Apple® 16GB iPad with Wi-Fi (3rd gen) $299 @ target

thegame956

CAGiversary!
http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/p/apple-16gb-ipad-with-wi-fi-3rd-generation-black-mc705ll-a/-/A-14000303

I know it's not a game, but it does play them. Hope this helps someone.

[quote name='Blaster man']Which generation iPad are they on now?[/QUOTE]

4th gen, 5th is suppose to be announced soon but this is a good deal

Its OOS in most places tho :(

On the website it says price cut so should last until they sell out I hope for a while, waiting for Friday payday to buy one for class.

[quote name='thegame956']On the website it says price cut so should last until they sell out I hope for a while, waiting for Friday payday to buy one for class.[/QUOTE]
Good luck. This has been on SD all day.

[quote name='thegame956']On the website it says price cut so should last until they sell out I hope for a while, waiting for Friday payday to buy one for class.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping the same but I doubt it. Only 1 store has them in stock in my area. All well I'll just wait for the new ipad to come so the current on will drop.

[quote name='thegame956']Will best buy PM this ?[/QUOTE]

BBY policy dictates that it needs to be in-stock at the competitor, ala their site or the nearest store. Seeing as how this is sold out on their site and it's probably OOS at just about every store, you're basically SOL unless you get a VERY generous/ignorant/off-the-book manager.

Also, the little icon above the comment box that looks like two chainlinks is used to make web links clickable, btw. ♫The more you know.♫

EDIT: Just saw your post in another thread asking how to make links from an iPhone, have you tried using the code? It's a little awkward at first but it's pretty straight-forward, at least as far as coding goes.

HTML:
[URL="address-with-these-quotes"]what-the-link-will-say[/URL]
Everything with brackets [] is mandatory for the code, including those brackets.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thegame956']Will best buy PM this ?[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. It's not even on their website anymore. I bought the iPad 2 a few months ago, and I absolutely love it. I use it every day for basic internet searches; gaming, music, and my college textbooks. I also have an HP Touchpad which I don't use anymore. I wish they still supported that thing. But yeah if you can find this iPad in stock, pick one up!

[quote name='Sanges99']BBY policy dictates that it needs to be in-stock at the competitor, ala their site or the nearest store. Seeing as how this is sold out on their site and it's probably OOS at just about every store, you're basically SOL unless you get a VERY generous/ignorant/off-the-book manager.

Also, the little icon above the comment box that looks like two chainlinks is used to make web links clickable, btw. ♫The more you know.♫

EDIT: Just saw your post in another thread asking how to make links from an iPhone, have you tried using the code? It's a little awkward at first but it's pretty straight-forward, at least as far as coding goes.

HTML:
[URL="address-with-these-quotes"]what-the-link-will-say[/URL]
Everything with brackets [] is mandatory for the code, including those brackets.[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot highly appreciated.

I know for a fact I saw at least one of these at my local Target a couple weeks ago. I don't want one, but I know someone who does so I might just get there first thing and see if I can get my hands on one.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Nexus 7, especially since it seems like most tech-savvy people recommend it over all others - and the fact that Newegg finally has the 16GB for $200 shipped (for some reason, they had it for nearly $40 more than MSRP for the longest time).

Anyone here have any experience with these two tablets? I'm assuming not, but I'm on the fence about getting a tablet for both personal and educational use and could use any advice.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I've been toying with the idea of getting a Nexus 7, especially since it seems like most tech-savvy people recommend it over all others - and the fact that Newegg finally has the 16GB for $200 shipped (for some reason, they had it for nearly $40 more than MSRP for the longest time).

Anyone here have any experience with these two tablets? I'm assuming not, but I'm on the fence about getting a tablet for both personal and educational use and could use any advice.[/QUOTE]

I own Ipads, but support Android at work so we have a lot of them. I get to play with Nexus 7 and its pretty nice. Form factor is small tho compared to a standard Ipad. But it feels sturdy and I wouldn't be embarrassed to pull it out thats for sure. If you want Nexus7 size, id surely pick it over an Ipad Mini. But if you want larger tablet size 10in, then Ipad is the better choice right now compared to a Samsung 10in tablet. I suppose it also matters what ecosystem you prefer... but I live in both so I never really consider that a major factor for me.

I have a 32GB 3rd gen that i paid retails for so... 300$ for 16GB 3rd gen Ipad is pretty good deal, they have super nice displays.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I've been toying with the idea of getting a Nexus 7, especially since it seems like most tech-savvy people recommend it over all others - and the fact that Newegg finally has the 16GB for $200 shipped (for some reason, they had it for nearly $40 more than MSRP for the longest time).

Anyone here have any experience with these two tablets? I'm assuming not, but I'm on the fence about getting a tablet for both personal and educational use and could use any advice.[/QUOTE]

Nexus 7 is a great tablet (both are actually, it comes down to preference btwn ecosystems).

I would look for a better price tho (slickdeals imo)

A friend of mine received one for Christmas, and he absolutely loves it. He mainly used it for E-reading; surfing the web, possibly emails, and gaming. It's a great price for a tablet. Pure Android is a plus! I use Android on a daily basis with my Galaxy S3, and I couldn't see myself using any other Smartphone at the moment. If this tablet was available when I bought my HP Touchpad, I would've picked this one up in a heartbeat. There's a ton of apps for productivity as well. It supports flash so there aren't too many websites you wouldn't be able to view. I hope this bit of information helps. I would recommend this over a Kindle Fire any day. Just not worth it in my opinion.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']A friend of mine received one for Christmas, and he absolutely loves it. He mainly used it for E-reading; surfing the web, possibly emails, and gaming. It's a great price for a tablet. Pure Android is a plus! I use Android on a daily basis with my Galaxy S3, and I couldn't see myself using any other Smartphone at the moment. If this tablet was available when I bought my HP Touchpad, I would've picked this one up in a heartbeat. There's a ton of apps for productivity as well. It supports flash so there aren't too many websites you wouldn't be able to view. I hope this bit of information helps. I would recommend this over a Kindle Fire any day. Just not worth it in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Touchpad runs android. Google it.

Nexus 7 is awesome. I think the size is perfect. Typed this on it actually.

[quote name='kilik64']Touchpad runs android. Google it.

Nexus 7 is awesome. I think the size is perfect. Typed this on it actually.[/QUOTE]

I knew that. Just rather not do it at the moment. Cool feature, but I'd rather keep the Touchpad the way it is.

bread's done
Back