them. To each his own in the end. You don't want to experience new gameplay styles that's your choice, but I wouldn't blanket state they are awful if you aren't willing to play them. It just seems like senseless trolling.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You might want to seek counseling if it bothers you that much. Tell the nice man where on the doll Microsoft touched you.[/QUOTE]
Try playing any platformer with it. Go on.

Picked one up and briefly tried it with Modern Combat 3. Works great! Solid design. Set up was simple too. I was hesitant about spending $15 on a controller for only 4 games (it list 7 supported so far). Hopefully, this clearance price doesn't mean they are giving up on the controller and will no longer support it.

Wow, no universal dual analog gamepad (where you can map the controls) has been released yet, after all these years? I plan on eventually getting an ipad, but I was hoping to play some of those titles using a pad instead of touch controls.

I have an iControl pad which I use with a jailbroken iPhone. There are tons of emulators for a jailbreak setup that work great with the pad. That means hundreds of playable games from systems like NES to GBA advance. You can also setup blutrol, which is a jail break app that allows you to map the physical buttons on the pad to anywhere on the screen so you can use it to play regular iOS games.

It's not an entirely easy setup but it was easily worth the money and time spent getting everything to work.

bread's done
Back