GS Exclusive Variant Cover of Star Wars #1 Comic - Only 3000 Made - 9920 PUR Points

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I did a search and didn't see this posted though it may be somewhere I'm not familiar with. With that being said, I didn't know where to post this and it's not a deal but I thought others might want to know. Being limited and Star Wars, it might be worth picking up if you got points you're sitting on.

star_wars_comic_1L.jpg

The next part of the Star Wars saga begins now with the new issue Star Wars issue #1 from Dark Horse Comics. But this isn’t your average issue #1. This is the GameStop Exclusive Variant Cover of Star Wars #1, and there are only 3,000 available in this entire galaxy. Only a scruffy nerf herder would pass on the opportunity to own a piece of Star Wars history in the making.

Its a shame that gamestop logo on the bottom left kind of ruins the otherwise good cover. =/

[quote name='Camre']Its a shame that gamestop logo on the bottom left kind of ruins the otherwise good cover. =/[/QUOTE]
The entire cover artwork looks like something a very talented 8th-grader drew in art class. Luke is downright scary.

[quote name='Kerig']The entire cover artwork looks like something a very talented 8th-grader drew in art class. Luke is downright scary.[/QUOTE]

There's a little Steve Tyler going on there....

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']There's a little Steve Tyler going on there....[/QUOTE]

:rofl:So true!

I DO want to close my eyes.....

[quote name='Camre']Its a shame that gamestop logo on the bottom left kind of ruins the otherwise good cover. =/[/QUOTE]
Hahaha oh wow. Is that really on the cover?

Upon closer inspection from my laptop instead of a mobile device, I have retracted my statement about it being a good cover. Feel kinda derpy now.

[quote name='Kerig']The entire cover artwork looks like something a very talented 8th-grader drew in art class. Luke is downright scary.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it better ...

Do collectors still fall for this nonsense?

Anything designed to be an artificially scarce "collector's item" rarely holds value... especially when it's something as crappy as this.

[quote name='dsullo']I have almost 11,000 points - not really sure what to spend it on... any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

not this comic book

I don't think I have patience to save up for the PORTAL GUN at 90K points. I may go with one of the portal shirts. I love that game.

[quote name='trunks982']cant i just buy the comic in the store since it has the price of $2.99 on the cover.[/QUOTE]

Good question. Probably an online points thing, though. I'd hoard these things if there are only 3,000 and I saw them in store.

[quote name='dsullo']I don't think I have patience to save up for the PORTAL GUN at 90K points. I may go with one of the portal shirts. I love that game.[/QUOTE]

Don't ever fall for the points scam. Everything is a scam there especially retail items. You ca buy an action figure for $15 at toys r us but it costs 20,000 points.

I only redeem for exclusive items because of that. You can buy that portal gun in stores.

And with their spotty packaging, I'd be hesitant to waste the points. I've had at least half a dozen different items arrive damaged or incomplete, and it's a friggin' nightmare to get the points refunded (since they apparently don't do returns for identical items?). Don't care for their program much.

[quote name='dsullo']I have almost 11,000 points - not really sure what to spend it on... any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I can tell you what not to spend it on: the grab bags.

I made the mistake of getting two the last time. They were exactly the same and sucked.

So many CAGs speak of how they have tens of thousands of points. If they don't get, at least, 1 of these STAR WARS comics.........

Could be valuable, someday.

[quote name='209chromatic']I dont think you can order one. Its selling for around $30 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Damn. They sold out! I got 1 with my points, though.

Thanks OP!:)

bread's done
Back