Max Payne 3 (Ps3, Xbox), Free After Rebate, TigerDirect.com

[quote name='Markew001']Today is the 17th. I'm curious what the "no wait rebate" option is that's mentioned in the rebate info PDF.[/QUOTE]

No it is the 16th.

[quote name='sabanoo']It's definitely 12:40 AM on 2/17 on the east coast...[/QUOTE]

You want to trust your receipt says the 17th right now?

Shipping and tax will cost me $6. If I didn't already own this on PS3, I would definitely grab it. Still tempted to grab it for 360, but will resist.

Tempted because I regret trading my copy in to Best Buy but I've heard iffy things about TD and I don't want to risk $30 on a game I've already beaten.

[quote name='sabanoo']:roll:[/QUOTE]

So you are 100% sure if you place an order right now it would say 2/17? How about answering the question instead of trying to be cute.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So you are 100% sure if you place an order right now it would say 2/17? How about answering the question instead of trying to be cute.[/QUOTE]

I think you might need to chill out...

Does anyone have any positive experiences with TD's rebates?

[quote name='sabanoo']I think you might need to chill out...

Does anyone have any positive experiences with TD's rebates?[/QUOTE]

Again no answer.

from what i read the no wait rebate is they take off part of the rebate like 10% penalty which would work in this case i guess since the rebate is 35 and the game is only 29.99 so even with the penalty it still might be almost free

[quote name='cancerman1120']Again no answer.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure why I'm supposed to have answers for you... It's 12:46 AM on the east coast and TD operates on east coast time. Do what you want but try to stop being an asshat.

[quote name='Markew001']Today is the 17th. I'm curious what the "no wait rebate" option is that's mentioned in the rebate info PDF.[/QUOTE]
Instead of waiting 2 months or more for the rebate, you can get in about 2 - 4 weeks at a cost of $5. I pretty sure that was the option in a rebate I did years ago.

With a rebate this big, I would photocopy everything before you sent in the rebate. I don't think Tigerdirect will cover the rebate if you have issues with it. I know from experience Newegg customer service will give you money for rebates if you have issues though.

Regarding the rebate company that is processing this, I have done a few rebates through them and they all go through. Usually I send in the rebate, then a few weeks later I get scanned copy of the rebate for confirmation, and the check/rebate card comes in 2 months later.

[quote name='sabanoo']I'm not really sure why I'm supposed to have answers for you... It's 12:46 AM on the east coast and TD operates on east coast time. Do what you want but try to stop being an asshat.[/QUOTE]

Exactly when was I being an asshat? I brought up it was between 2/17 and 2/23 so people might want to hold off. What I got in return was people people being cute about it. As far as I can tell you are the one being the asshat. You could of just said TG is an ET company right? Instead you decided to be funny.

[quote name='usagi']Instead of waiting 2 months or more for the rebate, you can get in about 2 - 4 weeks at a cost of $5. I pretty sure that was the option in a rebate I did years ago.

With a rebate this big, I would photocopy everything before you sent in the rebate. I don't think Tigerdirect will cover the rebate if you have issues with it. I know from experience Newegg customer service will give you money for rebates if you have issues though.

Regarding the rebate company that is processing this, I have done a few rebates through them and they all go through. Usually I send in the rebate, then a few weeks later I get scanned copy of the rebate for confirmation, and the check/rebate card comes in 2 months later.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, thanks! I don't feel like the hassle for a game I'm honestly only slightly interested in. I'll just grab it when it's dirt cheap. :)

Funny how peps on SD thread are all for this w/ positive review on TD w/ rebate and CAG is wishy washy.

I ordered one off BB for $20 but getting 2 free games to trade-in wouldn't be bad either. Just cost me time... Guess I'll wait till midnight on PST before ordering so I don't get screw on the rebate.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Exactly when was I being an asshat? I brought up it was between 2/17 and 2/23 so people might want to hold off. What I got in return was people people being cute about it. As far as I can tell you are the one being the asshat. You could of just said TG is an ET company right? Instead you decided to be funny.[/QUOTE]

I went and looked it up just for you because you were so persistent in bothering me to answer for you. I used this new site called...goog...something. I forget.

[quote name='sabanoo']I went and looked it up just for you because you were so persistent in bothering me to answer for you. I used this new site called...goog...something. I forget.[/QUOTE]

Yep and I am the asshat.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Exactly when was I being an asshat? I brought up it was between 2/17 and 2/23 so people might want to hold off. What I got in return was people people being cute about it. As far as I can tell you are the one being the asshat. You could of just said TG is an ET company right? Instead you decided to be funny.[/QUOTE]

Being a third party, I can, in fact, confirm that you were the asshat. :booty:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yep and I am the asshat.[/QUOTE]

Just shut the fuck up before you get banned.

Thanks for the thread, OP. Definitely picking up a copy.

[quote name='Duke Silver']Being a third party, I can, in fact, confirm that you were the asshat. :booty:[/QUOTE]

Tell me how? I was only trying to bring up the point about the dates. What I got in return was that people are saying nope it is definitely 2/17. For those on the west coast it won't be 2/17 for 2 more hours. If looking out for fellow CAGs is being the asshat then I guess I am.

[quote name='Blade']Just shut the fuck up before you get banned.

Thanks for the thread, OP. Definitely picking up a copy.[/QUOTE]

Banned for what?

[quote name='cancerman1120']tell me how? I was only trying to bring up the point about the dates. What i got in return was that people are saying nope it is definitely 2/17. For those on the west coast it won't be 2/17 for 2 more hours. If looking out for fellow cags is being the asshat then i guess i am.[/quote]

omg guys let's wait until it's 2/17 in hawaii to make absolutely sure

As tempting as it is, I'll have to pass. If it was an instant rebate then this would be cool, but I don't feel like being out the $30+ for a min. of 8-10 weeks. Nice find for those that haven't played it though.

[quote name='Blade']omg guys let's wait until it's 2/17 in hawaii to make absolutely sure[/QUOTE]

Is that what I said? Grow up.

I never said people SHOULD wait but that to be aware of it.

already beat it and traded into bestbuy if rebate was instant i'd pay shipping just to get it back into my collection but i'll wait since i have such a huge backlog i haven't even touch assassis creed 3
doing walking dead sly cooper thieves in time and darksiders 1 before i move on to 2 right now.

The rebate information says "This rebate is in USD currency and may be paid with a prepaid reward card.". Anyone know what this means? Is a prepaid reward card a gift card? If so, this wouldn't be that great.

I run a computer repair business and deal with Tiger frequently. Yes, their rebates in the past were really spotty or would be rejected outright on first submission, making you resubmit (make copies of EVERYTHING!). Recently they've been much better, and I wouldn't hesitate to jump on this offer. Granted, you'll wait a little bit to get your money back, but free is free.

I would take the time to read ahead on the rebate info though to make sure you don't have to cut the UPC out from the game cover (like they do for video cards and other PC hardware). I've never seen a video game rebate on Tiger before, or maybe I just wasn't looking.

[quote name='hwong3']The rebate information says "This rebate is in USD currency and may be paid with a prepaid reward card.". Anyone know what this means? Is a prepaid reward card a gift card? If so, this wouldn't be that great.[/QUOTE]

It's like a debit card.

[quote name='SilentBob50023']I run a computer repair business and deal with Tiger frequently. Yes, their rebates in the past were really spotty or would be rejected outright on first submission, making you resubmit (make copies of EVERYTHING!). Recently they've been much better, and I wouldn't hesitate to jump on this offer. Granted, you'll wait a little bit to get your money back, but free is free.

I would take the time to read ahead on the rebate info though to make sure you don't have to cut the UPC out from the game cover (like they do for video cards and other PC hardware). I've never seen a video game rebate on Tiger before, or maybe I just wasn't looking.[/QUOTE]

You do have to cut out the UPC and affix it to one of the forms you mail in.

I ordered 1 PS3 and 360 version and filled out the rebate form for both versions on 1 form. $63.72 total with shipping and getting $70 back is an awesome deal.

I placed my order using google checkout at 1:30am est time but on the receipt it states order rec on 2/16 at 10:30pm. Did I just mess up?

bread's done
Back