Resident Evil 6: Archives - $53.25 @ Amazon

enigma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just wanted to share this because I know how hard of a time I had not only finding a decent price on it, but finding it at all last month (I ended up paying $74.99 from Newegg on January 20), so I thought this might help someone out.

Amazon has Resident Evil 6: Archives (Ships from and sold by Amazon.com) for $48.41.

EDIT: Now $53.25.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flowstance']Bah, I forgot Archives was the 360 version. Its missing hella games.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it is. It still comes with 4, 5, and CODE: Veronica X though, which is between $40 and $60 worth of content itself (depending on how cost-efficient you are), so you're effectively getting RE6 for nothing. That's my math, at least.

Man that would have been an excellent price a month ago before the price of RE6 tanked... still a good deal and value. Really wish it was for the anthology though.

[quote name='mossfan563']I added it to my cart and it bumped the price to $53.25?[/QUOTE]

same here
weird

i picked up RE6 from BB but if this goes cheaper I will buy

[quote name='gatordeve86']same here
weird

i picked up RE6 from BB but if this goes cheaper I will buy[/QUOTE]

yeah same here i was trying to decide if 27 and now 32 dollars for 4 5 gold and code veronica was a good deal

[quote name='Wario64']oops it went up in price. I feel kinda bad having that tweeted out on videogamedeals[/QUOTE]

i tweeted you ahead of time to tell you that so you wouldnt lol

[quote name='cjenvy']yeah same here i was trying to decide if 27 and now 32 dollars for 4 5 gold and code veronica was a good deal[/QUOTE]

Same here. I am actually thinking it may be. I don't know when I will get to them, but I think I want them.

:::EDIT:::
So i went ahead and jumped on it. I would love to replay through both 4 and Code Veronica again, and they are at their cheapest maybe 30 dollars. so at that price and the 20 I am already willing to pay for 6 I think it is worth it. 5 is then just an added bonus.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Same here. I am actually thinking it may be. I don't know when I will get to them, but I think I want them.

:::EDIT:::
So i went ahead and jumped on it. I would love to replay through both 4 and Code Veronica again, and they are at their cheapest maybe 30 dollars. so at that price and the 20 I am already willing to pay for 6 I think it is worth it. 5 is then just an added bonus.[/QUOTE]

i agree unfortunately for me i need to wait till i get my funds from my latest sale of the zelda le book from amazon to buy it and then i need to go to another town and return re6 when i receive it from best buy

i put it in my cart at the $48 price, and clicked "checkout" after it went to $53.xx and it still let me purchase it at the $48 price (I did not refresh the page).

Just got done playing 4 on 360. That game is so still so fucking good once you get past the one analog thing. Raccoon City and 6 though...

[quote name='gatordeve86']are there achievements in all the games it comes with?[/QUOTE]

RE4, RE5 GE, and RE Code Veronica X are all DLC titles. You receive codes to redeem for them on Live, so they have the applicable achievements included with each game. I believe RE4 and CVX have 12 each (still totaling 1000GS per game) and RE5 has the same achievements you would be working for if you had a physical copy of the game.

I think you guys buying it drove the price up. It's been creeping down from 65 over the past 3 days. I've been sitting waiting to buy when it bottoms out or I get my mypoints gift card for amazon. It's been dropping nightly around 7 PST.

Hopefully it starts to drop again
fgf.jpg

Last edited:
[quote name='GBAstar']i put it in my cart at the $48 price, and clicked "checkout" after it went to $53.xx and it still let me purchase it at the $48 price (I did not refresh the page).[/QUOTE]

I think Amazon is trying some new layouts and it messed up their cart for some reason. I have stuff that says $13, but if you click on it, it says $16. I think their website is a little glitchy right now.

[quote name='enigma']RE4, RE5 GE, and RE Code Veronica X are all DLC titles. You receive codes to redeem for them on Live, so they have the applicable achievements included with each game. I believe RE4 and CVX have 12 each (still totaling 1000GS per game) and RE5 has the same achievements you would be working for if you had a physical copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

appreciate the info

Decent deal. RE 4 HD and CV:HD can be had on sale for $10 each. You can get RE 5 Gold for like $20 on disc from time to time. I'd pick this up if I did not have RE 5 Gold from PS+. Other thing to keep in mind is that RE 4 is better on Wii. Not sure what the definitive version of CV is though.

[quote name='J7.']Decent deal. RE 4 HD and CV:HD can be had on sale for $10 each. You can get RE 5 Gold for like $20 on disc from time to time. I'd pick this up if I did not have RE 5 Gold from PS+. Other thing to keep in mind is that RE 4 is better on Wii. Not sure what the definitive version of CV is though.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's like the only time I've heard someone say a multi-platform game is better on the Wii. Not meant to be a joke or anything, but most of the time, Wii really doesn't do very well.

[quote name='Zolor23']Really? That's like the only time I've heard someone say a multi-platform game is better on the Wii. Not meant to be a joke or anything, but most of the time, Wii really doesn't do very well.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing that too, so I've been curious to find out how it plays.

Anyways, I got this for 90 bucks near launch and although I haven't been playing it all that much, I still think the amount of value you're getting is great, especially for this price.

[quote name='enigma']RE4, RE5 GE, and RE Code Veronica X are all DLC titles. You receive codes to redeem for them on Live, so they have the applicable achievements included with each game. I believe RE4 and CVX have 12 each (still totaling 1000GS per game) and RE5 has the same achievements you would be working for if you had a physical copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

So the only thing on disc is RE6 and everything else has to be downloaded and installed? Yikes, I'm still rocking a 20gb hdd.

[quote name='Zolor23']Really? That's like the only time I've heard someone say a multi-platform game is better on the Wii. Not meant to be a joke or anything, but most of the time, Wii really doesn't do very well.[/QUOTE]

I did some research on it. People say the Wii version can be played with Wiimote and Nunchuk or classic style RE4 with Gamecube. It has all the additions that were on PS2 but not GC. The graphics actually look better on Wii overall because the HD version did not upgrade the textures so you see the textures look blurry on RE4 HD.

I guess it went up to $60.80.

The only thing I'm missing from this set is Code Veronica HD.
I have the dreamcast version, but never played it. I probably still would have bit at $53 though.

RE4 is better on Wii because of the controls.
Wiimote + Nunchuck works fantastic. Almost flawlessly.

Why Move was not integrated into RE4 HD is beyond me.....
Missed a selling point right there....

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Guys, it was $40 2 days ago in the gold box deal. I would wait it will be that price again soon.[/QUOTE]
yea i was glad i didnt get it when the OP posted this because with my employee discount i only ended up paying $30.xx

[quote name='Ralph444']RE4 is better on Wii because of the controls.

Missed a selling point right there....[/QUOTE]

I know why... Because Move has NEVER, EVER made any game better.

[quote name='J7.']I did some research on it. People say the Wii version can be played with Wiimote and Nunchuk or classic style RE4 with Gamecube. It has all the additions that were on PS2 but not GC. The graphics actually look better on Wii overall because the HD version did not upgrade the textures so you see the textures look blurry on RE4 HD.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm never going to play RE4, then. Oh well.

[quote name='Green Card200']I would have paid MSRP for either of the collections if all the games/dlc were on the disc.[/QUOTE]

That's probably why the PS3 version w/ discs and all is harder to find.

So if I already have RE1 (both the PS1 Directors Cut & Gamecube remake); RE 2 (PS1 & Gamecube) & RE 3 (Gamecube), other than RE:CV HD; is there really any advantage to get either of these X360 or PS3 sets if I also have RE 4 (Wii), 5 & 6?

I hope what I just wrote makes sense! :cool:

Well, RE 5 is the Gold version, so that might influence things, but honestly, if you just want the HD version of CV, it would be cheaper to just get it from XBL/PSN.

[quote name='tylerdurden10']So if I already have RE1 (both the PS1 Directors Cut & Gamecube remake); RE 2 (PS1 & Gamecube) & RE 3 (Gamecube), other than RE:CV HD; is there really any advantage to get either of these X360 or PS3 sets if I also have RE 4 (Wii), 5 & 6? :cool:[/QUOTE]

No, not at all. Save your $ for Revelations in May.

[quote name='Zolor23']That's probably why the PS3 version w/ discs and all is harder to find.[/QUOTE]

RE6 is the only game on disc in the PS3 version as well. Everything else is DLC just like with the 360. The difference between the two are the DLC games that are included.

[quote name='Ralph444']RE4 is better on Wii because of the controls.

Missed a selling point right there....[/QUOTE]

Well it's debatable. RE 4 with Wiimote + Nunchuk may be a lot of fun but it does destroy the original vision of the game. The difficulty level is reduced and the gameplay is changed.

The great thing about the Wii version is you can play it that way or play it with GC control or Classic Controller to experience both types. The laser sight is removed with Wiimote/Nunchuk and replaced with a reticle.

bread's done
Back