Twisted Metal Deals on PSN

filmthedead

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Nice deal going on in celebration of TM PS3's one year birthday. PS1 Classics TM1/TM2 for 4.99 each, TM Black for 7.99, TM PS3 29.99, all 4 games for $39.99.

Deets are here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...first-ps3-birthday-with-series-spanning-sale/

I am very happy about this, because I've been shifting to digital games and I'm trying to be thrifty, so was glad to get TM PS3 for $10 off. Not sure if I'm going to bother to get TM1/TM2.

Not bad for TM1 and 2, tempting but I don't do console digital content and thankfully sony didn't cut PS1 BC for my discs. TM PS3 seems kind of bad in relation to the $40 + White dualshock bundle or TM solo for $20 Best Buy had though.

TM for ps3 i could never find a multiplayer match

I never liked black it never felt right

TW 1 2 3 and 4 were pretty good, 3 was the best =\ I hardly call this a deal unless people really want TW 1 or 2.

I played TM 1 and 2 with my cousins. TM 3 was the first one I owned. I played TM 4 also, but I didn't really like it.

TM Black, in my opinion, was the best TM game, hands down. Had everything I would want in TM. I even had fun beating the game with the slow cars with heavy armor (which I usually hate and refuse to play).

TM 2012/PS3 is really really different, and I could never compare it to the others. I don't really do a lot of online play, so for me that aspect of the game is not an issue. Though, it would have been fun to play as Preacher again.

For me it's really a deal because I want the content digitally. When I am in a bad mood, or just want to relax, or I'm in a lot of pain, it's good to be able to just flip on the PS3 and not worry about finding discs. Also, people who use my PS3 when I am not around tend to just set the discs aside and such, and I'm going to end up losing a game to that one day. I had been hoping that I'd be able to buy the games I want from the PSN and, if I could be patient enough, that they would be somewhat discounted when I did it.

For me this is an awesome deal. I'm probably going to buy TM 1 and 2 so that I can play them on my Vita. I'd get Head On too (I owe the PS2 version but I haven't played it much) but near as I can tell it's not PS Vita compatible. :(

That may have gotten a little off-topic :)

you know at the end of the day... $40 for twisted metal games just isn't a good deal to me. Yes I get the value and the "savings" of this offer.

But I just dont see the real appeal.

I guess I see it as sort of a situation in which if this was something you were going to buy anyway, now is a good time to buy it. I doubt this deal is going to convince anyone who wasn't interested before that it's now suddenly a steal and has totally changed their mind about it.

In terms of the bundle itself, it's a good value, but the individual sale prices are lacking quite a bit.

[quote name='filmthedead']Mind bringing me up to speed on the joke? I won't be offended if it's at my expense.[/QUOTE]

The friskable tanuki usually covers the PSN deals thread. I dunno if he posted this particular deal yet or not.

I've never played a Twisted Metal game. I can imagine the PS1 games look pretty bad on a big screen TV. Anyone care to comment on how they look/play on the Vita and if it's worth getting one or both?

TM2 and Black are both great games, though the fun factor goes up ten-fold if you do co-op mode. TM1 was good when it was released, but offers nothing special compared to the others in hindsight.

And I can see why they didn't include TM3 and TM4, both weren't really that solid of entries (though back in the day I enjoyed them both).

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']TM2 and Black are both great games, though the fun factor goes up ten-fold if you do co-op mode. TM1 was good when it was released, but offers nothing special compared to the others in hindsight.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, might just pick up both :bouncy:

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']TM2 and Black are both great games, though the fun factor goes up ten-fold if you do co-op mode. TM1 was good when it was released, but offers nothing special compared to the others in hindsight.

And I can see why they didn't include TM3 and TM4, both weren't really that solid of entries (though back in the day I enjoyed them both).[/QUOTE]

If I am remembering correctly, the main series is actually TM1, 2, Black, and PS3. Black basically retconned parts 3 & 4 and was the actual sequel to Twisted Metal 2. So I'm guessing that's why they're releasing it in this manner.

Would've been cool to see the Twisted Metal Head On released in its PS2 incarnation for this sale (since this sale is aimed at PS3 users with Head On only having a digital PSP release).

You can probably find Twisted Metal for PS3 at a cheaper price physically, but this is still a good deal, especially if you want to be strictly digital.

While I agree that Twisted Metal 3 and 4 weren't that great, they most likely didn't include them because a re-release would require them to re-license the music tracks.

If you play the Black Rock Stadium level in the new Twisted Metal, one of the quips from the announcer is, "This match makes about as much sense as Twisted Metal III!"

[quote name='darrenf619']If I am remembering correctly, the main series is actually TM1, 2, Black, and PS3. Black basically retconned parts 3 & 4 and was the actual sequel to Twisted Metal 2. So I'm guessing that's why they're releasing it in this manner.[/QUOTE]
989 Studios took over the reigns from SingleTrac with the third and fourth titles, and David Jaffe had no involvement in those two.

Which is probably the main reason why they aren't included, but honestly I'd like to think its because they are mediocre games.

[quote name='usrevenge']TM for ps3 i could never find a multiplayer match

I never liked black it never felt right

TW 1 2 3 and 4 were pretty good, 3 was the best =\ I hardly call this a deal unless people really want TW 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

No multiplayer already? Damn. Maybe I shouldn't open mine then.

bread's done
Back