Wii U Basic $275, Wii U Pro Controller 3rd Party $34.99 @ Target & Sonic Gen. 3DS $16

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Just saw this at Target. They also had some other Wii U accessories marked down (screen protecter, chat headset, etc.).

imag0081o.jpg

imag0083rhl.jpg

It has been confirmed that this is for a 3rd party controller. Not the Nintendo brand. Be on the lookout for mistagged items. The first party were tagged with this in my store. They should honor.

On an unrelated note, they also have Sonic Generations for :3ds: on sale for $16.

imag0082k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maximumzero']Interesting. I had no interest in a Pro Controller yet, but I may as well snag one while they're on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure I'll want one eventually.

strange that the regular price for the Pro Controller shows $39.99..thought MSRP was supposed to be $50...really need to pick one up, thanks OP!

[quote name='token2k6']strange that the regular price for the Pro Controller shows $39.99..thought MSRP was supposed to be $50...really need to pick one up, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I thought so too. It's more like $15 off.

Must resist... And I have a target credit card. Still must resist and wait it out for at least a special edition with a good game I want.

Was at target today and saw the same price for sonic generations. Didn't see it for the wii u or controller but i didn't look either.

Will for sure go back and check though for the pro controller.

[quote name='theking20']The fuck, I paid $50 for the pro controller and it's still sealed!

$35 is a steal 0_o[/QUOTE]

why would u buy something at msrp when u don't even use it right away? it's your own fault. ;-)

And this is definitely YMMV considering TPCs are generated from local competition.

I had to track a local walmarts prices when I had worked for Target. It sucked and I stopped doing it after a month. 500 - 1000 items a week and mostly medicine. (Which was the worse).

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Big box stores don't carry those, not yet anyway. They're not Wii U Pro Controllers, they're just wireless classic controllers[/QUOTE]

I've seen the controller from the Amazon link in both Gamestop & Target stores.

I'd wager that the "pro" controller is the third party one mentioned above. They DO sell them at target and for 39.99. And as has been stated countless times, this "pro" controller doesn't function as a Pro controller, it's a mishmash of a wiimote and a classic controller.

Yeah, it's better to get the CC pro and combine it with the Wiimote you already have. Reviews are saying the third party one, despite looking like an SNES controller, is crap, especially when one needs to constantly reconnect.

Wish you could use the WiiU Pro controller for Wii games. Playing through The Last Story and I would like to have a Pro controller, and not have to pick up the Wii one and WiiU one later on.

[quote name='kidkash03']Wish you could use the WiiU Pro controller for Wii games. Playing through The Last Story and I would like to have a Pro controller, and not have to pick up the Wii one and WiiU one later on.[/QUOTE]

The Classic Controller Pro is only $20 and it works with most of the Wii U software that also supports the Pro controller, in my experience. (Call of Duty/Sonic Racing being those experiences.)

[quote name='TheBigHouse']I had to go to Target anyway this morning, so I checked it out. It's definitely the third party controller. DPCI is 207-00-0378.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. You saved me a trip. I was skeptical mainly because the Wii U Pro controller is normally $49.99, not $39.99 like the OP says. The lowest I have seen the Wii U pro at is $43.99, and that price is still live right now.

[quote name='BNoyes']This is tempting. I'm in the market for a Wii U, but I'd prefer the Deluxe, so I think I'll wait for the Zombi U bundle.[/QUOTE]Save your money. There is absolutely no reason to get a Wii U now. I bought mine day 1 and it is almost as bad as the PSP purchase I bought sometime ago. I should have waited. Also I have the Pro Controller also. Tried to use it with Madden and it was a lil weird with the buttons under both analog sticks. I just went back to the Gamepad. There is no reason to get the Pro Controller now, even if you have the Wii U. Just stick with the regular nunchuck.

[quote name='Mikeatris']Save your money. There is absolutely no reason to get a Wii U now. I bought mine day 1 and it is almost as bad as the PSP purchase I bought sometime ago. I should have waited. Also I have the Pro Controller also. Tried to use it with Madden and it was a lil weird with the buttons under both analog sticks. I just went back to the Gamepad. There is no reason to get the Pro Controller now, even if you have the Wii U. Just stick with the regular nunchuck.[/QUOTE]

Craziness to say no reason to have a Wii U now. I use mine daily.

Zombi U bundle is obviously the way to go. If I could have, that is what I would have done in a heartbeat.

I'm a bit confused... the pro controller is 'weird' because the buttons are under the stick, so you went back to the gamepad which is set up exactly the same way?

Regardless, the pro controller is a great investment, but that totally depends on the games you're interested in. I use mine quite a bit for CoD, Tekken, and Ninja Gaiden. I've honestly used the hell out of it. It's also helpful for local CoD multiplayer, since people are generally more comfortable with a controller than the remote/nunchuk combo. I wouldn't recommend it as a total blind-buy when purchasing the console, but it's great to have for specific games. I felt I got my $50 of use with NG3 alone.

[quote name='Mikeatris']Save your money. There is absolutely no reason to get a Wii U now. I bought mine day 1 and it is almost as bad as the PSP purchase I bought sometime ago. I should have waited. Also I have the Pro Controller also. Tried to use it with Madden and it was a lil weird with the buttons under both analog sticks. I just went back to the Gamepad. There is no reason to get the Pro Controller now, even if you have the Wii U. Just stick with the regular nunchuck.[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying, and you're not entirely wrong. I'm well aware of the lack of games, both currently released and upcoming, and the fact that I could wait for a price drop. But I've got the money, and my girlfriend is actually interested in playing games like Zombi U, NSMBU, and the upcoming Lego game, so I think it's worth it. I have the other consoles and a PC, so it's not like I'll be suffering from a lack of options. Also, I'm not planning on playing anything but exclusives on the Wii U, so I won't be having problems with games like Madden, and I don't have a wii-mote and nunchuck, so I do want a pro controller.

This is unfortunately going to drag this thread off-topic, but I have to ask:

If there's "absolutely no reason" to get a Wii U, why did you buy yours on launch day?

For me, Nintendo consoles are for Nintendo exclusive games. All the other third party drama I only get them for my PS3 unless there's like some sort of exclusive features for the Wii U or something that I'm like "OMG."

You know, games like the Mario's, and the Zelda's, and the Metroid's and what not.

[quote name='BNoyes']I hear what you're saying, and you're not entirely wrong. I'm well aware of the lack of games, both currently released and upcoming, and the fact that I could wait for a price drop. But I've got the money, and my girlfriend is actually interested in playing games like Zombi U, NSMBU, and the upcoming Lego game, so I think it's worth it. I have the other consoles and a PC, so it's not like I'll be suffering from a lack of options. Also, I'm not planning on playing anything but exclusives on the Wii U, so I won't be having problems with games like Madden, and I don't have a wii-mote and nunchuck, so I do want a pro controller.[/QUOTE]
The controller doesn't work with NSMBU.

[quote name='maximumzero']This is unfortunately going to drag this thread off-topic, but I have to ask:

If there's "absolutely no reason" to get a Wii U, why did you buy yours on launch day?[/QUOTE]

Sounded like he wishes he had waited. I imagine he didn't expect the Wii U to be as bad as it's been. And it's been pretty bad.

As to the OP, I can't say I'm surprised they're shedding some inventory of the non-bundle at a discount. The non-bundle without Nintendoland is a pretty terrible deal and it's a bad color, too, so what do you expect except it sitting on the shelves collecting dust.

I remember when Nintendo released the Wii, everyone kept saying, "But why doesn't it come in black?" When it released in black, Nintendo had an explosion of Wii sales of people crying out in joy and replacing white Wii's with identical except black Wii's. The white ones were either taken out back, told to look at the sunset and shot in the back of the head in a mercy killing.

Or sold to Gamestop where they watched lots of the other toys get chosen and taken away while they sat on the shelf of misfit toys along with the nGage, original white Xbox 360 Core (the one without the hard drive) or the original Xbox 360 Pro (20 GB hd, white, probably after the Slim launched), and the PSP Brothers: PSPGo and PSVita.

I'd wait longer, though. Larger price cuts are bound to be coming. History is repeating itself. 3DS was tanking. What did they do? First, a Zelda remake of a classic in higher resolution. Then announce a price cut and offer a new 3D Mario plus a classic Nintendo title in time for the holidays. That, my friends, is The 3DS Solution.

The Wii U has that Zelda remake of a classic coming. Next will come the price drop and Mario with classic franchise getting a new update, too. Just in time for the holidays and the next Xbox and Playstation. Why buy now when there are arguably no games worth buying that won't be cheaper after the price drop? Certainly, NSMB U doesn't demand to be played right away when you have a bajillion other NSMB's to play on other Nintendo consoles or, hell, you can go back and play the classics that inspired them that are probably better anyway for a lot less.

There's no price cut coming this year and OoT was planned before 3DS launched. Retailers are cutting Basic prices because many people chose the deluxe version.

Yes, those games are coming, but they were always coming. This is not a last minute scrabble to seem relevant, it's the result of poor planning and an early launch.

[quote name='maximumzero']The Classic Controller Pro is only $20 and it works with most of the Wii U software that also supports the Pro controller, in my experience. (Call of Duty/Sonic Racing being those experiences.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the CCP still has to have a Wii remote hanging off it

Speak for yourself. Despite the lack of software coming this month I've been really happy with my purchase. March should be a good month with Lego GTA and MonHun.

[quote name='aramsey1986']man if only this worked for Wii games I just cracked open last story and Xenoblade.[/QUOTE]

well if that post about it being a different controller than the nintendo brand.. the "controller pro u" then really you could use the controller for the last story and for xenoblade. and the controller would work for wii and sum wii u games.. but not as a wii u pro controller. it will be recognized as wii classic controller pro if the wii u game supports that controller.

bread's done
Back