* * * * - 1 votes

Class of Heroes 2 PSP Physical Signup *2,500 Reached!"

#181 Satchslashriani   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Satchslashriani

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Pretty excited that this is happening. I was an original kickstarter backer that was pretty bummed when it didn't meet 500k. Anyone here know what Gaijin or Monkeypaw is doing to figure out who was a kickstarter backer?

#182 Bluejuan85   Red Savarin CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Bluejuan85

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

is this compatible with the PS Vita?

It will definitely be compatible with the Vita. I signed up a while ago but forgot exactly when well anyways just did my support and I'm excited. Physical + Digital is a goodie to me just put the physical away for safe keeping and use the digital for my Vita.

#183 Paco   GO TEAM GIRTH! CAGiversary!   4016 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Yup. This is a case where we want there to be El Hoardo's.
Will only help make this more of a success.

You rang? Either case, I'm still not going to get one. I want dungeon crawls for the Vita.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#184 worrybomb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Pretty excited that this is happening. I was an original kickstarter backer that was pretty bummed when it didn't meet 500k. Anyone here know what Gaijin or Monkeypaw is doing to figure out who was a kickstarter backer?

While it's not confirmed, I'm pretty sure Vic from Gaijinworks will send an update to all Kickstarter backers via e-mail. There will be 2 preorder links: one for KS supporters and the other for everyone else. I'm sure for the KS supporters, he'll match up the e-mail of the KS to the one placed on the order.

#185 Jeatsee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

Now I kinda want to play the first one...seems like it got pretty poor reviews though. I hope this one fares better.

vic said the second one is better (i havent played the original im just jumping into 2) and i think there is a 3rd one that he would want to bring over that he is a fan of. from the gaf thread someone asks

"Any chance you can convince atlus to put Class Of Heroes 1 on sale on US PSN? Tie in with the release of the sequel :)"

"Mrm...not sure I want to recommend that action to all but the most completionist players. The story DOES tie back to the first game, but that first CoH is SO hard to get through, I can't really recommend it."

#186 worrybomb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Well since CoH2 is pretty much a month away, at most, for a release and that this campaign got a lot of buzz for the past 7 days, it would be smart of Atlus to put out a stealth sale of CoH 1 around the same week as CoH 2's release onto the Playstation Store. Still, we'll see.

#187 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35043 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Time and Eternity
PS3

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

vic said the second one is better (i havent played the original im just jumping into 2) and i think there is a 3rd one that he would want to bring over that he is a fan of. from the gaf thread someone asks

"Any chance you can convince atlus to put Class Of Heroes 1 on sale on US PSN? Tie in with the release of the sequel :)"

"Mrm...not sure I want to recommend that action to all but the most completionist players. The story DOES tie back to the first game, but that first CoH is SO hard to get through, I can't really recommend it."

CoH2 must be a pretty big improvement then if he likes it so much.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

#188 MetalmanTN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

MetalmanTN

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

*insertitshappening.gif*

Congrats to everyone who supported and thanks to the mods here that kept this up for the past 7 days! =]
Still, people who didn't sign up should still go ahead and do it. The more people signing-up will mean the more copies Vic can manufacture, which will lead to everyone getting a copy for their library of games.

I could not agree more! I'm glad some people believe that being able to purchase one of the rarest UMD's ever for a meager $35 is a deal. The fact that it's a good game and comes with an additional download code is just icing on the cake.

Very soon we should get the opportunity to vote on the cover art!

#189 TheMightySlinky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

TheMightySlinky

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

How do you set up a Amazon Payments account?

#190 Xombie007   CAG Veteran Silenced   108 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Xombie007

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

How do you set up a Amazon Payments account?

^ Actually, this does concern me a little bit. If GaijinWorks is going to handle the sales themselves, why won't they accept payments from PayPal, or credit/debit cards directly for that matter (like any other merchant would)? Does Amazon Payments offer sellers some added benefit or something?

#191 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   964 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

^ Actually, this does concern me a little bit. If GaijinWorks is going to handle the sales themselves, why won't they accept payments from PayPal, or credit/debit cards directly for that matter (like any other merchant would)? Does Amazon Payments offer sellers some added benefit or something?

Do you have your credit card info saved already onto your amazon account? You know like when you buy stuff? Because if so when the pre-orders show up just use the email and password you use for your Amazon account and it will automatically take the $35 as if you actually bought something from Amazon not that difficult.

#192 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9880 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

;)
"Evil is Funs"

#193 Xombie007   CAG Veteran Silenced   108 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Xombie007

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Do you have your credit card info saved already onto your amazon account? You know like when you buy stuff? Because if so when the pre-orders show up just use the email and password you use for your Amazon account and it will automatically take the $35 as if you actually bought something from Amazon not that difficult.

I wasn't questioning the "difficulty" or complexity of signing up for/using Amazon payments, but rather WHY GaijinWorks is insisting on this form of payment rather than the more traditionally recognized methods (credit/debit cards, PayPal, etc.).

#194 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   964 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

I wasn't questioning the "difficulty" or complexity of signing up for/using Amazon payments, but rather WHY GaijinWorks is insisting on this form of payment rather than the more traditionally recognized methods (credit/debit cards, PayPal, etc.).

Nut sure but I honestly prefer it I do not care for paypal very much only used it once and that was enough for me and being able to just sign in to my amazon account helps considering i'm just too lazy to put in every piece of credit card info on sites over and over again so this is pretty handy for me.

#195 dallow   By Kaz! CAGiversary!   30342 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Less fees via Amazon.

#196 monkeymanofmars   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

monkeymanofmars

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Is the physical for only those who sign up or will it be readily available? I wouldn't mind getting it, just don't exactly have the funds right now

#197 worrybomb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Is the physical for only those who sign up or will it be readily available? I wouldn't mind getting it, just don't exactly have the funds right now

It will be readily available for anyone to pre-order on Monday, according to Victor of Gaijinworks. The campaign was to find out if at least 2,500 people are interested in the physical UMD box copy + digital download. However, it'll be best to sign up at their website because he'll be sending the preorder links to everyone who signed up, though I'm sure people will be linking it all around.

The preorder phase will last 7 - 10 days and then, it'll come to a close. No more reprints. Thus, why it'll be a collector's item in the near future, especially the Kickstarter copies with the special UMD artowrk.

#198 Xombie007   CAG Veteran Silenced   108 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Xombie007

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Less fees via Amazon.

^ Yeah, I figured it might be that.

But as a BUYER, what concerns me is that credit card companies and PayPal offer buyer protection incase I'm not satisfied with my purchase. Does Amazon Payments afford the same protection incase I don't like what I receive, and want to return my order? Amazon already has a nasty habit of banning buyers if they don't just quietly accept whatever the seller sends them.

#199 worrybomb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Too bad that's all the game has going for itself is being a rare collectible. In general the game will probably suck.

I won't pass judgment on the game until I played it. From the videos I saw of Atlus' localization of CoH to what I read on all the details Gaijinworks did to make CoH2 more accessible, there's a good chance I might end up liking it. Then again, I like dungeon crawlers (though it is not my favorite RPG genre). Now if you're not a fan of those type of games, I doubt CoH2 will be the gamechanger you're looking for.

#200 Fabrizo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

I'm a huge psp and retail-games supporter, but I didn't put down any money on the kickstarter either because I felt like there was just too much wrong with it at the time. Now it looks like it'll be ebay or nothing to get that version :T

#201 gordo789   Freebasing Deals CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

gordo789

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

I'm in for one. This game looks pretty good and it'll be pretty rare.
Visit my website: Gaijin Densetsu!
Posted Image

#202 MarshMan34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Does anyone know how the amazon payments link will work for this?
They say they will send a link and I would guess it links you to the game and you can add it to the cart.
Other question then is how do you pay for the game? Can you use Credit Cart or paypal or do you have to give bank account? If you have to give bank account info, how long does it take for amazon payments to verify?

#203 TimesTicking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

TimesTicking

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

I know that Amazon won't charge your bank account until the item is shipped.

Also, any chance they might give you a code for the first game? XD

#204 Callidus   Collectaholic CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Mario Kart 8
Wii U

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

That's Amazon's ordering policy which is not the same as Amazon Payments.

Amazon payments are paid immediately, just like PayPal.

37970.png
My Game Collection

Switch to DISH and get a $100 pre-paid gift card and $50 off your first bill with one of the Refer a Friend codes below!

VCD0012429067       VCD0012429059           VCD0012429075

#205 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3373 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Wishful thinking at this point. =) Go get it at gamestop used for $10.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#206 ea_woods   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ea_woods

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

I played the first one. I did not think it was very good. Coupled with the fact that it was incredibly difficult, I gave up about 7-8 hours in.

#207 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3512 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

^ Yeah, I figured it might be that.

But as a BUYER, what concerns me is that credit card companies and PayPal offer buyer protection incase I'm not satisfied with my purchase. Does Amazon Payments afford the same protection incase I don't like what I receive, and want to return my order? Amazon already has a nasty habit of banning buyers if they don't just quietly accept whatever the seller sends them.

Paypal protection can be a joke at times why i avoid them now. The company is good at stealing to. Who ya gonna call when they delay refund 30+ days then my bank wont reverse after so long. Sooner later people learn to hate payscam.

#208 MrBonk   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   617 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

So glad we got to 2500.

#209 SynGamer   Welcome to Night Vale CAGiversary!   8573 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

I got a reply regarding Vita compatibility and they said:

@gaijin4life @SynGamer Until we pass Q/A that's not for sure, but our goal is vita compatibility, so we're doing what we have to so it is.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#210 Xombie007   CAG Veteran Silenced   108 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Xombie007

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Paypal protection can be a joke at times why i avoid them now. The company is good at stealing to. Who ya gonna call when they delay refund 30+ days then my bank wont reverse after so long. Sooner later people learn to hate payscam.

When was the last time you used PayPal? Nowadays, they're HEAVILY in favor of buyers, and if you're not satisfied with your purchase, you're definitely going to get your money back. And that's not all... you can also go through your credit card co. or bank, and do a chargeback through PayPal incase you didn't meet the deadline in submitting your case with PayPal directly.

So PayPal definitely has the buyers' backs, which is why I would want them to be a payment option in any transaction where I'm the buyer. I'm more than a bit concerned now that Amazon Payments may not have these same protection policies for buyers as PayPal would.