- - - - -

"Stay Classy" Politicians

#1 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

http://www.politico....1109/30013.html

Borrowing .43 cent of every dollar spent, yet spending "$2,993 in taxpayer money on flowers between June and October." R's and D's living it up on the taxpayer dime. Dems say we have no spending problem, while Repubs shout fiscal conservatism while "House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) spent about $24,116 on food and beverage." Flowers for funerals and food/drink should come out of your grossly over inflated salaries in any case, but especially when we are in such crazy debt and have had our credit rating downgraded twice for the first time in our history.

#2 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2501 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

I touch myself while I think of ponies that shit rainbows.

#3 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6849 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

I touch myself while I think of ponies that shit rainbows.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

You earned these...

Edited by dohdough, 15 February 2013 - 10:35 PM.
just one more

#4 IRHari   COME ON! CAGiversary!   3815 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

$2993 on flowers, $18+k on food....going after the big ticket items I see.

#5 UncleBob  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

I think it's just the tip of the iceberg though. We're to the point where these yokels aren't even worried about hiding this kind of taxpayer abuse. This is what they show us.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#6 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

If I were president I wouldn't use a bunch of top shelf pens to sign a bill into law. I'd use a Bic pen and sign it in my underwear without the pomp and circumstance and 50 children standing around you. Cutting spending should start from the top.

#7 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

have had our credit rating downgraded twice for the first time in our history.

By the same groups that rated subprime-mortgage stuffed collateralized debt obligations as "Triple-A."

Whoopee-doo. Why do we worship at the altar of fiscal snake oil salesmen?

BTW, this thread should be "BOTH PARTIES DO IT HURR DURR," since that appears to be what you want to try to convey here. We are currently lacking in terms of vital judge positions, no head of the ATF, no head of the CFPB (and also CFTC, if I'm not mistaken) - and we currently do not have a secretary of defense. Perhaps you can point to when Democrats obstructed to the same degree. I look forward to it.
Posted Image

#8 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

http://news.yahoo.co...--politics.html

Nice parenting there, Rev.

#9 IRHari   COME ON! CAGiversary!   3815 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

By the same groups that rated subprime-mortgage stuffed collateralized debt obligations as "Triple-A."

BTW, this thread should be "BOTH PARTIES DO IT HURR DURR," since that appears to be what you want to try to convey here. We are currently lacking in terms of vital judge positions, no head of the ATF, no head of the CFPB (and also CFTC, if I'm not mistaken) - and we currently do not have a secretary of defense. Perhaps you can point to when Democrats obstructed to the same degree. I look forward to it.

Joke's on you Myke because there was no CFPB before Obama was President. You lose. Both sides do it :)

#10 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

http://now.msn.com/c...gallons-of-milk

Way to go! Unforeseen economic effects of gov't over regulation and legislation leading to more subsidies, who cares!

http://m.now.msn.com...-dignity-of-job

She would still get to spend 3 grand in tax payer money in flowers....in 4 months!

http://now.msn.com/a...ional-pay-raise

And last, but not least, a bi-partisan couple that lives in the real world.

#11 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Given that cluster of articles, I have to wonder - just what in the world is this thread supposed to be about, thematically?
Posted Image

#12 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Pretty sure "economics" are run political too...

#13 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6849 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Given that cluster of articles, I have to wonder - just what in the world is this thread supposed to be about, thematically?

I believe berzirk answered this question already. You're the one that wanted to go down that rabbit hole so personal responsibility and all that...:lol:

#14 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

I give this thread a D. It shows no effort, and a complete lack of thinking.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#15 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

http://www.foxnews.c...oyment-costing/

We need more taxes! No spending problem here.....

#16 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24183 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

I thought Republicans liked to eliminate waste fraud and abuse. Every single state mentioned has a republican governor.

#17 Cantatus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Doesn't sound like a spending problem so much as a fraud one.

#18 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Apparently it's OK when state governments Fuck up, because it's their right.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#19 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Our whole political system, federal, state, and local, is full of fraud and corruption. Giving more power and control over our lives to a system that has proven its ineptitude and lack of morality is foolish. There has got to be a better way...

#20 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6247 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Apparently it's OK when state governments Fuck up, because it's their right.

In a nutshell, and this is all you will ever get. Government screws up, its ok when Republicans screw up because they want to drown in a bath tub.
wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell

#21 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

And I don't understand that, if anything my local/state government pisses me off more than the federal. They're the ones that won't fix the pot holes I run over every day and are acting homophobic about discussing homosexuality in schools.

#22 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

I am neutral on my local government (city and county), very negative on my state government and hopeless on our federal government.

Hell, I had jury duty today at the local courthouse and thought they did a good job of it. Courts are one of the few things I would like to see increased funding for. In my state we pander to over-funded schools while letting the third branch of government be dismembered.

http://www.courthous...02/21/55047.htm

Cantil-Sakauye pointed to San Bernardino County, which recently closed three of its outlying courthouses, to illustrate the effects of budget cuts.
"So now ... a San Bernardino resident, to get his or her day in court, has to travel 175 miles one way. You have to assume they have transportation, that they can leave work to spend the day in court. Then they have a 175-mile trip back."
She also cited Los Angeles, which will close 10 courthouses by June, and Fresno, which has closed seven courthouses.

#23 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

http://video.washing...d=2181032614001

Obama cronyism at its best.

#24 Vader582   Dark Lord of Savings CAGiversary!   3048 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

God, George Soros was involved too?! SMH.

#25 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6849 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Nothing like citing a super conservative free daily paper that reads like a tabloid to get your "facts," right?

Btw, there's already a Stay Classy Obama thread.

God, George Soros was involved too?! SMH.

He's the head of the Illuminati. Didn't you know!!!???:roll:
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#26 Vader582   Dark Lord of Savings CAGiversary!   3048 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I doubt Beyonce would have anything to do with him. :roll:

#27 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6849 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

I doubt Beyonce would have anything to do with him. :roll:

I doubt it. She's his successor. Her song "Single Ladies" was about turning girls into feminazis to enslave men. Soros don't got shit on Beyonce. Get your facts straight before they clandestinely take over with hypnotically reductive pop music.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#28 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Nothing like citing a super conservative free daily paper that reads like a tabloid to get your "facts," right?

Btw, there's already a Stay Classy Obama thread.

So you have some "facts" disputing the info presented? Here's another take from a gal you must love;)

http://michellemalki...oan-complaints/

Recipient of $341 million Obamacare CO-OP loan runs insurance company with New York’s worst record of complaints

If it's a fabrication, please let me know. Obamacare and these special waivers and loans are like the Iraqi War and Haliburton. Gov't making its friends rich off of taxes.

#29 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6849 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

So you have some "facts" disputing the info presented? Here's another take from a gal you must love;)

http://michellemalki...oan-complaints/

Recipient of $341 million Obamacare CO-OP loan runs insurance company with New York’s worst record of complaints

If it's a fabrication, please let me know. Obamacare and these special waivers and loans are like the Iraqi War and Haliburton. Gov't making its friends rich off of taxes.

Let's be honest with each other: you don't give a shit about facts and you don't give a shit about even understanding the issues because instead of making your own arguments, you post shitty links from more than questionable sources that border on being tabloid rags at a checkout line. You even can't ass yourself into typing up a few sentences to frame an argument.

If you can't explain it, then you don't understand it, so stop pretending that you do. But hey, I guess it's better to support someone that made their conservative chops by writing about how people of Japanese decent and US citizenship deserved and were rightfully interred in concentration camps. How absolutely libertarian of you.

You know who else is bombing threads with stupid youtube clips in vs? Some 18 year old kid that really just started developing his political consciousness. This isn't something that I should have to explain to the type of adult that you claim to be.
dohdough.png

#30 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Let's be honest with each other: you don't give a shit about facts and you don't give a shit about even understanding the issues because instead of making your own arguments, you post shitty links from more than questionable sources that border on being tabloid rags at a checkout line. You even can't ass yourself into typing up a few sentences to frame an argument.

If you can't explain it, then you don't understand it, so stop pretending that you do. But hey, I guess it's better to support someone that made their conservative chops by writing about how people of Japanese decent and US citizenship deserved and were rightfully interred in concentration camps. How absolutely libertarian of you.

You know who else is bombing threads with stupid youtube clips in vs? Some 18 year old kid that really just started developing his political consciousness. This isn't something that I should have to explain to the type of adult that you claim to be.

Hhahaahhhaahhahahaha...I should have known that you would keep attacking the source rather than the facts. The FACTS frame the argument.

As far as "stupid" youtube clips, just ignore them, bro. I ignore half the liberal responses on here because they are such off topic drivel. Are you getting paid to respond here?:roll: