Mario Golf, Mario & Luigi, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Both Mario Golf and Mario and Luigi are new games, no?

I understand, but am utterly bored by complaints about sequels. It's a part of the industry and it's doubly funny when you ask for the next Zelda in the same breath.

I'm probably in for all three. DKCR might depend on whether they add any new content.

[quote name='theflicker']I'm probably in for all three. DKCR might depend on whether they add any new content.[/QUOTE]
Don't quote me on this, but seeing as how they removed the original DKC trilogy from the Wii Shop this past November, they may do something incredibly awesome and include them as extras somehow (or maybe just gearing up for a re-release next year for the original DKC 20th anniversary).

/wishfulthinking

I am cool with the 3DS but almost none of these games interest me. However Rune Factory 4 and Pokemon will keep me more than content for at least a year. Bonus if I can locate a copy of Devil survivor overclocked. It would be nice to have the DQ7 remake announced for America, it sold over a million copies in JP so I assume the likely hood of an American release is pretty good. However America really got shafted on the fire emblem bundle (not that this bothers me in the least), they announced a Fire Emblem 3DSXL bundle for Europe!

Nintendo is going in with the 3DS.

Not that I needed more reasons to justify my purchase last year but the console is really taking off. Kinda bummed that Animal Crossing is going to be released in June, but I still have plenty to play in my 3DS backlog (Tales, MK7, Paper Mario, NSBM2) and even more games to pick up (Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Luigi's Mansion).

I think Nintendo is being really smart with their DLC approach. Offer free/reduced content for early adopters to incentivize picking the game up early and help generate interest. Although like all DLC I'm still turned off and would rather have physical content.

I'm hoping that by next year they will go in with the Wii U like they are doing now with the 3DS.

Well, Mario Golf is the system seller for me. I was already game eventually for the 3DS for X & Y, but online Mario Golf would be epic.

Was my one of my favorite games on the 64, second only to Goldeneye.

[quote name='Masterkyo']3DS will kill PSVita this Year :)[/QUOTE]

How can you kill something that is already dead :)

hopefully they dont fuck over mario golf like they did with mario tennis on the 3ds

[quote name='theflicker']Both Mario Golf and Mario and Luigi are new games, no?

I understand, but am utterly bored by complaints about sequels. It's a part of the industry and it's doubly funny when you ask for the next Zelda in the same breath.

I'm probably in for all three. DKCR might depend on whether they add any new content.[/QUOTE]

It's not a complaint about sequels, it's a complaint about Nintendo's lack of creativity. It's getting to the point where you know every game they will release.

As dead as the Vita may be it's my handheld of choice currently. The 3DS is just too slow and clunky for it's own good.

Just my humble opinion..but if you are referring to creativity meaning new IPs, then I disagree. Mario Galaxy on the Wii was technically a sequel in the Mario series, but was highly creative in world exploration. No sense in Nintendo ignoring the cash cows.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Just my humble opinion..but if you are referring to creativity meaning new IPs, then I disagree. Mario Galaxy on the Wii was technically a sequel in the Mario series, but was highly creative in world exploration. No sense in Nintendo ignoring the cash cows.[/QUOTE]

Mario Galaxy was great, yes but it's still a Mario game. Give us something new.

Ok, that's fair. I just think I've come to terms with the fact that new IPs are few and far between. I know some people get up in arms over Nintendo changing what would have been new IPs with their tried and true characters, i.e. Kirby's Epic Yarn and Star Fox Adventures, but I don't really have a problem with it. It sort of all amounts to a palette swap for me.

Some other franchises that they've tried to bring over here, like Starfy, have gone on to limited sales. I imagine if they replaced Starfy with Kirby or Yoshi it probably would have done twice as well.

As long as the games are fun, I'll be playing them.

I think we should also remember that Nintendo is also the company that took Metroid from a 2D sidescroller to a FPS adventure title and successfully transitioned Zelda from overhead adventure to 3D adventure. I can't think of many companies that have actually changed up their franchises as much as they have.

I'm exited about Donkey Kong. I love the Donkey Kong games and plan on getting this one too.

I love having a 3DS right now. Fire Emblem to me is one of the best 3DS games out there.
And with the cheap Best Buy deal I was able top add 3 new games to my collection.

Games I am excited about this year for the 3DS game and I'm more into RPGs.

SMT: DS Soul Hackers
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Etrain Odessey 4 (after price drop)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Donkey Kong Country Returns

And others that have been announced but still far off

Nintendo's 3DS and Wii U offerings thus far haven't exactly been mind blowing, even for their marquee franchises. NSMB just felt "meh" to me and I'm amazed that they somehow fucked up the Paper Mario formula. And the Mario sports/kart franchises have been pretty forgettable since the GC/Wii days anyway.

But Fire Emblem Awakening (which I haven't played yet) has been getting a lot of praise so I'm not gonna rule out Nintendo just yet. I'm definitely excited for Mario & Luigi 4 and DKC 3D.

I was actually very excited to see some of these games announced last week. DKC3D for me is huge, I love the DKC series. If they added stuff or even added SNES games to VC as part of the promotion I'd be giddy. Mario Golf could be amazing if they include RPG elements. A new Mario & Luigi is a good thing too.

Nintendo seems to know what they're doing with the 3DS, even if it's releasing sequels or Wii ports. We'll get other games from third parties as long as Nintendo keeps churning out the staples to build the base.

The same can't be said for the poor Vita :(

[quote name='Vinny']Nintendo's 3DS and Wii U offerings thus far haven't exactly been mind blowing, even for their marquee franchises. NSMB just felt "meh" to me and I'm amazed that they somehow fucked up the Paper Mario formula. [/QUOTE]

Paper Mario isn't a marquee franchise, and 1000 year door was released like 9 years ago. There's no formula, other than flat cartoony graphics. Super Paper Mario certainly isn't much like it.

You can call Mario RPG, Paper Mario, 1000 Year Door, Super PM and Sticker Star a series if you want, but they have little in common.

bread's done
Back