A good rpg for $30 on 360.

Lost Odyssey is probably the game that I would recommend the most, Eternal Sonata was also a fun one within that price range.

[quote name='62t']Just about every Xbox 360 can be brought for about $30.[/QUOTE]

Really looking at Dragon's Dogma. Any hints on how to pick it up for $30?

[quote name='HDTVDinner']Really looking at Dragon's Dogma. Any hints on how to pick it up for $30?[/QUOTE]

$32 at amazon with free shipping.

[quote name='muscles_soccer']I didn't think I would like it, but Demon Souls has me addicted to it and you can pick it up for under 20 at GameStop[/QUOTE]

Demon Soul isnt on Xbox 360

[quote name='burritoman']
Star Ocean Last Hope International[/QUOTE]

The "International Edition" of "The Last Hope" is PS3 only.

It comes down to what style of RPG do you want to play? Western (US and UK) or Eastern (Japan)? I will only list the ones I think might be worth some time (I play more of em but I can tolerate meh games).

Western Style
Skyrim
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Dragons' Dogma (listed here as it is a bit more like a western rpg)
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect 1

Eastern Style
Eternal Sonata
Lost Odyssey
Star Ocean: Last Hope
Resonance of Fate

I'm going to list another category here because it is a blend of RPG and Action, and that is Adventure. Faster paced than RPG but still fun. It seems to be primarily a western focus on the Xbox. These are also your Zelda games, but eastern game developers don't bring them to the Xbox much (PS3 is the Eastern RPG/Adventure system.) These can get a bit repetitive since some RPG elements are misused in Adventure games.

Western Adventure
Fable 2
Kingdoms of Amalur
Witcher 2 (I haven't played it yet so I have a hard time placing if it's an Adventure or RPG)
Darksiders 1 or 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Dark Souls (Eastern done somewhat Western but done very well, and hard, something Western developers don't typically like to do)
Mass Effect 2 (when you take out the dice rolling of combat and make it skill shot you take enough "RPG" out and make it an adventure)

Also, if you want to learn more about the RPGs out there and want to avoid IGN, Gamespot and the other types of reviews go to http://www.rpgamer.com/. They have been around since 1998.

Tales of vesperia
Witcher 2
Lost odyssey
Dark souls
Dragon age ultimate edition
Dragons dogma
Mass effect 1,2 or 3
Star ocean
Eternal sonata
Some downloadable ones:
Dust:an Elysian tale
Torchlight
Penny arcade episode 3
Breath of death 8
Cthulu saves the world, or something like that
And a few others can't remember the names of

Tales of vesperia isn't much over $30. Also Blue Dragon was a fun RPG with great artwork that you can get for under $10. Other than that there's Lost Oddysey, Resonance of Fate, Record of Agarest War 1/2/Zero, Star Ocean Last Hope and Eternal Sonata.

Fourth vote for Lost Odyssey.

But I suppose it really depends on your tastes (Western vs JRPG). Also, if you are considering Dragon's Dogma, you might want to wait for the "complete" edition that is coming later this year.

If you want a game similar to that I would probably recommend Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Good luck there's a lot to choose from.

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']I'd buy for Skyrim for 20, anyone know of any deals?[/QUOTE]

Look on eBay for people selling the DLC code from the current 360 bundle.

I got Halo Reach for $10 that way last year.

edit - Actually, I got it here for $10 that way, still, same idea.

I'd avoid Star Ocean: LH for Xbox 360, too much disk swapping and far from the best game in the series. Get it for PS3 if possible, if you really want it.
I'd actually advise Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, the Zeboyd RPGs, and Fallout 3 GotY.

Exclusives:
Lost Odyssey
Magna Carta 2
Tales of Vesperia

Non Exclusives:
Dragon Age / Dragon Age 2
Nier
SKyrim
Fallout 3 / Fallout: New Vegas

[quote name='Halo05']Look on eBay for people selling the DLC code from the current 360 bundle.

I got Halo Reach for $10 that way last year.

edit - Actually, I got it here for $10 that way, still, same idea.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i looked into that but i don't have the required space so I need a physical copy.

[quote name='watcher0']I'd avoid Star Ocean: LH for Xbox 360, too much disk swapping and far from the best game in the series. Get it for PS3 if possible, if you really want it.
[/QUOTE]

The graphics is worst on Star Ocean PS3.

Okay. Looking for western action/rpg stuff. What about xbla games? I really liked D&D Daggerdale, and torchlight. Any suggestions as far as Crimson Alliance or RAW?

[quote name='HDTVDinner']Gimme ideas! Sell me something![/QUOTE]

like other here said. Tales of vesperia is really good.

If u like turn base (FFT) then record of agarest zero is great too.

bread's done
Back