Qubed (Rez HD/E4/Lumines Live) Xbox 360 @ Gamestop - $4.99/$3.99

Inf^Shini

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/qubed/75690

Searched, didn't see this mentioned. I don't know if it's a temporary/clearance sale, but even though they're some of the older XBLA games, they are still fun to play. If you haven't tried them out yet, I'd say now is the time to nab a copy !

Taken from GS product page:
Now, you can get three award-winning game masterpieces in an exclusive single package for a unique audiovisual experience. Qubed consists of three amazing games: the legendary fast-paced action-shooter Rez HD, the frenetic blockbuster puzzler Lumines Live!, and the trippy, trancey, and gorgeous E4 (Every Extend Extra Extreme). Get all three great games in one package, Qubed.

• Rez HD: Created by Tetsuya Mizuguchi, Rez HD is the action shooter where your actions create the music. Target your enemies and hack the system all while making your own game music.
  • Lumines Live!: One of the best puzzle games ever released, enjoy the multiple game modes, and insane puzzling action, surrounded by new graphic skins and rich, vibrant music.
  • E4: This is a unique inverted shoot-'em-up experience where you must perfectly time your self-destruction and set up chain reactions by exploding enemies to extend the game life. Outrageous visuals mix with cool music to create a wild gaming adventure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Been waiting to see if there would be a deal on this. Don't have any of the games on the collection and I needed a q to finish the alphabet in my Xbox collection haha

Thanks, OP. I always wanted to try REZ. Seems like most every store has one new copy in stock.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']all 3 games are on disc right? theres no vouchers etc...aka buying this used should be fine right?[/QUOTE]

Buying used is fine, all three games are on disc.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Don't be scared.[/QUOTE]

drive out of my way to place where my risk of harm is insane for a collection of games i'll likely never play?

hellll yeah! #YOLO

crap i wish my xbox didn't stop playing discs :( i'll probably still buy this even though i need a new system to play discs

[quote name='ChaosLaw']drive out of my way to place where my risk of harm is insane for a collection of games i'll likely never play?

hellll yeah! #YOLO[/QUOTE]

You sound pretty scared.

[quote name='oasisboy']Where is the "i hate GameStop and their employees so I will price match at Best Buy" post?[/QUOTE]Probably not going to happen since BBY.com just has a used listing for Qubed ($7.99), and they likely don't price-match used prices.

[quote name='Vigilante']Probably not going to happen since BBY.com just has a used listing for Qubed ($7.99), and they likely don't price-match used prices.[/QUOTE]

Meaning that people who hate GameStop and want this will have to walk into a GameStop store...:lol:

Already have Rez. Anyone know if the Lumines is the 'full' game or just the base XBLA on without all the extra modes that they sold as DLC?

Really liked the E4 demo when I played it years ago, I imagine that and Lumines would be worth the $5.

Picked up a "new" copy. The clerk went out of his way to say "it's out of its case but we do that for display purposes, no one has ever played this."

Got home and looked at the disc surface and there were a ton of scratches.

I would have paid $5 for used, but I don't like being lied to.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Picked up a "new" copy. The clerk went out of his way to say "it's out of its case but we do that for display purposes, no one has ever played this."

Got home and looked at the disc surface and there were a ton of scratches.

I would have paid $5 for used, but I don't like being lied to.[/QUOTE]

I'd be amazed if a disk sitting in a paper sleeve for years didn't get scratched.

Just place an in-store hold, but I'm starting to think that I own Lumines Live as a DL from years ago. I have always wanted to play Rez, though.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Anyone know if the Lumines is the 'full' game or just the base XBLA on without all the extra modes that they sold as DLC?[/QUOTE]

I read someone said Amazon said it did. Now that i am looking myself Amazon says no, but i remember myself buying this awhile ago for the DLC. I'm almost positive it is on disc. I'll try to double check this afternoon if i can.

Also of course as others have said the price is easily worth Rez alone.

This is on the Qubed Wikipedia entry:

Lumines Live! is included on the Qubed compilation for Xbox 360 along with Rez HD and Every Extend Extra Extreme. The downloadable content included with Lumines Live! on Qubed consists of the Advance Challenge Pack, VS CPU Pack, Puzzle/Mission Pack, Rockin' Holiday Pack, and both Genki Rockets skins (Heavenly Star and Breeze). The only packs that aren't included are the Booster Pack and Tokyo Club Mix Pack, however, these can be downloaded separately and will work with the game on Qubed.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll probably pick this up if I can find one. Is the price supposed to go up again on Wednesday or is this not a part of the current sale?

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Picked up the last "new" copy. Was buried at the bottom of a rack.[/QUOTE]

Same here with my local GameStop.

I went to my local Gamestop, and asked for a new copy of Qubed. The clerk looked through some games and pulled out a game that was stored in a paper sleeve. While she was retrieving the display case from the rack, I noticed the sleeve was torn allowing the game to become scratched. At that point, I didn't want it anymore. Once it's been opened, it's not new! bummer

Just got my new copy. It was gutted, but whatever. It was the store with a shitty store manager an she tried to put it back on me after barely a day. Also grabbed Mindjack since it was only 4.49.

Found a gutted copy. Don't care, I was going to open it anyway. Also, for a game that's seemingly tough to find new or used (not saying it's rare or anything, just that it's OoS online and most stores only seem to have one copy anyway) and is only $5 I'm not sure how literally anyone expects to find a sealed copy at a GS. People complaining that all their new copies of this game are gutted seems silly to me. With a game like this you should expect that before even making the drive.

I've found two used copies locally, and the cases looked like they'd been run over by a car, the person heard a noise, and then backed up over it again to find out what the noise was. I was too scared to even look at the disc.

I was lucky and found a used complete copy, pur + 20% coupon = less than $3. I'm happy! Thanks OP!!!

BTW, what's wrong with REZ HD? The loading is crazy long, and it always stutters right at the beginning of a stage. It's fine during gameplay, but the stutters remained even after I installed the game!

I have to dig out my PS2 version to see if it's the same, surely the X360 should perform better right? The graphics is not really that much different to make the X360 perform worse than PS2?

[quote name='Asgardian']I was lucky and found a used complete copy, pur + 20% coupon = less than $3. I'm happy! Thanks OP!!!

BTW, what's wrong with REZ HD? The loading is crazy long, and it always stutters right at the beginning of a stage. It's fine during gameplay, but the stutters remained even after I installed the game!

I have to dig out my PS2 version to see if it's the same, surely the X360 should perform better right? The graphics is not really that much different to make the X360 perform worse than PS2?[/QUOTE]
It always loads from a disc even if you install the game to the hard drive. That's what causes the stutters.

[quote name='Doomed']It always loads from a disc even if you install the game to the hard drive. That's what causes the stutters.[/QUOTE]

Really? So installing it just wasted my time and HD space? That's very stupid... Thanks for the info, I'll delete the install!

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I just put a new copy on hold to pick up tomorrow, it's definitely gonna be the same $5 price in-store as online, correct?[/QUOTE]

yes, that's correct.

[quote name='Asgardian']I was lucky and found a used complete copy, pur + 20% coupon = less than $3. I'm happy! Thanks OP!!!

I have to dig out my PS2 version to see if it's the same, surely the X360 should perform better right? The graphics is not really that much different to make the X360 perform worse than PS2?[/QUOTE]
Oh, glad to know that isn't just me. I have an old style Xbox 360 and thought it was dying.

Not a big fan of new games that have already been opened, but for $5 I'm not going to complain too much. Picked it up yesterday. I don't even know what any of the games are, but multiple games for $5 is my sweet spot for not caring. :)

bread's done
Back