Captain America: Super Soldier (PS3) $15.99 free shipping at Newegg

I believe when Best Buy was doing their awesome deals of the day in Fall 2011, it was $8 or $10.

I ended up playing it on 360, and found it to be a bore. So many other better games are out there.

have to disagree with monoxide. very fun game & yes it is alot like arkham asylum (more so then arkham city). very fun & at least worth a rental. also a pretty easy 1000 gs.

the game sure pales in comparison to Batman AA or AC, but I still found it enjoyable enough when I rented it. For those into trophies, it is also an easy plat (1 playthrough - a few collectibles, if I remember right).

[quote name='Teujip']the game sure pales in comparison to Batman AA or AC, but I still found it enjoyable enough when I rented it. For those into trophies, it is also an easy plat (1 playthrough - a TON of collectibles, if I remember right).[/QUOTE]
fixed :)

I really enjoyed it also

Great first post, OP: you did better than many of the "veterans" around here.

Thanks for sharing the deal. Decent game, nice price, and EASY Platinum Trophy.

This game is full of awesomeness at this price. I bought mine new for 20 about 6 months ago.

If you love trophies then this is an easy platinum.

But play it for the game. Good mechanics, but most importantly pretty fun and engaging.

I got this game last year and it was better than expected. The combat was fun but everything else from the story to the little mini puzzles were average at best. Pretty short and not much replay value. To me this its a better buy as a b2g1 filler. It's 17.xx before GCU at BBY so you could get it and 2 other games for around 33ish.

[quote name='FerDK']Nice find OP, thanks.
Now to tell amazon about this lower price and hope they match.[/QUOTE]

Why? Why? Why? Just buy it from them and support newegg.

[quote name='oasisboy']Why? Why? Why? Just buy it from them and support newegg.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand either. People do this all the time with Amazon.
You can't go into a thread without someone bringing up Amazon.

But what they fail to realize, is that if people stop supporting these other companies, and they go under, Amazon won't NEED to price match anybody.

[quote name='oasisboy']Why? Why? Why? Just buy it from them and support newegg.[/QUOTE] Maybe he has some Amazon credit to spend?

I personally really enjoyed this game. The gameplay is similar the Arkham Asylums. I'd probably say this is tied with Ultimate Alliance as my 3rd favorite Super Hero game, right behind the Batman Arkhams and Spiderman 2.

[quote name='Flacksguy']I don't understand either. People do this all the time with Amazon.
You can't go into a thread without someone bringing up Amazon.

But what they fail to realize, is that if people stop supporting these other companies, and they go under, Amazon won't NEED to price match anybody.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, it matters depending on where you have gift card money. Otherwise, I'd scratch my head at choosing one storefront over another.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Sometimes, it matters depending on where you have gift card money. Otherwise, I'd scratch my head at choosing one storefront over another.[/QUOTE]

Could also be a tax issue. I actually prefer Newegg on that front, as Amazon charges tax in New York, while Newegg doesn't.

Game was laughably easy, but still quite fun to play. Good to add to the collection, if you're an action/comic book game fan, but don't expect a great trade-in if you weren't planning on keeping it(Amazon will currently give you $3.10 for it).

If your a captain america fan, I will guarantee you'll love the shield sound effects and Impact it has on goons faces haha. I loved the combat, some hard hitting stuff. Its extremely solid all around, with some good bonus costumes, and collectables.

Now if only the Thor and Iron man games were ANY good at all.... Iron man 2 is still one of the worst games Ive played this gen haha.

[quote name='oasisboy']Why? Why? Why? Just buy it from them and support newegg.[/QUOTE]

Two reasons...
1) Amazon credit.
2) The last time I tried to buy from New Egg, my $30 order was cancelled because my IP address was located outside the US (I live in Lima-Peru).

Otherwise I would gladly buy from them like I used to.

I would LOVE to support Newegg, but the game is not in stock. Barring that I'll buy the game from whoever does have it in stock at that price. :p At this point the argument is a bit moot. Newegg no longer has the game so it's not possible to support them for this game.

bread's done
Back