NewEgg Game Deals every Tuesday (2/12/13: $10 gift card on select $39.99+ pre-orders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
696x288.jpg

www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=ppsszxgcpreordersalexz&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=100

*CAG's auto referral system is killing the link. Just copy and paste the link to see the list of titles instead of clicking it.

Pre-ordered Luigi's Mansion with the 10 dollar gift card. Better than nothing, but I'm hoping the 10 off 39.99+ comes back before the ship date.

[quote name='yokofox33']Pre-ordered Luigi's Mansion with the 10 dollar gift card. Better than nothing, but I'm hoping the 10 off 39.99+ comes back before the ship date.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad deal, grabbed one also. Too bad you can't use ShopRunner on it.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Not a bad deal, grabbed one also. Too bad you can't use ShopRunner on it.[/QUOTE]

In my experience shoprunner only works once the game has been released; I've never gotten it to work on a preorder before through Newegg.

[quote name='Rsmobile']$10 GC is better than any other MGR offer to my knowledge[/QUOTE]

$20 GC for Best Buy Gamer Club Unlocked members when pre-ordering MGR.

I think if people keep pestering Amazon , they might come around and match this offer. I just did. They already checked but don't think enough people have done the same, so no offer yet.

Also , I tried them to give 10$ credit on all games not just the ones listed by giving them individual links. They were almost convinced. Need a lil more push. People who are waiting to pre order stuff from Amazon should try this.

10 off of 39.99 is 25% off, what the hell are you complaining about?? In 4 1 for Castlevania Mirror of Fate. And newegg has no tax, win win situation.

I was hoping for a deal like this on Animal Crossing. Thanks!

Not a bad deal on Castlevania 3DS either, but I'm going to play the waiting game on that one. I'm more a fan of classic Castlevania, and not the first Lords of Shadow, so I'm not sure how this mix will turn out.

Finally! Been waiting for one of those $10 off deals! I guess the gift card is just as good.

Pre-ordered Luigi's Mansion and 2 copies of Animal Crossing.

Not a terrible deal, God of War Ascension LE comes with $10. I don't think BB's deal covers the LE so that's a good deal. Already have Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing pre-ordered from last year's $10 off code so this is just as good (sort of). Thanks OP! Wondering what next week's deals will be!

Hoping more titles get added, I already have GTA5 and Last of US preordered for 44.99 from them from a previous deal.

[quote name='mitnosi']Hoping more titles get added, I already have GTA5 and Last of US preordered for 44.99 from them from a previous deal.[/QUOTE]

Damn, when did they have Last of Us for $44.99?

[quote name='Orgymang']Damn, when did they have Last of Us for $44.99?[/QUOTE]
Sometime last year they had a $15 off $60 preorders. I put in several back then. Last of Us was just one of the ones I made. I also was able to get Ni No Kuni for $45 from that deal also.

Newegg was the best for preordering niche titles, but now it's fallen off. They need to bring back the $10-12 off preorders.

i'm seriously prodding this amazon rep esp after he double credited me on an issue and i pointed out his error and had him fix it so i paid the correct albeit higher price

of course he was one of the incompetent ones

[quote name='mitnosi']Hoping more titles get added, I already have GTA5 and Last of US preordered for 44.99 from them from a previous deal.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking, this is a nice deal if it stacks with the $44.99 preorder prices from last year. Unfortunately for me I already moved all of my old Newegg preorders to Best Buy and MS Store.

Does NewEgg work like Amazon, where other pre-order promotions can be added to previous orders? I'm not seeing anything about a pre-order guarantee like Amazon would have. That'd be nice if the $10 credit came with the $44.99 price, but I'm just wondering if you only get one offer.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Does NewEgg work like Amazon, where other pre-order promotions can be added to previous orders? I'm not seeing anything about a pre-order guarantee like Amazon would have. That'd be nice if the $10 credit came with the $44.99 price, but I'm just wondering if you only get one offer.[/QUOTE]

No you have to cancel and re-order any titles to get the latest promotion.

I Pre-ordered Sly Cooper 4 with the $15 off promo but then they lowered the msrp to $39.99 and I was told i would have to cancel and re-order to get the new price which would mean i lost the $15 off promo. So i just cancelled my whole order instead.

I would have preordered GTA5 and The Last of Us last year if I knew they were going to get rid of the $10-$15 off preorder model. I've never liked the preorder and get credit model because it means you have money tied up with whoever and can't use elsewhere.

[quote name='Layd Dly']No you have to cancel and re-order any titles to get the latest promotion.

I Pre-ordered Sly Cooper 4 with the $15 off promo but then they lowered the msrp to $39.99 and I was told i would have to cancel and re-order to get the new price which would mean i lost the $15 off promo. So i just cancelled my whole order instead.[/QUOTE]

They lied. I did the same thing and got the game for $25.

i bit on luigi and animal crossing the way i look at it is i'm getting 100 bucks worth of games 2 preorders and than a 20 dollar game for 70 which isnt the worst deal for new games

[quote name='jwk94']What does it mean when it says you'll receive it 4 days after the invoice?[/QUOTE]

They email you the invoice after the item ships (ie- when your card is charged). So you'll get the gift card 4 days after the item ships to your address.

NewEgg has good shipping except for anything that releases on a Sunday (Nintendo games typically) take longer to recieve, usually Wednesday or Thursday.

But whenever I order a game that releases on a Tuesday - Friday I get it the day of release, with the free shipping.

[quote name='mbrown3']Newegg's shipping is SO SLOW, though, so no deal is worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

I usually get the games 2 days after release.

Bumping a some-what old topic with reason:

Did anybody get their gift card yet for LM2: DM?

Or can anyone confirm that you get it 4 DAYS AFTER the game ARRIVES at your address? Seen it on a post here but >_> I think it would be rather you would get it 4 days after the invoice is sent to your email.

Meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there were offering a $10 gift card for Tomb Raider, but I bought it using a $12 off code, price came to $48, so I never got the gift card. Dunno if thats correct, I think you only get gift card if you pay full MSRP? Don't know. Anyhow, Luigi should arrive today for me, but I don't expect a gift card with it personally since I got it from a similar instant $ off deal.

[quote name='ckc4043']Will just dance 4 drop lower like just dance 3 $10 last year? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I shook my Magic 8 Ball and it said " Reply hazy, try again".

Second time I got "Signs point to yes".

Hope that helps:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back