Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LINK

Just saw this on Club Nintendo's site and didn't see a post on here.

Register a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity between 3/21-4/30 and you get to choose one of the following games as a free digital download...

Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Super Mario 3D Land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Star Fox 64

[quote name='Drclaw411']A fuck you to early adopters.[/QUOTE]

:roll: Life doesn't have to be all half-empty, you know.

I got the 3DS XL and MK7 for $160. I consider that a great deal so not at all upset about this announcement. Now... the question is, did I remember to register it or can I take advantage of this deal too.

I haven't registered my 3DS XL yet as I was holding out until the new rollover in July...but this just might get me on board.

Thanks TC!! Have an XL I haven't registered and was thinking about Star Fox but lost out a couple months back when Gamefly was having a sale on 3ds games (it was like $13 or something pretty good)

Luigi's Mansion and a download for SF all for $40 or less sounds good to me

I missed out on the 3DS XL deals and ended up getting the MK7 bundle for $199 instead of the current Target offer of $25 GC for the non-bundle. This promo makes missing the recent deals a little easier.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I haven't registered my 3DS XL yet as I was holding out until the new rollover in July...but this just might get me on board.[/QUOTE]
I could be wrong, but registering and claiming the coins are 2 separate things.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I haven't registered my 3DS XL yet as I was holding out until the new rollover in July...but this just might get me on board.[/QUOTE]

???

I would imagine past 3DS XL owners would get in on this deal too
*edit
NEVERMIND
Says so right on the site
Nintendo 3DS XL hardware registered on and after February 14th, 2013 can qualify for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I won't be able to get in on this since I have a Zelda 3DS and have no plans on upgrading it. But if I had to choose between the listed bonus games, I'd definitely go with Super Mario 3D Land. That is a full retail game, and is one of the best games out on any handheld today. You'll be saving yourself $40 by going with that one, and you won't regret it either. Professor Layton is the other retail Nintendo game and would be my second choice.

Registered mine last month, this is really dumb. Should account for all registered 3DS XLs in general, otherwise previously purchased devices that weren't registered are fair game, whereas registered devices aren't. They're providing an incentive to not register their products...

Kind of upsetting that it only applies to new 3DS XL sales. I bought mine Day 1 and won't be able to do this, and I would've gone out of my way to get Luigi's Mansion if I qualified for this deal.

[quote name='topplehat']Kind of upsetting that it only applies to new 3DS XL sales. I bought mine Day 1 and won't be able to do this, and I would've gone out of my way to get Luigi's Mansion if I qualified for this deal.[/QUOTE]

I got in on a Mario Kart 3DS XL from Best Buy when it was $170. If anything, Imma buy a new one, transfer my games, register the new one, and then sell the old one.

*This may or may not work - I am not responsible for anything.

Even though I missed out on the whole 170 deal, I'm still weirdly tempted to grab a 3DSXL lately. I'm sure most of the opinions I get in here would be positive, but is there anything I should look out for here? Good time for me to just shut up and bite?

I haven't registered the XL I got around Black Friday but I think I'd rather have the credit go to next year's goal than get a download for a game I don't really want. Already have Super Mario 3D Land (best 3DS game out there so far) and Star Fox. Nothing else looks of interest. Cool deal if you are still looking to rack up points for the year though.

Haven't registered mine yet either, but not sure I want to pick up Luigi's Mansion despite really enjoying the (kind of short) Gamecube title. Already have 3D land and I know Starfox is like 2 hours long, so the only other option would be Prof. Layton, but I've never played the others and feel like jumping in there would set me back pretty far in terms of overall narrative. Cool deal though.

[quote name='maximumzero']So no deals should exist ever, then?[/QUOTE]

No, the deal should apply to all 3DS owners who have registered an XL and game.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I got in on a Mario Kart 3DS XL from Best Buy when it was $170. If anything, Imma buy a new one, transfer my games, register the new one, and then sell the old one.

*This may or may not work - I am not responsible for anything.[/QUOTE]
based on my past experience, only one console can be registered per account

[quote name='topplehat']No, the deal should apply to all 3DS owners who have registered an XL and game.[/QUOTE]

Uh...I just don't know what to say to this one. :roll:

I haven't registered my 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 installed when I bought it for $160 at Best Buy this past December. I have every game on that free list with the exception of Freakyforms and Art Academy. I'm not a good painter so I have no idea which one to choose.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I got in on a Mario Kart 3DS XL from Best Buy when it was $170. If anything, Imma buy a new one, transfer my games, register the new one, and then sell the old one.

*This may or may not work - I am not responsible for anything.[/QUOTE]

Is it bad that I am gonna try the same thing if I can't get a code from a family member that doesn't use their codes.

I did want the Mario Kart 7 bundle anyway.
Will be my way to get it.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Haven't registered mine yet either, but not sure I want to pick up Luigi's Mansion despite really enjoying the (kind of short) Gamecube title. Already have 3D land and I know Starfox is like 2 hours long, so the only other option would be Prof. Layton, but I've never played the others and feel like jumping in there would set me back pretty far in terms of overall narrative. Cool deal though.[/QUOTE]

If you play StarFox through once, then yeah, it is maybe 2 hours long. But the whole point is the replayability. While I don't like it as much as the N64 version, the game is excellent.

I wish I hadn't registered my XL. I would have picked up Luigi's Mansion to get SML3D for free.

It's kind of annoying when less than 4 weeks ago I bought my 3DS and registered it. I guess I'll wait for Starfox or Mario 3D Land drop in price soon..

I hope..

I knew there was a reason I hadn't registered my Red/Black XL yet...and I need 160 points for Platinum status, so it works out even better. ;) I already have Luigi's Mansion preordered through Newegg for $29.99, so all I need to do to get in on this is sit and wait. :lol:

Now the question is: Do I download Art Academy to try to learn how to draw when stick figures are the height of my artistic ability (and have been for years), or sell off my still-sealed physical copy of Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and download it for free (I still have Last Specter to beat, however)...? :whistle2:k

[quote name='blcklblskt']If you play StarFox through once, then yeah, it is maybe 2 hours long. But the whole point is the replayability. While I don't like it as much as the N64 version, the game is excellent.

I wish I hadn't registered my XL. I would have picked up Luigi's Mansion to get SML3D for free.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, but I played more than enough when it was on the 64 that I'm unsure how much more I would play it here.

[quote name='Vigilante']I knew there was a reason I hadn't registered my Red/Black XL yet...and I need 160 points for Platinum status, so it works out even better. ;) I already have Luigi's Mansion preordered through Newegg for $29.99, so all I need to do to get in on this is sit and wait. :lol:

Now the question is: Do I download Art Academy to try to learn how to draw when stick figures are the height of my artistic ability (and have been for years), or sell off my still-sealed physical copy of Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and download it for free (I still have Last Specter to beat, however)...? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

The trouble with Layton is it's too linear. There's no real reason to go back and play the puzzles you've beaten already. Not great for a download.

[quote name='maximumzero']Uh...I just don't know what to say to this one. :roll:[/QUOTE]

The NOE version of this deal was extended to all owners of the XL

My sister just gave me her code but I already have a 3DS registered.
So I guess I'll give it to my friend and let him get the free movie, I guess.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']The trouble with Layton is it's too linear. There's no real reason to go back and play the puzzles you've beaten already. Not great for a download.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The additional daily download puzzles are a good reason to keep going back to it. Especially since there are a ton out there if you get it later.

What the hell is registering? It's like something everybody here knows about and there seems to be rewards for doing it (besides the one here) and I know absolutely nothing about this. I don't believe I have registered unless they make you do it when you sign everything up on the system. Also what is the point on "holding out".

I have Luigi's Mansion pre-ordered through Newegg, and I was planning on getting a 3DS XL at some point, so looks like I'm getting an XL sometime in March.

I'll probably go with Professor Layton or Starfox 64.

[quote name='Calinks']What the hell is registering? It's like something everybody here knows about and there seems to be rewards for doing it (besides the one here) and I know absolutely nothing about this. I don't believe I have registered unless they make you do it when you sign everything up on the system. Also what is the point on "holding out".[/QUOTE]

Club Nintendo - look it up ;).

And by "holding out" they mean registering after the Club year ends at the end of June so that the points count towards next year's platinum status. Many of us have already reached platinum for this year and adding 160 points (plus the DL game's points) wouldn't really help for this year. So it is a trade-off. Of course I think Mario 3D and Professor Layton are well worth it even if you have gone over for this year.

But... I already have those games. And I assume I can't get the save off my cart for Mario 3D and use that with the digital version, right?

I had not registered my XL upgrade system yet. This is tempting and I suppose I could get StarFox (as I haven't opened my physical copy yet).

Interesting. I bought a 3Ds in December, had no idea about this stuff. Too bad I already bought Mario 3D for my brother though.

Usually, the whining about stuff like this would piss me off at how stupid people are, but now I just love watching them get upset.

bread's done
Back