3DS Sakura Samurai $4.99 eShop

moothemagiccow

CAG Newbie
eshopsale.jpg

Weekly sales will continue throughout Feb & March

Last edited by a moderator:
Sakura Samurai is good. Crashmo too. But really outside of Kid Icarus and Shinobi it feels like everything "good" on 3DS is "good for a 3DS game."

Definitely in for Crashmo and Fractured Soul. These are two of the eshop games that are highest on my wishlist. Nintendo needs to push a sale on Shantae now! I really want to play Shantae, but when it is $11.99 on the eshop and less than half that cost on the Apple store, it is a hard hard purchase to pull the trigger on.

Picked up bit trip saga definitely worth it as I have a lot of 3ds cases as it is, but it is a bit challenging and not for those who have low tolerance to annoyance lol

[quote name='wilflare']hmm can I play eShop-purchased games on 2 3DS?.. (don't have to be concurrently)[/QUOTE]

No, it's tied to the system, I believe.

[quote name='theflicker']No, it's tied to the system, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Flicker is correct.

Thanks for the heads up OP, probably going to purchase bit trip and crashmo

its about time they have some damn sales. Do this on the Wii U too for frig sake... not to get OT too much here, but Nintendo should enable 3DS games to be played on the Wii U. Lack of software cries would be elminated. I know I wouldnt bitch about lack of software if I could play my 3ds games on it. Make it happen and keep up the sales Nintendo!

Thanks, I would have missed this! They need to do more deals, and they need to advertise the damn things!

What I really want is deals on the downloadable retail games.

Any reason to pick up the 3DS release when I have it on the Wii plus a couple of the Steam releases?

[quote name='Slermy']Any reason to pick up the 3DS release when I have it on the Wii plus a couple of the Steam releases?[/QUOTE]
Digital Hoarder's Disease worked for me.

[quote name='Slermy']Any reason to pick up the 3DS release when I have it on the Wii plus a couple of the Steam releases?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. The Wii (disc) version already comes w/ more content. The 3DS version also has some framerate hiccups.

From wiki:

"The 3DS version of the game has 6 games redone in 3D and features new control schemes (for instance, stylus control via the touchscreen for beat and flux). The Wii version has 20 extra "challenge levels" for each game, as well as bonus content related to the production of the games. These levels are completely new but are shorter than the already included levels."

[quote name='emperordahc']I wouldn't. The Wii (disc) version already comes w/ more content. The 3DS version also has some framerate hiccups.

From wiki:

"The 3DS version of the game has 6 games redone in 3D and features new control schemes (for instance, stylus control via the touchscreen for beat and flux). The Wii version has 20 extra "challenge levels" for each game, as well as bonus content related to the production of the games. These levels are completely new but are shorter than the already included levels."[/QUOTE]
I'll always chime in on this series, the only real reason to get the 3DS version is if you don't have a Wii, if the portability is the main driving reason to play at all, or if you'd prefer to have them digitally without having to change carts. The Wii version offers much more content, with online leaderboards and easy / hard difficulties added that emperordahc didn't already mention in the wiki link.

The challenge levels for runner took me like twenty minutes. They were fun but they're very short. The wii game is like $11 on amazon if you've got a wii and must have them.

[quote name='emperordahc']I wouldn't. The Wii (disc) version already comes w/ more content. The 3DS version also has some framerate hiccups.

From wiki:

"The 3DS version of the game has 6 games redone in 3D and features new control schemes (for instance, stylus control via the touchscreen for beat and flux). The Wii version has 20 extra "challenge levels" for each game, as well as bonus content related to the production of the games. These levels are completely new but are shorter than the already included levels."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']I'll always chime in on this series, the only real reason to get the 3DS version is if you don't have a Wii, if the portability is the main driving reason to play at all, or if you'd prefer to have them digitally without having to change carts. The Wii version offers much more content, with online leaderboards and easy / hard difficulties added that emperordahc didn't already mention in the wiki link.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I guess I'll pass on it.

I've played about an hour of Crashmo so far. It's significantly harder than Pushmo. After the tutorial level it jumps right into some head scratchers as opposed to having level after level of equally easy puzzles. Though I think I enjoy Pushmo more but it's definitely worth the $6 if it lasts as long as Pushmo.

Has anyone played the Ketzal game? Looks like it might be worth $5.

anyone played Sakura Samurai? I pretty much never buy digital games but i looked that one up and it looks interesting. Visually pretty for a d.load game too. For $5 i may just say F it and buy it if its any good. Hell how does their Eshop even work. Can you charge the amount direct to a CC or do you have to buy in preset incriments like MS points or Sony prepaid cards?

Any hope Crimson Shroud will go on sale? Im not familiar with Nintendo's eshop so i dont know how often/what usually goes on sale, but ive been curious to try that game out for a while now. It looks really interesting.

You can pay whatever the required amount is. If it costs $4.99 + tax you pay $4.99 + tax.

The last 3DS eshop sale was last summer. Not sure if this is a sign they'll be more frequent.

Picked up Crashmo even though I'm stuck on one of the last puzzles in Pushmo. That game definitely gets hard, but oh so satisfying.

Crashmo is worth it only because they found a way to make a sequel to a game with unlimited content (albeit user-generated). The swivel feature makes it a completely different game, yet it retains most of the original mechanics.

I've only played a few of the post-tutorial puzzles, so it's hard to quantify just yet. It makes you think differently - in another dimension. I thought Pushmo exemplified the benefit of depth that 3DS games could provide, but Crashmo is another level.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']You can pay whatever the required amount is. If it costs $4.99 + tax you pay $4.99 + tax.

The last 3DS eshop sale was last summer. Not sure if this is a sign they'll be more frequent.[/QUOTE]

what.. tax? Seriously? They charge tax for a friggin digital game? Thats retarded

Good to know it can be a direct charge to your CC i gues but... tax? Seriously?

A lot of states require a tax on digital goods. I'm pretty sure california isn't one of them. I know I havent been taxed on any digital items I buy.

[quote name='Kenshindono']anyone played Sakura Samurai? I pretty much never buy digital games but i looked that one up and it looks interesting. Visually pretty for a d.load game too. For $5 i may just say F it and buy it if its any good. Hell how does their Eshop even work. Can you charge the amount direct to a CC or do you have to buy in preset incriments like MS points or Sony prepaid cards?

Any hope Crimson Shroud will go on sale? Im not familiar with Nintendo's eshop so i dont know how often/what usually goes on sale, but ive been curious to try that game out for a while now. It looks really interesting.[/QUOTE]
Sakura Samurai is actually pretty fun in small doses. I mean, it gets hella repetitive, but then again, the same could be said for a LOT of games. The problem with SS is that even as new enemy types are introduced... it doesn't actually affect the gameplay mechanics. Still, it's very satisfying dodging and slicing foes with precision. Is it worth full price? No way. At the sale price? I'd say bite on it.

If you're into RPGs, I highly recommend Crimson Shroud. There's literally no battle animations, but the storytelling and attention to detail is fantastic. I doubt it'll go on sale anytime soon. I could see Denpa Men going on sale before CS (which is another equally awesome RPG).

[quote name='Kenshindono']what.. tax? Seriously? They charge tax for a friggin digital game? Thats retarded

Good to know it can be a direct charge to your CC i gues but... tax? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Go to eShop settings and set your Zip code to one in Delaware. There's no sales tax collected there.

Ugh, I never finished Pushmo, and Crashmo looks great but i don't know if I have the time or energy for it.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Go to eShop settings and set your Zip code to one in Delaware. There's no sales tax collected there.[/QUOTE]

Six months later, Nintendo holds their next conference in Delaware based on sales data. "Apparently the largest concentration of 3DS owners is right here!"

On a serious note, this WOULD qualify as tax evasion, which is illegal. Also, that would only work for prepaid cards.

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']Sakura Samurai is actually pretty fun in small doses. I mean, it gets hella repetitive, but then again, the same could be said for a LOT of games. The problem with SS is that even as new enemy types are introduced... it doesn't actually affect the gameplay mechanics. Still, it's very satisfying dodging and slicing foes with precision. Is it worth full price? No way. At the sale price? I'd say bite on it.

If you're into RPGs, I highly recommend Crimson Shroud. There's literally no battle animations, but the storytelling and attention to detail is fantastic. I doubt it'll go on sale anytime soon. I could see Denpa Men going on sale before CS (which is another equally awesome RPG).[/QUOTE]

thanks! may give it a look when its $5. Ya im aware of Crimson Shroud, i just done want to pay $8 for it. Like you said it probably wont go on sale any time soon unfortunatly =(

Im actually curious how DLC works with the 3DS.. if i buy it can i use it on any 3DS system? Can i use it on my fire emblem 3ds and later on when i buy an XL? Nintendo is notorious for fucking consumers over with their DLC stuff so im extra leery on buying anything from them

Beautiful! Pushmo is the 3DS exclusive I've played/enjoyed most, but have been too stingy to get its sequel. For $3 off, I'll gladly pick up Crashmo.
Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Kenshindono']thanks! may give it a look when its $5. Ya im aware of Crimson Shroud, i just done want to pay $8 for it. Like you said it probably wont go on sale any time soon unfortunatly =(

Im actually curious how DLC works with the 3DS.. if i buy it can i use it on any 3DS system? Can i use it on my fire emblem 3ds and later on when i buy an XL? Nintendo is notorious for fucking consumers over with their DLC stuff so im extra leery on buying anything from them[/QUOTE]

There's a program for transferring your software from 3DS to XL.

Picdun 2 is kind of fun.

I wish Nintendo would do more eshop sales. I'm still baffled by their charging full retail price for most games despite retail not charging full retail price.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Picdun 2 is kind of fun.

I wish Nintendo would do more eshop sales. I'm still baffled by their charging full retail price for most games despite retail not charging full retail price.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Even a $5 discount would be influential to a lot of people's purchases.

I'd like to see a standard $5 off, at least on first-party tiles, and weekly deals. Hopefully 3rd-parties would set their own sales too.

Any sales are better than nothing though, and some of the stuff is reasonably priced. The retail games on the eshop are definitely not though.

I want the eshop versions, but I refuse to pay full price, so it's an unintentional boycott of Mario Kart 7 and others by me. I live a sad life.

I think the Big N is still learning how the digital world works. And on the.bright side, they are making faster progress in the last year than in the previous 5.

Looking up reviews to decide what to get realized They should call this the IGN Editor's Choice sale.

In for samurai, bit trip, mutant mudd, and crashmo.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']The whole deal with stuff being tied to the system does worry me, too. What if I lose my 3DS? :([/QUOTE]
Dont. I lost my DS with GTA: CW cart in it right before the final mission.....that stunk. Still mad at the idiot that I had to help out of the snow in order to clear the road so I could get home. I fell a few times and it fell out of my coat pocket into several feet of snow at night on an unlit country road. Never found it. Think he would have been smarter than to get out in a 2wd open differential truck and with an empty bed in a blizzard while possessing no driving ability. I had to give the guy a crash course on how to drive his own frigin truck before he could get loose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll get Crashmo, even though I haven't finished Pushmo.

And I paid $40 for Bit.Trip at launch. Crazy how fast it dropped in price, both physical and digital.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']There's a program for transferring your software from 3DS to XL.[/QUOTE]

I dont want to transfer it. That Deletes it off the old system. I want to use it on both of them. No one seems to know if it would work with the DLC on the cart. I tried calling the Nintendo number but it said it was too busy and i couldn't get though.

bread's done
Back