Issues with Playstation 3 Controller

Luxuria

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
So I'm having issues with my DS PS3 controller. When I plug in the USB to try and charge it, it doesn't do so. Under controller battery, it just has a '-'. I've tried plugging it in both USB ports, as well as my computer, but to no avail. I also noticed that the controller turns off when it vibrates. I'm not sure what could be causing that (battery, maybe?). Any help would be appreciated.

I had a controller die on me the other day. Literally it was plugged into the USB port and it shut off. It does not turn on anymore at all. No clue what happened. Maybe it is just old and worn out.

Did you try a different cable? I bought a cable off eBay that did that. It wouldn't charge and had a "-" symbol on the screen.

If that doesn't work then it might be time to get a new one.

Anyone know how to fix the analog sticks? Sometimes when using the analog, the buttons seem to get pressed. Like if I press R3, x or o or some shit would act like it got pressed. I have two of them like that and can't use them for a lot of games.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Anyone know how to fix the analog sticks? Sometimes when using the analog, the buttons seem to get pressed. Like if I press R3, x or o or some shit would act like it got pressed. I have two of them like that and can't use them for a lot of games.[/QUOTE]

I was having issues with one of my DS3 controllers when playing Dark Souls. I used the reset button on the bottom of the controller. Just put a paper clip in the reset hole until you hear a button click. Then connect it back to the USB cable and press the PS button. My controller works like new now. Hope this helps.

Managed to figure out what the problem was. Yeah... it was the charging cable. Ended up ordering one. Thanks for the help. :3

bread's done
Back