Cleaning Super NES Slot

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
How do you clean your Super NES cartridge slot on the system itself? I was thinking of putting some rubbing alcohol on one of my carts and inserting it many times into the SNES slot. I heard you can use a credit card but I'm not sure what to use with it.

That's what I do. I use a shitty cart and soak it with 90%. Insert in out in out . Clean with q-tip. Repeat.

[quote name='TiKi2']That's what I do. I use a shitty cart and soak it with 90%. Insert in out in out . Clean with q-tip. Repeat.[/QUOTE]

90%? So you clean the cart with a q-tip in between?

[quote name='KillerRamen']Nintendo also made those breakaway cartridge things. I have one for my NES and I think they're fairly cheap.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I meant 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. I wouldn't use 70% alcohol. I qtip alcohol on the cart and stick it in and out a few times then qtip the cart/clean the pins then stick it in and out a few more times.

[quote name='J7.']I have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

This is what he's talking about, I think he meant to say SNES.

$T2eC16FHJG8E9nyfmF(rBQu4n7(Qn!~~60_35.JPG

[quote name='TiKi2']I meant 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. I wouldn't use 70% alcohol. I qtip alcohol on the cart and stick it in and out a few times then qtip the cart/clean the pins then stick it in and out a few more times.[/QUOTE]

Oh my bad. That's what I'm gonna do then.

[quote name='FOnewearl']This is what he's talking about, I think he meant to say SNES.

[/QUOTE]

Oh I used to have that. I bought it because of my experiences with the NES and trying to compete with my friends collections, it looked like a game on the shelf :lol:

[quote name='FOnewearl']This is what he's talking about, I think he meant to say SNES.

[/QUOTE]

800px-NES_Cleaning_Kit.JPG

I actually only have the one for the NES, but I knew the SNES had one too.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I actually only have the one for the NES, but I knew the SNES had one too.[/QUOTE]

I never realized that the NES one also opened up and had stuff inside to clean NES games, hence the reason I thought you meant SNES.

I've got system cleaning carts for SNES, NES, and Game Boy- but before I got ahold of them, I'd take an old credit card, wrap it in dry CD wipes, and spray that with the alcohol. It's not the best- the wipes tend to shift- but it'll do in a pinch.

bread's done
Back