Ninja Gaiden 3 (PS3/360) $9.99 + ship @ Gohastings.com

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
title says it like it is Ninja Gaiden 3 is $9.99 (plus $2.28 shipping) at gohastings.com

Now now i know this isnt the best game but there is fun to be had here and it looks great !

Here is the link:
http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/search_all.cmd?form_state=global-search-form-form&keywords=ninja+gaiden+3&search-button.x=0&search-button.y=0&search-button=true&productType=0&query=&form_state=siteSearchForm&department=AllSearch&departmentName=AllSearch&dynamic=&search=true&source=global&condition=0

Thanks for looking !!

Damn. To get this? Or the Razor Edge Multi-platform release, or GS eventual Price Drop of the CE. Hard choice. :/

Nonetheless, thanks OP!

[quote name='CaoPi']Thanks but I'll wait for the confirmed Razor Edge ver....[/QUOTE]

It's a night and day difference. NG3 is awful.

[quote name='bshirk']Razor's Edge still has pretty bad reviews.[/QUOTE]
That may be true but razer's edge offers a lot more in terms of substance. I mean just adding playable characters and more weapons makes it worth the premium.

I usually jump on any video game I have even a speck of interest in at under $10, but man from what I've seen, read, and played of this, it may not even be worth $9.99.

I might have to wait for this to hit like $4.99 clearance bin somewhere to jump on this.

Wow that's a pretty low number for the game. I'm not very interested in the franchise but with this price I think ill look in to it. Thanks OP.

[quote name='D.Choy']That may be true but razer's edge offers a lot more in terms of substance. I mean just adding playable characters and more weapons makes it worth the premium.[/QUOTE]
So a crappy game is still a crappy game unless it has bonus content in which case...A CRAPPY GAME WITH BONUS CONTENT! TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND NOW WORTH BUYING!

Though in all seriousness, Ninja Gaiden 3 was one of the worst (if not, THE worst) game I played of 2012.

[quote name='bardockkun']So a crappy game is still a crappy game unless it has bonus content in which case...A CRAPPY GAME WITH BONUS CONTENT! TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND NOW WORTH BUYING!

Though in all seriousness, Ninja Gaiden 3 was one of the worst (if not, THE worst) game I played of 2012.[/QUOTE]
Well less crappy.. haha

[quote name='D.Choy']Well less crappy.. haha[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. I'm the last person to tell CAG's how to spend their money (triple digit backlog! WOOOOO!), but this game was so disappointing to me that I'm just always a bit surprised when people here defend it or justify it's existence. Eitherway I felt I kinda had to leave a warning about the game none the less.

i need a quick action game and i have like 4.50 in bestbuy credit if im able to price match this. 5.50$ for a new copy seem good to you guys ? ive heard bad things about this game. people treat it like its the brink of action games this gen lmao.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i need a quick action game and i have like 4.50 in bestbuy credit if im able to price match this. 5.50$ for a new copy seem good to you guys ? ive heard bad things about this game. people treat it like its the brink of action games this gen lmao.[/QUOTE]

It gets a lot of shit because fans of the original two from this gen hated it. By itself I don't think it's not a bad game but it's not great either. For $5.50 I'd say it's definitely worth it.

good luck to those who manage to get their orders through. And if you managed to get it through, hope it doesn't get cancelled. And if it doesn't get cancelled, i hope your game doesn't come all shriveled up in a cheap package.

[quote name='marineal']good luck to those who manage to get their orders through. And if you managed to get it through, hope it doesn't get cancelled. And if it doesn't get cancelled, i hope your game doesn't come all shriveled up in a cheap package.[/QUOTE]

Shriveled package, eh? Sounds like a personal problem. Well, it is cold outside... :lol:

[quote name='Kikyou1']Wow that's a pretty low number for the game. I'm not very interested in the franchise but with this price I think ill look in to it. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

If you're going to try and get in to the series, I'm sure you can find NG2 for the same price somewhere. Much better game.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i need a quick action game and i have like 4.50 in bestbuy credit if im able to price match this. 5.50$ for a new copy seem good to you guys ? ive heard bad things about this game. people treat it like its the brink of action games this gen lmao.[/QUOTE]

Am a fan of the series,but as its own game it was just boring.Enemies gave no challenge,no variety of moves,unskippable death animations on every ememy you kill. Yosuke Hayashi did the impossible by making Ninja Gaiden boring.

[quote name='themaster20000']Am a fan of the series,but as its own game it was just boring.Enemies gave no challenge,no variety of moves,unskippable death animations on every ememy you kill. Yosuke Hayashi did the impossible by making Ninja Gaiden boring.[/QUOTE]

It was very boring.

RE is actually good though.

[quote name='bardockkun']So a crappy game is still a crappy game unless it has bonus content in which case...A CRAPPY GAME WITH BONUS CONTENT! TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND NOW WORTH BUYING!

Though in all seriousness, Ninja Gaiden 3 was one of the worst (if not, THE worst) game I played of 2012.[/QUOTE]

Now I feel like playing it just because I don't think any game could be worse than Black Ops Declassified. I need to know... FOR SCIENCE!

I'm a big fan of the series and I have to say NG3 is crappy but still playable. Yeah, Ryu has gotten slow and dull in NG3 and just about everything is inferior to the previous games. I said just about because there's actually 1 thing Hayashi did better, it's the gameover, retry loading time; it is 100X faster. If you played this series, you know you will die... ALOT on harder difficulties and seeing this screen go by quickly is a welcome feature. Speaking of harder difficulties, those plan on playing NG3 for the first time should really just start on "Hard" mode. It's not hard at all, unlike the same mode in NGB and NG2 which are indeed hard (for newbies). In Hard mode, it reduces the stupid new steel on bone randomness technique (few random slashes with your sword and you go into invincible mode killing about 4-5 enemies instantly) which is very frequent in the "Normal" or lower difficulties. It's cool looking for the first few times, but it gets stale fast. Most reviewers played on Normal mode so they've experienced this boring sequence over and over again for the entire game and thus the game received such bad scores. I think the game is better without it and bring back the orbs absorbing ultimate technique that actually require timing skills to aid the combat.

NG1 and 2 = a lightweight car with slick manual transmission and excellent cornering capabilities.
NG3 = a car with automatic transmission and auto self parking capabilities.
NG3RE, I will try when it comes out in April but looking at the Wii U version, it seems like a car with automatic transmission but with a paddle shifter this time. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back