Hard drive for PS3

scott2hotcott

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
I have one of the original 60 gb PS3s. A couple of days ago, I was about to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but I couldn't...my hard drive was full. I only have 1 downloaded game on it. Everything else is game saves and PS1/PS2 memory cards.

What type of hard drive should I be looking for? Also, what should I expect to pay for something in the 500 gb range?

You'll need a 2.5 SATA 500gb HDD.

The cost for a 500gb would be $60ish.
Addanother $20-$40 and you can possibly purchase a 1tb.

Though on a sale you could probably find them cheaper.
Newegg.com has some good deals.

[quote name='Mrkjulio']You'll need a 2.5 SATA 500gb HDD.

The cost for a 500gb would be $60ish.
Addanother $20-$40 and you can possibly purchase a 1tb.

Though on a sale you could probably find them cheaper.
Newegg.com has some good deals.[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks. I don't know very much about hard drives, but I figured there was a certain type that I needed. I figured Newegg and Amazon would be the first places I would look.

Don't forget TigerDirect either - prices right in line with Newegg or slightly better. The only boon for Amazon is if you're a Prime member. Installation is a breeze, but remember to back up your game saves and other data.

[quote name='SilentBob50023']Don't forget TigerDirect either - prices right in line with Newegg or slightly better. The only boon for Amazon is if you're a Prime member. Installation is a breeze, but remember to back up your game saves and other data.[/QUOTE]

I ended up ordering one from Amazon for $57.09. I do have Prime and an Amazon Rewards Visa. I read a bunch of reviews, and lots of people mentioned backing up saves and everything. The hard drive should be here on Saturday. Thanks for the help!

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I ended up ordering one from Amazon for $57.09. I do have Prime and an Amazon Rewards Visa. I read a bunch of reviews, and lots of people mentioned backing up saves and everything. The hard drive should be here on Saturday. Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

The whole process takes no more than 10 minutes. Pretty straight foward. Backup system, swap harddrive then restore.

bread's done
Back